Recent Topics

Ads

2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nefarian78

2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:07 pm

As the title says i'm a bit stuck on what new character to create.

I want to try getting back into RoR with a new character and i need help on deciding what to play. I want to play that character ONLY with a 2h just for fun and will mainly do random SCs with a friend or solo.

I'd like my character to deal decent damage without being as squishy as a full-dmg class and without losing the ability to help my team when needed.

I'm thinking Chosen fits more what i'm looking for, but having never played any of the 2 i'm undecided.
What is the more "well rounded" class between those 2?
Spoiler:
I already have an IB, are BG and IB really similiar or do they have some differences that make it worth having both?
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: 2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:34 pm

I would say hands down 2H bg, it is the strongest 2H option on destro, yes im DE biased but hear me out;

You want a damage class that can still help your team, so you need to first ask your self, what is your purpose are you goint 2H for? To give up your shiled you lose a lot of things, such a surviveablity from block and powerful tools like Chosens destined for victory tactic or BG's 5s KD and utlites like Hold the Line!

In return for losing all that you trade it for a certain form of utlity or ablity, you play a certain role.

So the question is what role can you play as a 2H chosen vs a 2H bg

2H chosens role is to apply Crippiling strikes in an AoE by using Rending blade, Its a role more oriented toward oRvR/WB play, and this role was recently ruined by the devs becuase they didnt like that CS stacked with challange so they made CS single target only I.E blast wave and rending blade could not apply it in an AoE; however, the devs say thay will bring it back at a reduced value so not 25% but rather 10% or something, overall it will be weaker and i (personally) feel that 2h chosen is only good for if you want to have style points now as while chosens SnB build has always been the better option, it is even more so the case now

2H bg's role centers around the use of crimson death, applying the AoE 10s Crit debuff which benifits all allies and the BG as well, additionally BG has both great Damage and surviveablity, Crimson death has one of the highest tool tip damages in the game, you can crit a lot thanks to filled with fury and when you crit you can remove 1000-1200 hp from a target due to hastened dooms wounds debuff, from there you can slot parry and toughness tactics for survieablity and and even more tankyness with Force of fury or go full dps/caster killer with soul killer for a no cool down outgoing heal debuff, which when paired with an mdps inc heal debuff can debuff a casters healing by 75% + you reduce their healing even further by debuffing their will power and unending fury lets you ignore all detuants

all the while having all the cool tools that bg has like super punt etc

Also thanks to the devs 2H bg has access to to a reliable knockdown with a 2h so its a very strong playstyle option now

2H ib plays a completely different role than 2H bg, while 2H bg trades a sheild for more offensive power with crimson death

2H ib gets a 2h for a reliable KD, the shield kd is 10s cd but requires block, 2H kd is 20s cd but on demand, while it might seem like a small reason, IB is an other wise solid class with good survive and great buffs that makes it still an all around good tank

Haojin

Post#3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:56 am

you get NOTHING with using 2hander chosen unless you care about loldps.
you can't apply cripling strike with rending blade, so 2hander chosen is GARBAGE for group/warband.

go with black guard: better dps, better survival, better support for your group.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:10 am

"Bringing it back" means making 2H Chosen more than a 1 trick with a broken/borderline exploit ability. The class balancing will rain from the heavens when we can patch the game.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

ToXoS

Post#5 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:44 am

wargrimnir wrote:"Bringing it back" means making 2H Chosen more than a 1 trick with a broken/borderline exploit ability. The class balancing will rain from the heavens when we can patch the game.
For what it's worth (probably not much) I call that a combo made from experience and knowledge of a class.
Just like the combo KABOOM! + sticky squigz from SH. Another thing you guys took from the destro side. But keep it up please, it's quite entertaining to witness that.

Also, if that was such a broken and borderline thing, why didn't you notice it earlier?
Because it wasn't impacting the game as much as you said it was.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:53 am

ToXoS wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:"Bringing it back" means making 2H Chosen more than a 1 trick with a broken/borderline exploit ability. The class balancing will rain from the heavens when we can patch the game.
For what it's worth (probably not much) I call that a combo made from experience and knowledge of a class.
Just like the combo KABOOM! + sticky squigz from SH. Another thing you guys took from the destro side. But keep it up please, it's quite entertaining to witness that.

Also, if that was such a broken and borderline thing, why didn't you notice it earlier?
Because it wasn't impacting the game as much as you said it was.
Well, there's 24 classes in the game, each with three speclines, each of those with ~8 abilities, and 3 speccable tactics, each race with a handful of tactics, oh and a bunch of unique morales. We can't do everything all at once, we can't notice everything all at once. For a long time, some things simply weren't possible to fix, so we had to let them slide. Some things we figure out on our own by noticing weird things as we play the game. We also rely on players to provide useful feedback, and that input is what brought this and a bunch of other changes.

Or... were you not looking for a serious answer?

Haojin

Post#7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:01 am

isn't professional game developers designed that tactic/ability like that :roll: ?
nobody moaned about it on live iirc.
i hope patcher comes soon to fix GAMEBREAKING/EXPLOIT morale pump tactics of destro.

looking for the future.

anyways for the op's question:

2h bg > 2h chosen still.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:13 am

Haojin wrote:
isn't professional game developers designed that tactic/ability like that :roll: ?
I wouldn't want to speak ill of the long since relevant. Who knows which one of the thousands of employees at Mythic did it. Or who was in charge of balancing, or who might have snuck in a little special something for their pet class. We could talk about the many downfalls of Mythic Entertainment, but it's just a strawman, and answering them seriously is more than a little boring.

Ads
Haojin

Post#9 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:20 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Haojin wrote:
I wouldn't want to speak ill of the long since relevant. Who knows which one of the thousands of employees at Mythic did it. Or who was in charge of balancing, or who might have snuck in a little special something for their pet class. We could talk about the many downfalls of Mythic Entertainment, but it's just a strawman, and answering them seriously is more than a little boring.
so mystery evolved into mysery ? ok, got it.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Nefarian78

Post#10 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:40 am

I thought the answer for going 2h was pretty obvious tbh...for the looks. Yep, that's it. I've spent my time with the bois in premade WBs and Scs, i just want to hit stuff in Scs for a while and then think if i want to get back seriously into the game.

Anyway, i've read your simple yet detailed "summary" of those 2 classes, TenTonHammer, and i'm convinced that it's the Blackguard that suits my playstyle and not Chosen. Ty for quick and helpful replies.

Off Topic: @Wargrimnir, since you said that "class balancing will rain down the heavens" are there any changes planned for Black Orcs? Just a random question that i wanted to ask for a bit
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.