Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 15/7/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bozzax

Re: Patch Notes 15/7/17

Post#81 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Yep Never liked scalers (damage or morale rates)
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Collateral

Post#82 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

We know order can do the same thing and even better, we said it ourselves, but it seems they are not doing it, no? Or perhaps they are but not effectively, which brings the point back to skill and knowledge. Order can easily get the upper hand now in almost any fight. I agree that in general morales are a problem which is really difficult to balance, especially like this out of the blue.

sanii

Post#83 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Haojin wrote:
btw that "bugged" word is really triggering me. all of the tactics are working as intented, they are bugged in Azarael's fail wonderland. that scaler **** was a mistake from beginning. you can check my opinions about it if you're not lazy.
Well , considering there are morale pump's that do work under azarael's changes (SH and AM ) and morale pump's that don't (everything else) until the official stance isn't changed i will consider them bugged . This makes it also annoying that one of the best ways destruction can counter early bombs is also affected by the scaler (marauder) . Given the fact that there are so many discrepancies and inconsistencies to what works and what doesn't ( due to the limitations of the client i assume) i can orientate myself towards what is being written as rules of the server.

As far as the scaler is concerned i think that was an attempt to curb small scale abuse of quick m4s, without enough testing time to make it final and working.

And ur issues with the scaler i'm familiar with , but as you said in one of your posts , as long as people don't get used to play with more BWs , and instead bring WLs WHs and SWs en masse, people will continue blaming the thing that is easiest to blame, which a currently not working mechanic as indicated by the rules.

AM being affected by the scaler(and not bugged) makes a lot of trick's that order can throw at you way weaker and scraping the scaler might shine a light on some of the more broken m4s order has access to (m4 knight)
<Pxl> <Luewee> <Fhc> and many many more!
[Deep and Dry] - Order
[Dark Omen] - Destruction

Bozzax

Post#84 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:55 pm

One side will allways have access to a Iwinbutton morale bomb regardless how many times or how rates are changed or scaled. (Order or dest).

This by itself means orvr never can be balanced. The one with "the quickest bomb wins". Defensive morale cycles and morale draining maras are all urban myths.

The only long term solution is to control incoming morale damage per second.

Examples
1. Change morale DD to dots
2. Move from fixed damage to % of current health for diminishing returns
3. Hard cap it in code to a max morale dd per second
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Aurandilaz

Post#85 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Can anyone make a list of which morale pumps/tactics work and which are bugged?
I'm getting confused. :D

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#86 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Feedback matters, we read everything. It would be nice to get it after some days of testing, but such is life I suppose.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Reesh

Post#87 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Last few pages were golden, really.

Lets just have a quick summary, because argument you're failing cus of your s***ty composition made over and over is making me tired.

Showcase, 1st movie of phalanx with a tank I've found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ccDcpLO9M

I'm looking at morale building capability, by just standing with a shield and using HTL periodically.
M3 in less then 25seconds on a Chosen, M2 in around 10seconds, M4 in 40-45 seconds - I've mesured the time to get to M1 during a similar sized battle without the access to any pump as order - 26 seconds.

On that movie, you're making something happen only during morale dumps.
If we speak about composition, you've got always 8 tanks in a wb running with pump tactics.

In less then 10 seconds, all your tanks have M2 ready, that's 4800 unmitigable damage over 3 seconds up to 65ft, whilst order characters are still on it's way to M1. And that was speaking only about tanks.

I don't even need to say more.

I'd vote to disable all morale pump tactics for brief period of time for testing purposes, on both sides.

Panzerkasper

Post#88 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Reesh wrote:I'm looking at morale building capability, by just standing with a shield and using HTL periodically.
M3 in less then 25seconds on a Chosen, M2 in around 10seconds, M4 in 40-45 seconds - I've mesured the time to get to M1 during a similar sized battle without the access to any pump as order - 26 seconds.
HTL: Increases chance to dodge and disrupt
DFV: Anytime you block
Arguement done!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Reesh

Post#89 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Spoiler:
Panzerkasper wrote:
Reesh wrote:I'm looking at morale building capability, by just standing with a shield and using HTL periodically.
Arguement done!
I don't see a point, because that was this chosen doing.
Fail at trolling - achievment unlocked.

Panzerkasper

Post#90 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Reesh wrote:
Spoiler:
Panzerkasper wrote:
Arguement done!
I don't see a point, because that was this chosen doing.
Fail at trolling - achievment unlocked.
Boy, have you ever run into 4 SWs with Morale2 spamming Lileaths Arrow? Do this and come back with your morale dumping whine...

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen