Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Noob Mara Questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Drunkstains

[Marauder] Noob Mara Questions

Post#1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:24 am

So finally settling in on Marauder for my class. Im just hoping to get some advice from the community. Im interested in 1v1 / 1vX / Small Group v Group roaming type fights. Not really interested in keep zerg fights or anything warband related, just not worried about it.

With that in mind, heres some questions for you guys.

1) What spec would you recommend?

2) What stats in talismans and gear would you focus on?

3) What renown traits would you be going for?

4) Any general playstyle tips? Whats a general rotation/what skills should I focus on? With all the different moves with the three stances I gotta admit Im not sure what to use....mostly just been keeping toughness debuff on then go to town.

5) If anyone would like to share their keybinding setup I would appreciate that, it just helps me to adapt to my own and just helps see whats important to the class. Right now im kinda getting rekt in scenarios but...only level 9 so far.

Thanks all!

Ads
Toldavf

Re: [Marauder] Noob Mara Questions

Post#2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:34 am

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... ;;0:0:0:0: Is the mandatory stuff. You may pick up deadly clutch if you like.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:43 am

Told covered the spec

I like to go for str tallies

The renown spec that you NEED is futile strikes level 3 to cover for maras very high base chance to be crit

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#4 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:27 am

TenTonHammer wrote:Told covered the spec

The renown spec that you NEED is futile strikes level 3 to cover for maras very high base chance to be crit
Whats the point of using 3x fs when the base ini on Mara is really low? 1 sm ini debuff on him and his chance to be crit will go sky high. Even if he went full fs with 170 ini, his chance to be crit will still reach around 30-40÷ with the fof + ini debuff.

I would spec 1 rd and full parry atleast imo. Rest is up to you.

Toldavf

Post#5 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Stickzy wrote:

Whats the point of using 3x fs when the base ini on Mara is really low? 1 sm ini debuff on him and his chance to be crit will go sky high. Even if he went full fs with 170 ini, his chance to be crit will still reach around 30-40÷ with the fof + ini debuff.

Im throwing balls to the walls atm 2 CW and max crit once i hit 65.

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Stickzy wrote:

If you want to dissmiss any "attempts" to save your self from being nuked by order becuase you run a base 20%+ chance to be crit that's on you

Yeah SM stats iniative debuff is a thing but it's 1 of 7 stats it can debuff

Additionally, atleast 70% of the order SM players run the resisits debuff dance insted for to make their targets have 0 spirit resists

So I'm feeling lucky and will take those odds

Toldavf

Post#7 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Play style and rotation wise i suppose all the regular things that apply to melee. Hold on to your break root and your charge, these will server you better as a get out of dodge tool rather than as a gap closer. Don't disrespect any rdps especially when pugging their damage can come out of nowhere and don't feel like you have to try hard when you are clearly out gunned. Obviously look for squishes but don't over extend to get them you will kill nothing if you are dead.

Positioning is important you always do more damage from the back and sides even without slotting flanking.

Rotation wise I run TB>CC>TC>DEB>DS>GR then its dependent on targets hp at any point during the rotation if the target drops below 30% and is unguarded switch brute and hit Pulverise and Guillotine in that order. Your filler abilities are 1 rend and Impale. its also worth noting that touch of instability is worth using not so much for the damage but for the additional push back on tougher healers.

Obviously these are only guidelines and not a strict code. Experience is the best teacher.

Haojin

Post#8 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am

go like this if you catch a healer 1v1:

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... :5194:5204:
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Stickzy wrote:

Resolute Defense is awesome, but parry is questionable. Good against melee trains or 1v1ing slayers and witch hunters, but against rdps, does nothing. So depends on what you fight against or play with most often. Parry is good if fighting against them leet order melee trains (do any still exist? All seem to be shadow warrior/bright wizard comps with occasional slayer or white lion for flavor) but if in orvr or against rdps heavy comp, would not recommend.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

SardonicWrath

Post#10 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 pm

With the builds you guys linked above, any more info on tali and renown distribution?