Recent Topics

Ads

Guide: Merged RvR, scenarios and Keeps

Let's talk about... everything else
Gerv
Banned

Guide: Merged RvR, scenarios and Keeps

Post#1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:48 am

During the Doomsday event, all Mid-Tier activity has become part of the overall WAR efforts. The following guide may be outdated if the event is made permanent.

Players normally eligible for mid-tier should be following around whatever the active zone is
(use the chat command .rvrstatus), including T4! The Bolster mechanism has been adjusted so any player with reasonable gear for their level will be competitive.

- Wargrimnir

The Tier 2, 3 & 4 3 campaigns have been merged together and the global tier caps altered accordingly, ranks 16 to 40 can RvR together on the same maps across tier 2, 3 & 4. Each character under 40 is bolstered. There are two forms of bolster. One for 16-30 and one for 31-40.

You can find information on the new scenario brackets in this post by Dresden: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18814

The 16-31 Bolster:
An aggressive bolstering has been implemented to enable the lower level players to compete statistically with other players. This bolster will increase your player stats such as willpower, strength and wounds.

The 32-39 Bolster:
THe traditional bolster from live is in effect, it again boosts your stats but to a lesser extent as the mid their bolster because of better gear (ruin, anni and merc), potions (+60 main stats and 1300 heal pots) and talismans available to your character.

-Open world cap change. T1 level 1-15, T2-T4 16-40
The RvR mechanics are changed:
- Locking a zone = 5 battle field objectives and 5 keep stars are the key. Taken keeps now counter as a battle field objective.
The options then are as follows:
1 Rank 5 star keep + 4 Captured BOs (AAO must be less than 80% for the outnumbered realm)
2 Captured Keeps (no required stars) + 3 BOs
Draws!
A draw timer flip will occur between 3-4 hours. However the zone will only flip upon a draw timer when both keeps are flagged as safe and will not gflip if one door has taken damage. This prevents a draw occurring during a siege.
You can no longer see the draw timer of a zone, this is to prevent "potato style" play.
Diminishing Rations (blue debuff)
Diminishing rations is a wounds and stats debuff to your realm. It occurs when you do not hold enough Battle Field objectives and is designed to pushing turtle play. It can occur when your realm has aao, even if you ahve 80% aao.

The RvR system updates every 60 seconds, thus an instant 5 Star keep + 4 BOs will not auto flip you must wait for the RvR system to update. You can view the timer until next update with the generic UI RvR window or with the addon State of the Realm: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=22771&hilit=State+of+the+Realm

Later, changes were made to scenario brackets:
- A break down of scenario objectives, point allocation and a guide to the changes to scenarios from the live server can be found here, thanks to Anarchypark and Azarael: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415

General Information
- All map points are unlocked, all you need to do is have the gold to fly between the zones.
- The current active RvR zone is displayed in your chat log through the “RvR” chat filter shown below in the screen shot with a Green circle. You can also type .RVR in /say channel and the active zone will be shown in yellow system chat.
- To communicate and advertise your Warband use the /t2, /t3 and /t4 chat commands. To see these messages in game tick the “Realm War Tier 2” and “realm War Tier 3” and "realm War Teir 4" chat filters shown below in the screen shot with a red circle.

Contribution (coming soon)

Last edited by Gerv on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
Torneach

Re: Guide: Merged T2&3 RvR

Post#2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:39 am

Thank you for this! Was looking to lead a WB in T2/3 this past weekend and got a quick primer on the system from some people in Advice.

This will be very helpful in educating people and hopefully imbue more than a few with the knowledge and confidence needed to lead warbands in T2/3.
Defensor, Knight of the Blazing Sun, Guild Leader of Resilience (USTZ)

viking132

Post#3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 am

Oh I see I didn't realize that they were combined now thx

wildboy789

Post#4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 am

my worry is that u guys buffed the lower lvls too much... 1 lvl 30 should still be able to destroy 3 lvl 16s... they should not 1 shot them, but they should be able to beat the lower lvl players... and all these changes before we get all the t4 gear and dungeons is troubleing, I pray u guys balanced it correctly, if my lvl 27 gets killed by 2 lvl 17s im gonna be a bit mad
Last edited by wildboy789 on Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:12 am

wildboy789 wrote:my worry is that u guys buffed the lower lvls too much... 1 lvl 30 should still be able to destroy 3 lvl 16s... they should not 1 shot them, but they should be able to beat the lower lvl players... and all these changes before we get all the t4 gear and dungeons is troubleing, I pray u guys balanced it correctly, if my lvl 27 gets killed by 2 lvl 17s im gonna more then mad
Get mad then.

R16+ is bolstered in RvR based on their current gear to the tier cap of R31. This is not a "I have 10 levels on you so I win" stompfest. If that's the game you're looking for, go elsewhere. Mid tier is hard enough to get RvR rolling without having high ranked players have an inevitable advantage over lower ranked players.

Once you get to T4, the gloves come off, but there are plenty of ways to gear up, and the power gap is much smaller.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wildboy789

Post#6 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 am

fair enough, ive played it a bunch since then and im not mad, u guys did a fine job :)

facundo7777

Post#7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:02 pm

how order player can exp playin rvr or sc in mid tier if whole time destro is zerging us? few hours of playin and i get 30% of lvl....

dansari

Post#8 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 pm

facundo7777 wrote:how order player can exp playin rvr or sc in mid tier if whole time destro is zerging us? few hours of playin and i get 30% of lvl....
Necromancy -- but you're supposed to play around it. You don't get "zerged" in scenarios since they're numbers balanced. In RVR, if you have too much aao, go where the zerg doesn't. Flip BOs and leave, gank at the keep and warcamp, gank people running supplies, etc. Even if you die more often than not, if you're getting a few kills on the way, it'll be worth it depending on how much aao you have.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Uhm, the opposite is true. Master your class, build groups or warbands and pick your targets. Kills with AAO let you rank up significantly faster than on zerg side, with nobody to kill.
How often are people trying to form groups?
Of course it doesn't work, when people play solo within open warbands. There has to be some kind of organization and people have to play their roles and pay attention to orders.

Don't blame destro for the inability to team up.

Btw, they zerg in SC too?
Dying is no option.

Gracely

Post#10 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 am

"Don't blame Destro for the ability to team up." Sums it up I think.