Patch Notes 13/5/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
freshour
Banned

Re: Patch Notes 13/5/2017

Post#91 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
freshour wrote:Is no one going to comment on the fact that the 50/50/50 quests are nearly requiring 100x the kills necessary to finish? 30+ kills, got 1/50 on one. Killed 8 high elves and got 1/50.

This promotes small groups rather than getting in a big WB to fill out that 50/50/50 and turning it in to get your seals. Please consider making all t2 kills count for the t2, and all kills in t3 count for the t3.

FYI - T3 was a blast haha, super OP classes are quite a bit toned down minus the AM's, and I'm sure DPS shammy's, those guys are having a hayday but it is still a lot of fun. I personally had a blast and think it would get a lot more people out in the lake if the 50/50/50 counts considered all kills, and MAYBE not even just DB's. If people start mowing through them, turn down the reward to 7 or 8 but progress always feels soooooo good when you see it :D
Thats an oversight, given the merge they should be doable simultaneously.
What I am saying is that these quests are actually not working. Nearly everyone in my WB stated the quests weren't progressing, and even as a duo the quest gave us 1 out of 30 kills. ALL DB's. So I am curious if it is WAI or not.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#92 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:38 pm

freshour wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
freshour wrote:Is no one going to comment on the fact that the 50/50/50 quests are nearly requiring 100x the kills necessary to finish? 30+ kills, got 1/50 on one. Killed 8 high elves and got 1/50.

This promotes small groups rather than getting in a big WB to fill out that 50/50/50 and turning it in to get your seals. Please consider making all t2 kills count for the t2, and all kills in t3 count for the t3.

FYI - T3 was a blast haha, super OP classes are quite a bit toned down minus the AM's, and I'm sure DPS shammy's, those guys are having a hayday but it is still a lot of fun. I personally had a blast and think it would get a lot more people out in the lake if the 50/50/50 counts considered all kills, and MAYBE not even just DB's. If people start mowing through them, turn down the reward to 7 or 8 but progress always feels soooooo good when you see it :D
Thats an oversight, given the merge they should be doable simultaneously.
What I am saying is that these quests are actually not working. Nearly everyone in my WB stated the quests weren't progressing, and even as a duo the quest gave us 1 out of 30 kills. ALL DB's. So I am curious if it is WAI or not.
Probably not, I wonder if it's only apply to a specific career instead of the race entirely. Need to look into it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#93 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:11 pm

dragot wrote:awesome changes. Order overpowered and what we do? right we nerf destro why not
Dat says it all.... but its ok right?
]

roadkillrobin

Post#94 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Fair warning to anyone else. You want to disagree? Fine. You want to call us idiots? Not okay.
There's far more thought and effort put into any balance change than we get credit for, but we still try despite the toxic and hostile attitudes when changes get made.
So please elberate the changes on CS and AoE coz I and about 300 other plyers don't get it. You just killed an entire concept of a class build.

I'd reallty like to see you explain the reasoning behind why you chose to make it not proc on AoE. And i'd really like to see what counter argument you have in terms of realm vs realm ballance for it needing to be changed.

Was it due to limitation what you can do with server vs client controll?
If Rending Blade have intended changes in close future, to bolster the build due to loss of AoE CS then why not wait?

Dabbart

Post#95 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Thanks for the update!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tesq

Post#96 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:52 pm

the fact that CS dont proc anymore from backlash tactit is something intentional?

xanderous

Post#97 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:01 am

Glad to see chosen getting some attention, long time coming.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#98 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:00 am

Tesq wrote:the fact that CS dont proc anymore from backlash tactit is something intentional?
Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing. But yes, that would be intended at this point. It applies on single target crit damage. Seriously, don't you guys think the multitude of ways this was applied might have been a little unintended? Backlash proc causing Crippling Strikes makes no sense at all, and is so wildly low-skill to negate a large portion of damage from an enemy caster, I just... man. Wow.

It's still a good tactic without hitting on AoE or procs BECAUSE it stacks with Challenge, just now you actually have to DO something for it to land on an enemy instead of lolspam their front lines, or literally stand there while their casters nerf their own damage for you. Someone explain how this is healthy for game balance, because Chosen certainly are not lacking in usefulness based on the rest of their kit.

Ads
Zegota

Post#99 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 am

wargrimnir wrote: It's still a good tactic without hitting on AoE or procs BECAUSE it stacks with Challenge, just now you actually have to DO something for it to land on an enemy instead of lolspam their front lines, or literally stand there while their casters nerf their own damage for you. Someone explain how this is healthy for game balance, because Chosen certainly are not lacking in usefulness based on the rest of their kit.

So with that logic, Encouraged Aim and Focused Mending are next in line for nerfs, cause hey, you just have to be there?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#100 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:27 am

Zegota wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: It's still a good tactic without hitting on AoE or procs BECAUSE it stacks with Challenge, just now you actually have to DO something for it to land on an enemy instead of lolspam their front lines, or literally stand there while their casters nerf their own damage for you. Someone explain how this is healthy for game balance, because Chosen certainly are not lacking in usefulness based on the rest of their kit.

So with that logic, Encouraged Aim and Focused Mending are next in line for nerfs, cause hey, you just have to be there?
Down the rabbit hole we go, eh? What do you think? Wildly overperforming tactics never nerfed to a reasonable state because Mythic was too afraid of player backlash. That seems exactly like the sort of thing we're not afraid to do.