Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 03/12/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Seska

Re: Changelog 03/12/16

Post#61 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm

Definitely on-board with these changes, which are a step in the right direction.

Just a few observations:

T1- Fun to begin with (mainly due to massive numbers), but then starts to grate after a while. I think the problem presents itself in people's inability to travel to anywhere outside of Nordland. Killing for a constant 1-2rp when the zone is locked isn't exactly "progressing". I'm aware this is a complex mindset to tackle. Personally, it makes me more inclined to PvE until 16 and then switch in to T2/T3.

Scout's ORvR rewards - The likelihood of having the required number of medals at 15-16-17, respectively, is fairly low (unless you grind out ORvR and save up massive amounts of T1 medals, or get lucky with a lot of rare T2/T3 drops).

Not sure I agree with other comments saying that this seems out of the blue. The implementation (IMO) needs to be done in stages, to fully analyse the depth each change has on the wider population.

Kudos. I'm still enjoying myself. Thank you. :D

Ads
Vandoles

Post#62 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Seska wrote:Definitely on-board with these changes, which are a step in the right direction.

Just a few observations:

T1- Fun to begin with (mainly due to massive numbers), but then starts to grate after a while. I think the problem presents itself in people's inability to travel to anywhere outside of Nordland. Killing for a constant 1-2rp when the zone is locked isn't exactly "progressing". I'm aware this is a complex mindset to tackle. Personally, it makes me more inclined to PvE until 16 and then switch in to T2/T3.

Scout's ORvR rewards - The likelihood of having the required number of medals at 15-16-17, respectively, is fairly low (unless you grind out ORvR and save up massive amounts of T1 medals, or get lucky with a lot of rare T2/T3 drops).

Not sure I agree with other comments saying that this seems out of the blue. The implementation (IMO) needs to be done in stages, to fully analyse the depth each change has on the wider population.

Kudos. I'm still enjoying myself. Thank you. :D
The lack of the other two zones is a pretty valid point. I seem to recall at launch of original War there was massive population across all 3 and there was plenty of action, which was great, cause the elf/dwarf zones are both pretty fun to walk around and gank in. I think an incentive to switch zones would be pretty great, like a longer lock timer and more BO/zone lock rewards compared to kills, since right now its better to just wait for the zone lock instead of going to cap BOs. Anyway, i think it's a pipedream to open up rvr outside Nordland, but we'll see.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#63 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:41 pm

When I played live I cant remember the other T1 zones used at all for the RVR sadly...

My hope is that with the changes that comes there will be more action in all the lakes, no matter what tier.

Vandoles

Post#64 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:51 pm

It was the first days of launch, when there were some 800k people in the first tiers.

If you went around the lakes in elf and dwarf there were ganking groups/skirmrishes, iirc. It's foggy, but I remember going there to check and having a few fights here and there. Unforutnately there's practically no reason to switch zones, becuase BO lock rewards are pretty negligible.

Perhaps a tier-wide lock system, where you have to lock each tier in turn to get a zone lock reward and said zone lock reward is huge?

Of course this is bullshit in t4, with 9 zones, but could be something similar in t1/t2-3. Or just increased BO cap rewards.

magter3001

Post#65 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Vandoles wrote:It was the first days of launch, when there were some 800k people in the first tiers.

If you went around the lakes in elf and dwarf there were ganking groups/skirmrishes, iirc. It's foggy, but I remember going there to check and having a few fights here and there. Unforutnately there's practically no reason to switch zones, becuase BO lock rewards are pretty negligible.

Perhaps a tier-wide lock system, where you have to lock each tier in turn to get a zone lock reward and said zone lock reward is huge?

Of course this is bullshit in t4, with 9 zones, but could be something similar in t1/t2-3. Or just increased BO cap rewards.
They've tried that already, apparently everyone stayed in t1 Nordland anyways. The better option would have been to automatically teleport everyone in the rvr lakes to the open zone, but I doubt the devs have that power on server side. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Tertilus

Post#66 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:12 pm

magter3001 wrote: They've tried that already, apparently everyone stayed in t1 Nordland anyways. The better option would have been to automatically teleport everyone in the rvr lakes to the open zone, but I doubt the devs have that power on server side. ;)
Obviously teleporting people isn't going to happen, but I'd really like to see something done. I liked the locking out of gains anywhere but in the rotating active zone in T1, but no one read the changelogs so there was mass confusion amongst the players, at least in Nordland. I'd like to see that return, only spam them with server messages until it sinks in I say. Leave it that way until they get it. I was just starting to get the idea across to some folks when it got changed back last time.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#67 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Maybe just remove players rvr status when t1 zone is locked , and lock the zone for an hour or so . If they're anable to fight in a locked zone they'll switch I think
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Vandoles

Post#68 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Nah that sounds too brutish, I don't think you'll ever force people to switch zones. They'll just farm mobs and do scenarios while its locked anyway. I'd say it's better to provide incentive - like a quest to lock all 9 BOs that grants a lot of exp and good rewards, for example. Could also lead to some people staying debolstered in t1 until late, because the quest is better than lower level playing in t2/t3. Or something along those lines, you know.

Ads
Luicetarro

Post#69 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Grunbag wrote:Maybe just remove players rvr status when t1 zone is locked , and lock the zone for an hour or so . If they're anable to fight in a locked zone they'll switch I think
They stopped fighting, while there was no reward for killing ppl in Nordland while it was locked, while other zones were available of course. Ppl even stopped capping BOs, so the zone will stay open and blamed the ones that did lock the zone, since 'you won't get rewards for fighting anymore!'.

That's the entire reason the devs reenabled the rewards. You can't force them.

sotora

Post#70 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Problem with elf & orc/dwarf T1 zones is that they are big. Empire is much more compact, so you have plenty of fighting and very little downtime/travelling. Same reason why Ship Capture Point in Empire T1 sees much less players and figthing because travel time and most players stay in area that consist of 2 Capture Points between 2 warcamps.

So elf & dwarf/orc would have to give more renown/influence per kill to match (or even exceed at beggining) empire renown/per hour ratio and thus be attractive to players.