Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:54 am

[Open RvR]

Azarael

Battlefield Objectives

The contested and lock timers for Battlefield Objectives are now based on population distribution history for both realms:
  • Objectives that were taken by zerging will have high contested timers and short lock timers. This effect is mitigated if the attacking zerg was necessitated by a defending zerg.
  • Objectives that were overdefended, or that lacked defense, will have short contested timers and high lock timers.
  • The sweet spot for both attack and defense of an objective is using 20% of your realm's forces.
The existing effect of AAO on lock timers remains.

Victory Points

The green and yellow bars at the top right of the UI no longer represent reward scale. Instead, they represent control of the area. The yellow bar represents your realm, and the green bar represents the enemy.

The bars shift as you gain Victory Points, which come from having overall control of the current zone's Battlefield Objectives. Controlling 3 objectives shifts at normal rate and controlling 4 shifts twice as fast.

The maximum shift is determined by your control of Battlefield Objectives and Keeps:
  • Base maximum: 50%
  • 3 objectives held: +15%
  • 4 objectives held: +30% instead of +15%
  • Enemy keep held:: +35%
A zone locks when one realm reaches 100 Victory Points, and Victory Points also scale the value of supplies.

Keeps

A fallen keep will be controlled by the enemy for a minimum of 45 minutes, and will remain controlled as long as the enemy controls more than half of the Victory Points in a zone.

A keep can support 25% of the attacking force's total numbers as defenders at rank 0, and can support an additional 15% per rank attained. If this limit is exceeded, Diminishing Rations applies.

[Map Changes]

saupreusse

Fixed PQ areas for Black Crag

wargrimnir

Eataine HighElf
- Corrected Wildwood Coast and Vale of the Dawn. Maps unlock properly and respawns are correct.

T1 DvG
- Updated the size of almost every PQ in both Ekrund and Mount Bloodhorn.
- Fixed the chapter area around Ironclaw Camp so the PQ tracker shows throughout.

T2 Dwarf
- Fixed Ch5 Rallymaster Durrig Olfrinson. Influence rewards may now be taken.

[Public Quests]

Hargrim

- Ambush Pass in Kadrin Valley (T4 Chapter 15) is fully operational.
- Evil Axis in Kadrin Valley (T4 Chapter 15) is fully operational.
- Plague Mist Vale in Kadrin Valley (T4 Chapter 15) is fully operational.
- Gates of Grung Grimaz in Kadrin Valley (T4 Chapter 16) is fully operational (go and check a surprise boss in last stage :) ).
- Night Riders in Kadrin Valley (T4 Chapter 16) is fully operational.
- Red with Envy in Thunder Mountain is fully operational.
- Ankul Grob in Thunder Mountain is fully operational.
- Emberlight Mine in Cinderfall is fully operational.

wargrimnir

- Devised a method to enable dual-faction PQ's that are commonly found in Dwarf/Greenskin areas. Only your faction PQ tracker will show at these PQ's, and they will advance independently of each other.
- Kron Komar Gap has been implemented.

[Other Changes]

Azarael

- Fixed an issue causing the Ironbreaker skill Earthshatter not to work consistently.

Hargrim

- Dread Knights are now mounted on Cold Ones!
- Dread Knight Kulthans are now mounted on Cold Ones!
- Removed some wild Cold Ones from Kadrin Valley
- Changed faction of Cold Ones in Kadrin Valley
- Bloody Sun Boar Boys now have boars!
- Bloody Sun Boar Doctas now have boars!
- Low Boss Brung now have boar!
- Uthorin Outriders now ride horses instead of Cold Ones!
- Uthorin Sentries are now mounted on Cold Ones!

saupreusse

Removed dozens of squig double spawns in Black Crag

wargrimnir

- Corrected stats on ~750 Green items from R2 to R9
- Corrected stats on ~430 Blue items from R2 to R9
- Corrected stats on ~75 Purple items from R2 to R5

[Addressed Tickets]

Natherul

-[8650] Fixed the PQ so its now doable, will revisit if I can figure out when/how the bubbles are supposed to be there
-[8649] Added more gobbos to stage 1, the pq was underpopulated.
-[8513] The gobbos have been starved for some time now, they should be weaker now.
-[2801] Fixed the "inkblob" on the map for the quest Eaten Away

RyanMakara

- [8703] NPC: Ambassadors in Altdorf are now appropriated to their King's race.
- [8695] ToK: 'Handy Dandy' unlock and title available through Library/Disciple's Assistant work-around.
- [8693] ToK: 'Rhya' is now obtainable.

Ads
Xrage

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 pm

WELL DONE ! \o/

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Interesting certainly.

However how am I supposed to know when "diminishing returns" begins at keep?
Will I just notice it from lessened exp/rr gain, or is there some way to know that now 25% of your allies are there with you?

Also do WC cannons still reach some BOs in certain zones or is that just a distant memory from live? For example Destro WC being almost above MM BO.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Natherul wrote:
Victory Points

The green and yellow bars at the top right of the UI no longer represent reward scale. Instead, they represent control of the area. The yellow bar represents your realm, and the green bar represents the enemy.

The bars shift as you gain Victory Points, which come from having overall control of the current zone's Battlefield Objectives. Controlling 3 objectives shifts at normal rate and controlling 4 shifts twice as fast.

The maximum shift is determined by your control of Battlefield Objectives and Keeps:
  • Base maximum: 50%
  • 3 objectives held: +15%
  • 4 objectives held: +30% instead of +15%
  • Enemy keep held:: +35%
A zone locks when one realm reaches 100 Victory Points, and Victory Points also scale the value of supplies.
I'd like to have some clarification.
Do you get victory points over time and holding objectives just increases the rate? If yes, then I think this goes in the right direction and is pretty much how it should be. :)

If you only lock zone, when you take the keep, then several hours stalemates with equal forces continue to happen, when either side is unable to take the keep.
Dying is no option.

Azarael

Post#5 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Pointless to discuss. There's an issue related to changes with the new patcher, forcing me to roll back code.

Zegota

Post#6 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:28 pm

I loved the domination system back in the days. It's gonna break up the zerg and give us more small scale fights on the BOs (hopefully).

spikespiegel84

Post#7 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:52 pm

It's no change. Is a rollback. It means it will come back exactly as it was. :D

shaggyboomboom

Post#8 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:30 pm

saupreusse

Removed dozens of squig double spawns in Black Crag
Does this mean the squig powerleveling spot is dead?

Ads
CaledorTree

Post#9 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Does that mean in the future we will get the good old VP point system?? Sweeeeet!!!
Hargrim: This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock
Achilleos: From my own experience I don't think you will be having this signature for long.

Haojin

Post#10 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:43 pm

It's a good step forward Aza.

-Could you define DR ? Wounds debuff or Dps/Wounds buff ?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn