Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Patchnotes 29/12/16

Post#31 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Razielhell wrote:
Hargrim

- Gates of Grung Grimaz in Kadrin Valley (T4 Chapter 16) is fully operational (go and check a surprise boss in last stage :) ).
Dammit Hargrim! Stage 2 half works.We couldnt advance in final stage to check that surprise boss :evil:
Fixed in next DB push I think.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#32 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Grobbok wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Grobbok wrote:victory points are the worst option you can choose, but looks like you dont remember how it was in old game, and who so many ppl left it, why? because rvr was totally not playable locked in one zone for hours is not good direction
P. S. its about patch
But it's still whine and you don't seem to understand what constructive means.

Identify a problem. Propose a solution. < Constructive
Identify a problem. State it is bad. < Whining
problem solution, OK, here you go
bring game from 2013! and I told you all, soon or later, after many changes you will bring old good warhammer, maybe it takes years but you will return to old game from 2013, as true players of WAR miss now, this ppl who stayed to the end
Yes please, bring back Doomflayer and Warpforged and bomb groups and rr100 and no one playing the game because it was the most imbalanced piece of **** this side of DAoC. What **** game did you play back then dude, and why would you want go back to something was so imbalanced and unfun? I liked WAR, but it wasn't well balanced or fun in the end, at all.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

sanii

Post#33 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Grobbok wrote:
problem solution, OK, here you go
bring game from 2013! and I told you all, soon or later, after many changes you will bring old good warhammer, maybe it takes years but you will return to old game from 2013, as true players of WAR miss now, this ppl who stayed to the end
You don't really want the game from 2013, you think you do , but you really don't.

And indirectly stating how everyone who didn't play thru the hellhole that was the end of war is not a true player of WAR doesn't help ur cause either.
<Pxl> <Luewee> <Fhc> and many many more!
[Deep and Dry] - Order
[Dark Omen] - Destruction

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#34 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Ok guys, dont derail a changelog thread.

or it will become heavily moderated!

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#35 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Hargrim wrote:Fixed in next DB push I think.
8-)
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Morf

Post#36 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Victory points system should be interesting and should hopefully spread ppl out a bit more.

I would like to point out in regards to still only having 1 random active zone open at a time, the zerg will still always win, rightly so i guess but when the time comes for city sieges being able to capture a zone on the sly to outwit the zerg is important, sure empty keep takes are boring but in the grand scheme of things (city siege pushes) its an important method to slow or stop a city siege.
Zones are not huge and you will find the fighting hotspots taking place in the same places over and over, with one zone open you will generally find a back and forth fight, wc to ms in praag, wc to mid bo in caledor, wc to mid bo in eatiane etc etc, this isnt fun for most and if they cannot change zones they will either wait semi afk for a new zone to open or log off.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Kaberu

Post#37 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Morf wrote:Victory points system should be interesting and should hopefully spread ppl out a bit more.

I would like to point out in regards to still only having 1 random active zone open at a time, the zerg will still always win, rightly so i guess but when the time comes for city sieges being able to capture a zone on the sly to outwit the zerg is important, sure empty keep takes are boring but in the grand scheme of things (city siege pushes) its an important method to slow or stop a city siege.
Zones are not huge and you will find the fighting hotspots taking place in the same places over and over, with one zone open you will generally find a back and forth fight, wc to ms in praag, wc to mid bo in caledor, wc to mid bo in eatiane etc etc, this isnt fun for most and if they cannot change zones they will either wait semi afk for a new zone to open or log off.

Interesting, to combat this you have two options. 1. Open up all pairings as they were a few months back or 2. implement a similar system to live a launch where as lower tiers in the same pairing have an influence on T4 victory points. This should bring a few more people back to the lower tiers thus giving alt happy people and new comers more active orvr and much needed experience before entering T4.

Serbiansword

Post#38 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Kaberu wrote: Interesting, to combat this you have two options. 1. Open up all pairings as they were a few months back or 2. implement a similar system to live a launch where as lower tiers in the same pairing have an influence on T4 victory points. This should bring a few more people back to the lower tiers thus giving alt happy people and new comers more active orvr and much needed experience before entering T4.
But, the question is, do we have enough players to cover multiple active zones? If not, there will be even more captures without any resistance and with almost no fights.

Ads
Kaberu

Post#39 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:52 pm

Server needs more yes. We have to ask how many have left due to inactivity at lower zones and they are not enjoying it? Also, I see hundreds of players in T4 at times. If we lost 2, 3, or 4 groups to a lower tier to help T4 would that help or make things worse? I don't know. I would like to think some of the newer people might find more joy in it vs leaving for other things. In theory that would help us all.

Al4n

Post#40 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:39 am

Damn these changes are AWESOME!!! A great way to prevent the zerg and promote small group play :)