Recent Topics

Ads

sorcerer question pvp

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zynax

sorcerer question pvp

Post#1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:52 am

i started as a sorcerer lvl 9 atm but kinda have a question about pvp.
i die like in 5 sec in pvp wen some1 targets me is this normal ?
en the main dmg is the bolt but it has 3 sec cast ... so i cant kill any1 atm cuz takes way to long
so my question is does it get beter at t2-t3-t4 ?
have no idee how they evolve in pvp later on , but atm i find it frustrating

thx in advance.

Ads
Adamtess

Re: sorcerer question pvp

Post#2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 am

It gets better for you as it gets more organized, for example tanks don't even get guard till rank 10, which will take 30% off the top for you. Then they'll have punts, healers will take better care of you because they have time to heal you. Right now you die to fast for a healer to react, especially a pug, but it gets better.

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:26 am

it gets better when you get more skills, more renown, better gear and learn better positioning after you gain experience how not to die :)

t4 sorcs are pretty awesome

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 am

Zynax wrote:i started as a sorcerer lvl 9 atm but kinda have a question about pvp.
i die like in 5 sec in pvp wen some1 targets me is this normal ?
en the main dmg is the bolt but it has 3 sec cast ... so i cant kill any1 atm cuz takes way to long
so my question is does it get beter at t2-t3-t4 ?
have no idee how they evolve in pvp later on , but atm i find it frustrating

thx in advance.
If you feel that you have survive issues

You can spec absorb vitality down the line but it will stop you from being able to use the single target pug killer spec

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sor ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

Sorcs dps dosnt come from doom bolt, it's more about making all your abilites hit in the same time stamp, Infactater on down the line double tick gloom and impending doom has much more value tbt

These other guys talk about guard and stuff but I've still seen sorcs killed through it

At the end of the day it's all about positioning, kiting and game sense, when to stop cast and run away which you will only gain as you play more.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#5 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Pretty Hard to spec like that with Level 9 :)
Sorc is very squishy and dmg herself via Mechanik. You need heal and or guard. Soloing sorc is very Hard and in t1 you are feed for nearly every other toon
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Unless your rolling in a premade your probably not going to get guard and heal in a pug sc; that's just the reality of the situation, the tanks that DO guard prioritize mdps while trying to deal with the 5 healers on order and the one healer on your team that's specd dps will be more intrested in healing themselves and then maybe the tanks over you.

That's just the reality of the situation and what I've experienced playing pug sorc

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#7 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Well dont play pug scs As sorc without a friend :)
And Hes still talking about Level 9 He has no skill points nö tactic nothing... And He ask issit normal to die that fast As a lev 9 sorc. Yes it is
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Penril

Post#8 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Unless your rolling in a premade your probably not going to get guard and heal in a pug sc;c
That's not true. If you are decent enough and kill a lot of enemies, allies start noticing even in pug SCs and you will also notice how some tanks start guarding you, healers do their best to keep you alive, and so and so.

Just think about what you do if you see a good sorc in the pug SC, like Xiuxiu, Gogokaboom, etc. I definitely try to guard/heal good players.

Then again, if you are bad, no one will guard/heal you :P

Ads
Zynax

Post#9 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Thx for the info! Good to know it gets beter . Just dont wanne get to max lvl and then be disapointed . Will keep lvling and see how it turns out :)

Penril

Post#10 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Get to max level. Do pug SCs if you want, just don't forget to spec Cleansing Wind and use double healing potions. Also jump in front of healers when your health goes low (don't keep dpsing or you might explode :) ). Use the pug-killer spec and kill as many pugs as possible. Learn how to assist: always assist a SH if you have one in the SC (because they have a ranged heal debuff). If you see a good sorc assist them instead. It doesn't hurt to use defensive gear/talismans; your mechanic lets you do more than enough damage. Learn to use your disarm and silence, both offensively and defensively.