Ads

Patch Notes 15/7/17

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dansari

Re: Patch Notes 15/7/17

Post#101 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:52 pm

ToXoS wrote:
dansari wrote:To achieve any meaningful DPS output with LA + M2 you'd also need Expert Skirmish tactic, which only procs if you're within 20ft of your target.
Absolutely not. Because it doesn't need a target and a range. You are able to cast LA with half cast time with Expert Skirmisher, there is no range restriction because it's a "self cast". Try it. Slot it and cast LA, you'll see. And the range of LA is unchanged btw.
Oh for real? Apologies then. I didn't know that. Wargrim still had a point as it's not morale damage, but that certainly does make it stronger.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Fractus

Post#102 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Long as we add/enable/improve more abilities/tactics/morales like with the previews of SH and WL under client control.
- Fundamentally improve levels of complexity rather than slowly remove things (dumb the mechanics of the game down) (changing them is not removing them)
- Then its getting more interesting/challenging, not less interesting/challenging so good with changes.

I'm assuming a lot of changes can't be made until client control, so hugely tricky spot to be in as staff.
Also add that like Hao said most of the community don't fully grasp how game balance works without exact mirrors, and you have to read through theorycraft fog.
There are 24 classes, 864 abilities, 576 tactics and 288 morale abilities that can be mixed into a team of 24, strategist's dream, true game depth where inter reliance is needed, rather than ESO 3 classes is all you need x lots, you actually benefit from having a brain here :D
Add in the mix of community knowledge skill, casual/regular/hardcore.

But with that complexity, lack of control and reading through fog, i can fully understand the staff shut down approach unless you tested and got video.

Currently in a RVR wb environment 16/24 (66%) of all classes are viable, and there are only 3 archtypes, that's damn good game balance really, thank you RoR staff for constant monitoring and tweaking/testing.

Also people need to remember its a team based PVP game, same with team sports, when your team gets beaten, you all get beaten together, and human nature is to emphasise and find things to blame to relieve the pressure of you and your teammates and captain.

Jaycub

Post#103 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
I busted that myth in the thread i linked earlier. So come up with something new...
This?
Panzerkasper wrote:Destined for Victory is most likely the chosen tactic order whines the most about, but it is actuallly not that good. If you play with Immaculate Defense wich lasts 10sec wich means you have 50sec downtime and even with two tanks running this there is still a 40sec downtime window.
it is a nice thing to save your team for a moment, give them some breathing room, but what then? Order cant do anything during this, so they can also save their breath atleast on their DDs and then start bursting again. You dont win as much as you might think.
I run a different spec atm, wich makes a bit more use of Destined for Victory
So your saying that two 10 sec get out jail free cards every 60 seconds is "Actually not that good"? What does order have even close to this? 75% damage reduction for 10 seconds is essentially a full reset and can completely make up for a huge mistake made by a destro party in positioning etc... or totally negate a good play by an order group. You can argue that champs/armor rip morales are good, but not even having the option to use defensive morales in a timely and consistent manner is terrible.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

ToXoS

Post#104 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:00 pm

dansari wrote:
ToXoS wrote:
dansari wrote:To achieve any meaningful DPS output with LA + M2 you'd also need Expert Skirmish tactic, which only procs if you're within 20ft of your target.
Absolutely not. Because it doesn't need a target and a range. You are able to cast LA with half cast time with Expert Skirmisher, there is no range restriction because it's a "self cast". Try it. Slot it and cast LA, you'll see. And the range of LA is unchanged btw.
Oh for real? Apologies then. I didn't know that. Wargrim still had a point as it's not morale damage, but that certainly does make it stronger.
Np mate!
It can be great to use it on a funnel, but it's very VERY AP hungry.
Well yeah it's not morale damage, so against targets with high avoidance (tanks,defensive engie/magus with flame turret/blue horror) it can be a pain.

Panzerkasper

Post#105 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
I busted that myth in the thread i linked earlier. So come up with something new...
This?
Panzerkasper wrote:Destined for Victory is most likely the chosen tactic order whines the most about, but it is actuallly not that good. If you play with Immaculate Defense wich lasts 10sec wich means you have 50sec downtime and even with two tanks running this there is still a 40sec downtime window.
it is a nice thing to save your team for a moment, give them some breathing room, but what then? Order cant do anything during this, so they can also save their breath atleast on their DDs and then start bursting again. You dont win as much as you might think.
I run a different spec atm, wich makes a bit more use of Destined for Victory
So your saying that two 10 sec get out jail free cards every 60 seconds is "Actually not that good"? What does order have even close to this? 75% damage reduction for 10 seconds is essentially a full reset and can completely make up for a huge mistake made by a destro party in positioning etc... or totally negate a good play by an order group. You can argue that champs/armor rip morales are good, but not even having the option to use defensive morales in a timely and consistent manner is terrible.
Read it all before you answer...

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Edennae

Post#106 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:18 pm

LoL
the offender appeared to be of bad faith :p

anarchypark

Post#107 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00 pm

some players disrespect for dev's hard work is unbearable. almost disgusting level for me.
Don't lose your heart for this project guys.
Keep up the changes.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#108 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm

anarchypark wrote:some players disrespect for dev's hard work is unbearable. almost disgusting level for me.
Don't lose your heart for this project guys.
Keep up the changes.
we already sold our souls at the entrance, havent you?

Ads
Jbz

Post#109 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Collateral wrote:Maybe our whole guild should switch realms and prove how order is no less capable of zerg busting and bombing then destro is. I really wonder what would happen then, after we destroy the destro zerg and other guilds. Like Hao said, it comes down to skill in the end. But the problem is that order just doesn't want to admit it, they simply blame the mechanics. I admit that we generally suck in smalls scale 6v6 and so on, but order players seem to have too much pride, and rather blame something else, whatever it is.
You won't. Glad to see your guild finally admitting to being bad unless having superior numbers.

anarchypark

Post#110 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:03 pm

saupreusse wrote: we already sold our souls at the entrance, havent you?
no soul no feeling? I guess that's good news. immune to such things. :lol:
mine is not rdy to sell.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)