Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 7/1/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Glorian

Re: Patch Notes 7/1/17

Post#41 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am

I'm currently not sure if it is a Kerg-Nerf or Keg-Buff. Or Both.

Number of targets has been decreased. From 9 to group size (2-6). -> NERF
Range has been increased to 65 feet. -> BUFF
If you are in an SC at a BO and some members from group 2 are there, you cant heal them. -> NERF
If you are in ORvR and a WH just survived an WE gank attack, you cant heal him anymore to leech a little purple rain. ;) -> NERF

So less receivers for more range.
If I have 24 people standing in one spot the old Keg was better.
If I have a more mobile roaming group like in an SC the new Keg is better. Old Kegs 30 feet is almost nothing in range.
But if you loose group cohesion in an SC you are doomed and heal 3 people at most who are around you and none of the other lads of order around you. Thats bad.

So I'm currently mixed about the new Keg. But the reason was to remove the PUG-factor which worked.
And I'm more than excited what new toys wait for the engi at the grasps of client controll. :D

Keg-Ends Event lived more than up to its name.

Ads
Kali14
Banned

Post#42 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:42 am

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote:
Kali14 wrote:It's not war in Iraq. I don't know why you focus so much on RDPS when in each other Warhammer game they are only support unit for melee dps and tanks. This game start comparing Warhammer 40k.
becuase in this game every class is of value and should be viable and incse you didnt notice, rdps classes are actually extreamly strong atm

Yes, they are too strong. Today with my 1100 spiritual resistance, sorcerer critically hit me for 1800 damages. About hits like this I can only dreaming as WL. And if you know a bit system of fight in Warhammer Battle or WFRP or different Warhammer games you see the RDPS have high CD or Cast time their abilities, because in Warhammer world range weapons like bows or guns are very primitive. And they can't move while shooting. That's why I said this ROR start comparing Warhammer 40k or Call of Duty etc...And how this is not relevant to patch notes, when we talking about needed nerf RDPS and why imediattely I got warning?
Patch notes are not for whining. Your consistent attitude, arguing with staff, and multiple warnings have earned you a break from the forums.

- wargrimnir

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#43 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:49 am

I like The magus engi range change and the keg change. Balance means that we bring Toons in line that we can build Setups with all Toons. The range buffs on engi magus Just gave tham a Tool to slaughter pugs But dont help in 6 man or higher organized fights. So we have to think about what can bring magus engi in line that they are viable in 6 man or higher. Iam a Bit low on ideas there. The St and the middle tree arent good enough for serious Setups because other Toons for the job better.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Nirawen

Post#44 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:16 am

After a few days with this patch to say ... Bah here the beer that helped, sustained no longer serve much, the range increased ... we could always debate but we all know that this was given to compensate .. .usability? Close to nothingness.

Regarding the rest, the time to get in place and to have our bonus stack, with this reduced range .... we blow up by the distance, the engineer is no longer useless with disctance. Before it was Swiss knife now one wonders with all its modifications its utility.
And I can tell you that playing with the turret of fire to have the dodge and the dissipation is funny 5 min seen the little distance.
Here is my engineer went to the closet and contrary to what some think, the basic engineer was for me very well because of its versatility, one must make a choice which in the end in each specialization has been nerf.

So we will stand out another class ... (Congratulations to those who cry or I do not know who happens to put pressure inside that play destructive side destru and that does not have an objective position ...)

One more thing, if every time we react, we say that the decision was not necessarily good at last, in short, that we are not going in your direction, we take warnings, you close, cut off the discussion We talk about the patch ... it must be said .... in this case we will say that it is a beautiful patch and that is a good job.

Thank you

PS : Sorry for my English :D

Tifereth

Post#45 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 pm

That VP change! Glad it got noticed.

Range and keg changes are fair enough. To be honest, me personally never liked skills that are out of detaunt range anyway, throwing the mechanic out of the window. Looking forward to future discussions and to what else this community can cook up to make engineer/magus viable in group settings. Now that the potential "infinite keg stacking" problem is out of the way, we might finally be able to move on to more pressing issues. Saying that, however, this thread right here didn't exactly give me much hope in that regard. :lol:

When the facts are on the table, the silence of serious/reasonable players from both sides deafening and a change reached, it's truly a marvel how some people (whether they be in the buff, nerf or no change pls camp) can still get riled up by such an insignificant ability, while there is still so many other sticks in the mud.

Also, good job on all the PQ/database changes. Sure must have been a ton of work. Hope you guys didn't have to work too hard during the holidays and could enjoy a bit of spare time! :P

Regards.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

hogun

Post#46 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 am

You have modified a skill like the barrel which is a minor competence because the destro had this request, it is an original competence that had never been the subject of controversy solemnly it is minor for the balance of the game while being A skill that makes the engineer what he is. We speak about a hot (30 inch STATIC of 300 hp/ 3s). Even if for the engineer it is indispensable when you play solo (for leesh rp hehe) but also to help any player who will die of these DOT. How compared this HOT has a damage of more than 2000 hp made by INSTANT by a Magus or a sorcerer it is ridiculous! Must I deduce that crying on such and such a skill that thwarts me during a party on this forum will be modified by you? I have hope so far not! Finally thank you avoided to answer This is because the DESTRO do not have this competence because otherwise we have that listed the differences of the two sides which are important and change them, it will make us a game much more sad than that, Today because it is on the difference of the styles of the two sides that also make the interest of the game. If you want a barrel play engineer, and if you want to magnet players with your two swords with a buff 5s CD for your sorceress Play choppa but stop wanting to do two identical side I took you because it is harming the games! if you whant to have a proc Speed when you are attaque play goblin, If you want to be the most beautiful play dwarf. Stop to want everything is to make a choice of class which is also interresent

Ps : Nerf Kerg ... totaly crazy when you can be One second shot by a Sorcerer/BW , one shot by a SW , now One shot by a magus ....
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Panzerkasper

Post#47 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:04 am

hogun wrote:You have modified a skill like the barrel which is a minor competence because the destro had this request, it is an original competence that had never been the subject of controversy solemnly it is minor for the balance of the game while being A skill that makes the engineer what he is. We speak about a hot (30 inch STATIC of 300 hp/ 3s). Even if for the engineer it is indispensable when you play solo (for leesh rp hehe) but also to help any player who will die of these DOT. How compared this HOT has a damage of more than 2000 hp made by INSTANT by a Magus or a sorcerer it is ridiculous! Must I deduce that crying on such and such a skill that thwarts me during a party on this forum will be modified by you? I have hope so far not! Finally thank you avoided to answer This is because the DESTRO do not have this competence because otherwise we have that listed the differences of the two sides which are important and change them, it will make us a game much more sad than that, Today because it is on the difference of the styles of the two sides that also make the interest of the game. If you want a barrel play engineer, and if you want to magnet players with your two swords with a buff 5s CD for your sorceress Play choppa but stop wanting to do two identical side I took you because it is harming the games!

Ps : Nerf Kerg ... totaly crazy when you can be One second shot by a Sorcerer , one shot by a SW , now One shot by a magus ....
Another hard to understand whine post about the well deserved keg nerf/buff.
If you need the keg to play solo you are the worst engi to exist. I have seen good engis, back on the live servers (german players will remember names like Hotshot or Biomehanika) they kited you from Martyrs Square to south keep and back if they wanted and still did a shitload of damage, this was skill and a time where you had to fear the player not the class (the way it should be).
Nothing like this stupid turret/keg stand around and wait for your enemy to die playstyle we have nowadays that every monkey with 2 fingers can pull off.

PS: If you die in one seecond to a sorc a 300hp heal wont help you anyways. Also i want to see you getting 1 shot by a SW! Friendly Fire activated?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

ToXoS

Post#48 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:10 am

hogun wrote:You have modified a skill like the barrel which is a minor competence because the destro had this request, it is an original competence that had never been the subject of controversy solemnly it is minor for the balance of the game while being A skill that makes the engineer what he is. We speak about a hot (30 inch STATIC of 300 hp/ 3s). Even if for the engineer it is indispensable when you play solo (for leesh rp hehe) but also to help any player who will die of these DOT. How compared this HOT has a damage of more than 2000 hp made by INSTANT by a Magus or a sorcerer it is ridiculous! Must I deduce that crying on such and such a skill that thwarts me during a party on this forum will be modified by you? I have hope so far not! Finally thank you avoided to answer This is because the DESTRO do not have this competence because otherwise we have that listed the differences of the two sides which are important and change them, it will make us a game much more sad than that, Today because it is on the difference of the styles of the two sides that also make the interest of the game. If you want a barrel play engineer, and if you want to magnet players with your two swords with a buff 5s CD for your sorceress Play choppa but stop wanting to do two identical side I took you because it is harming the games!

Ps : Nerf Kerg ... totaly crazy when you can be One second shot by a Sorcerer/BW , one shot by a SW , now One shot by a magus ....

Having a RDPS-oriented class able to heal his group IS the ridiculous thing.
Be bursted down by a sorc is normal.

Ads
Nirawen

Post#49 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:08 am

Some ridiculous things we could come out especially if we really want to talk about mirror class ... the only problem is that it goes that in a sense ...
But I can not wait to have a pet with my SW ... even better if the SW could be a Spuig copy paste side order I take ... just like the Shaman and Archmage ...

So let's stop a little or so balance and make copy paste on all classes ... which in my opinion no interest ... the classes had advantages drawbacks on each side but the one is always looking at the same side .. We begin to understand on the order side that to advance things, we must cry like the destro ....

The proof ... a small increase range in beer ... awesome

Go copy paste of all classes and more worries and less post destro on the forum even though with the same classes some will come crying again

If not it's a good patch ...
Last edited by Nirawen on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#50 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:12 am

Hmm to add : Show me one def skilled magus or engi with turret 70% dodge// dis. That can be bursted down.... ATM they are nearly immun to range. Sure If u play glasscannon they burst u down.. But engi magus can burst a sorc down too
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy