Recent Topics

Ads

Opinion on Swordmasters

Let's talk about... everything else
Rebuke

Opinion on Swordmasters

Post#1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:53 am

Hello,

Since there have been close to a dozen "opinion on career xxx" topics about certain classes, I though why not make one for a class I mainly play on this server: the Swordmaster.

I never played one on retail, but am thinking of making him a sword+board tank. While i can place Knight (large scale support) and Ironbreaker (small scale support) tank builds pretty well, I just cant find the exact role of a SM tank.

So far in T1 (and possibly T2) they are capable of outdpsing Knights and IB, but have more self-centered buffs, only having the blade enchant as true support utility to a group. What are the strength' s and weaknesses of SM tanks? ST Damage, CC, Support, Survivability etc? And what are good tank/support builds?

Link to career builder: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sm;

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Ads
normanis

Re: Opinion on Swordmasters

Post#2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:59 am

swordmaster right tree is group tented build u can steal stats from enemy also litle heal party with some tactic. forgot name byt its realy cool someone asked if i cheat hahahha
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#3 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:01 am

heavens blade and bolstering enchantments . also sword master with morale can make big jump to enemy like white lion class

normanis

Post#4 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:02 am

wings of heaven its called morale

Tklees

Post#5 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:04 pm

SMs... Where to begin. Overall in the live game they were the third worst order tank by a good bit. Only really good for 2h DPS with super high parry. They can snare and the aoe punt has saved me on occasion but in general they lack CC. Its always what has held them back. Group utility. But great in a 3 man or on boss 8 of tovl back in the day
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#6 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:38 pm

@Tklees the problem is, that their group support and dps stopped scaling ok once the casters were less efficient and Whispering Winds therefore mostly useless. Targeting that problem might be harder than we think, but mostly adding steals to some things might already help.
I have a few versions of swordmaster rebuilds on my blog already, might write a new one for the private server with the given limitations(i.e. only server side changes)
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Tklees

Post#7 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Idrinth wrote:@Tklees the problem is, that their group support and dps stopped scaling ok once the casters were less efficient and Whispering Winds therefore mostly useless. Targeting that problem might be harder than we think, but mostly adding steals to some things might already help.
I have a few versions of swordmaster rebuilds on my blog already, might write a new one for the private server with the given limitations(i.e. only server side changes)
I agree 100%. They need work just like BOs. For the most part the mirrors ranked out about the same on each sides ranking order with the disparity coming at Mara/WL and slayer/choppa the rest were fairly balanced. The SM/BO and AM/Shaman are the two that really fall far behind their peers and need the most END GAME work. In T1 no class is super OP to others.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

mistgun

Post#8 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:33 pm

SM are the MaSTEr RaCe!! Sup tklees.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:35 pm

They have a massive sword, shiny armor, use magic in melee and have spent more than a mans life span training. Whats not to like.

Penril

Post#10 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Telen wrote:They have a massive sword, shiny armor, use magic in melee and have spent more than a mans life span training. Whats not to like.
unicorns?