Recent Topics

Ads

Slightly Broken! - FIXED

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Slightly Broken! - FIXED

Post#1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:25 am

Currently on live there is an issue that may cause extreme cooldowns on your abilities.

This is caused by both
* Having an ability on cooldown
* Transitioning to another zone (Flightmaster, Scroll/Book, Scenario pop/leave)

This is cleared on log-off, which can be problematic I'm sure.

If you can avoid zone transitions, you should be fine. This probably means RvR will not be adversely affected. However, if you are planning to run Scenarios it will be more problematic as any skill that is on cooldown when you join or leave, will be broken until you relog. If you're careful about things you can avoid this rather severe bug in the meantime.

This was a piece of code that was intended to preserve your cooldowns between zone transitions. It, somehow, is broken. We attempted to roll it back in a couple different ways, but we can only go back so far without breaking other things. It's a bit of a mystery what caused to to present issues at this time. At least, from the meager skills that those currently awake can provide.

Unfortunately it is the very early morning hours for most of our devs, not to mention most of us hold day jobs and are not necessarily going to dive into troubleshooting and coding right upon waking up. This may persist for the day until other more qualified persons can handle it fully. We're not giving up, just going to sleep for a few hours.

Thank you for your patience.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Re: Slightly Broken!

Post#2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:07 am

No Stress! We appreciate all you guys do. Thanks for making an official announcement and we all know you'll fix this asap! :)
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Slightly Broken!

Post#3 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:18 am

Seems to be fixed with my attempt this morning, if it persist please post so I know its still an issue

Haojin

Re: Slightly Broken! - FIXED

Post#4 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:19 am

Natherul for the natherul god !
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Dajciekrwi

Post#5 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:34 am

Take your time, first take some sleep:) i think the squigs on BC somehow missing me- still 37880 to go:)

HissiCNesS

Post#6 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 pm

I am still amazed how this whole game is for free and run by fans for fans now and how it works sooo well!! :) I am truly happy that I stumbled upon this project over 1 year ago and its just getting better and better!! :D Just leaving a big CHEERS to you guys!! GOOD ON YA!! ;)
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:27 am

trashzyoutube wrote:Amazing game and awesome features.... When will the latest update come ??
We usually roll out new version late at night on Fridays UTC time.