Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 4/8/2017

Post#31 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:36 pm

xoxo ~

Ads
cinciguy926

Post#32 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:35 am

I really find those who are praising the elimination of AB EX very suspect, and it makes me wonder if they have even played an AM regularly enough to be considered credible. I think if you were to take a poll amongst AMs who play regularly whether they thought AM were better or worse before AB Ex you will find an overwhelming number of them complaining about this new elimination. I gather from wargrminirs replies that perhaps there are some glitches/kinks to sort out with AMs after the newest patch, but I would like to address my concerns as someone who is largely affected by this.

Firstly, I would like to point out that there a lot of ignorant people who whine about shamans to devs, and how " unfair " their lifetaps were, and didn't even think about how their complaints could potentially impact their fellow order players ( AMs) until now.

The problem has always been the racial tactics that shamans have--which have incidentally paired really well with AB EX. The racial tactics " run away!" would allow a shaman to practically out run entire warbands because in addition to their tactics they also have " flee ", and then they could proceed to cast Resolute Defense, pop an AP potsd cast snare, and then if they needed to they could kite using " I'll take that " if their health was really low.

People who play AM know that it's always been a squishier class with not a lot of burst healing potential in desperate circumstances. So, you can imagine how all of us felt when AMs finally got a boost, and leveled the playing field with AB EX. I find myself in a predicament with the loss of AB EX.. If I stack willpower I will lose 100's of gold in purchasing the best armor talismans, and I will be squishy and ineffective. The loss of the " total stat bonus " converting to willpower/intel have really impacted a lot of people who stacked armor/toughness or some other combination. We just feel less effective and more squishy that's all I'm saying.

Believe it or not the AM fan community is rather small.. I personally know several North American AM's who play regularly , and they aren't happy with this new patch. We just feel that other healer classes have better survivability and we're just asking for you guys to reconsider the elements in AB EX more carefully , and how they impact the diehard AM players..

Sincerely,
Nimeria

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:22 am

The issues that persisted with the ab ex implementation are largely based around the segmentation of the classes. To a very large degree, the ab ex implementation worked as we desired, but translating that over to all the base aspects of the game is significantly different to how any of the standard classes are implemented. Ab ex in general is dead, we don't plan on using the split system in the future, and we had a Dev dig into the code to start separating it. This may take a couple code passes to complete to a degree that most of the work can be handled how any other class is handled, which makes things far easier on the technical side to manipulate.

This is a painful transition state, we're quite aware of that and anticipated as such. Some things will change, that we've been wanting to change for a while, but we were unable to do so with the ab ex implementation because of how convoluted and code dependent ab ex really is. Whether the changes we make are favorable to hardcore AM/Sham mains will certainly be of debate, but the class in general under the ab ex state needed to be knocked down a peg, similar to how the base state needed a bit of a boost. We will find the middle ground and hopefully end up in a more stable and balanced position in the near future.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

freshour
Banned

Post#34 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 am

Hmmm so DoK healing is out, Shaman is out of comish until it gets fixed (i wish you guys the best in this endeavor, from what you've said it sounds freaking complicated). So does that just leave Zealot left as the primary healer for destro? Or can shaman still do anything decent? 300-600 life taps... that's like melee dok healing lol. But maybe it'll give shamans a taste of what it is like healing on a dok for a bit :P

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#35 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:53 am

Dok healing is on the table, not out. Thanks for playing the forum troll.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Arteker616

Post#36 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 am

cinciguy926 wrote:I really find those who are praising the elimination of AB EX very suspect, and it makes me wonder if they have even played an AM regularly enough to be considered credible. I think if you were to take a poll amongst AMs who play regularly whether they thought AM were better or worse before AB Ex you will find an overwhelming number of them complaining about this new elimination. I gather from wargrminirs replies that perhaps there are some glitches/kinks to sort out with AMs after the newest patch, but I would like to address my concerns as someone who is largely affected by this.

Firstly, I would like to point out that there a lot of ignorant people who whine about shamans to devs, and how " unfair " their lifetaps were, and didn't even think about how their complaints could potentially impact their fellow order players ( AMs) until now.

The problem has always been the racial tactics that shamans have--which have incidentally paired really well with AB EX. The racial tactics " run away!" would allow a shaman to practically out run entire warbands because in addition to their tactics they also have " flee ", and then they could proceed to cast Resolute Defense, pop an AP potsd cast snare, and then if they needed to they could kite using " I'll take that " if their health was really low.

People who play AM know that it's always been a squishier class with not a lot of burst healing potential in desperate circumstances. So, you can imagine how all of us felt when AMs finally got a boost, and leveled the playing field with AB EX. I find myself in a predicament with the loss of AB EX.. If I stack willpower I will lose 100's of gold in purchasing the best armor talismans, and I will be squishy and ineffective. The loss of the " total stat bonus " converting to willpower/intel have really impacted a lot of people who stacked armor/toughness or some other combination. We just feel less effective and more squishy that's all I'm saying.

Believe it or not the AM fan community is rather small.. I personally know several North American AM's who play regularly , and they aren't happy with this new patch. We just feel that other healer classes have better survivability and we're just asking for you guys to reconsider the elements in AB EX more carefully , and how they impact the diehard AM players..

Sincerely,
Nimeria
neither had shaman burst heal.infact only thing will save em abit is the fact shatter confidece was removed. and please stop playing the gobo racial card , order has plenty of ways to deal with gobos. and order has dwarf racials aswell wich are not a joke either,and lets not forget am morale pump was never touched , gobo one was nerfed.

in a honest way n the removal of the ab ex gonna be a hugue blow akin to the dok wp nerfs . u just need to do a chek in lower tier to see a horde of rps and zealots on the move to reach t4 .
i do agree with you the moans and crying and forum warriors in both sides are turning balance the game to damm similar to wow, with enrf this and boost this each xx time.

people start to have no idea what to play because the fear to their class geting nuked .

freshour
Banned

Post#37 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:39 am

Arteker616 wrote: people start to have no idea what to play because the fear to their class geting nuked .

My comrade, I could not have said it any better myself. My only 40's on destro DoK/Shaman which is kinda why I've been fartin around on other games and trying to stay busy just because I never want to not enjoy playing this game since I have so many good memories here. But I very well may be the only one that feels this way.

But I do know that if DoK is ever tuned back to the "on" position. I'll be on everyday as usual :D