Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Scrilian

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#331 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 pm

You mean that's not related to the actions of another glorious leader? :mrgreen:
As a side effect can't spawn any siege weaponry in the keeps on both sides of the realm.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
navis

Post#332 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Haojin wrote:We will start real testing after 10 september, wish to see more order to show up, really not fan of playing order :>
My sentiments exactly. It's my understanding that the system will open more pairing at once so while I think right now just best to wait.

We are see a lot of negative population based effects, which when all players focused in one zone I think it shows more clearly some areas which could be improved.
Like population control stuff - open more zones or pairing, restrictions to x-realm, rewards like AAO for underdog, rewards like extra Siege for underdog, or other options.
Haojin wrote:Or make comeback even easier to see some interesting situations in a small period of time.
Options for underdog in the form of siege things, which can allow smaller group of players defend their keep (for example). Much like we used to. Perhaps consider tweaking the way Flags and Resources help players continue to play when population is low. I have barely noticed ANY effect when defending keeps such as scaling NPC and Lord effectiveness, door restoration etc. Actually when you are outnumbered like that there is no way your realm can run Resources and try to mount a defence.
Haojin wrote: I'd prefer a zone lock after keep take OR small amount of time bo hunting tbh. And also biggest thing caters zerging atm is: postern usage.

Posterns sholdnt be avaliable if underdog got %x aao no matter how many stars they have. Also keep lord buff is necessary - not like 1 shotter keep lord in the past - depends the aao aswell, my 2cents.
As a option to add dynamic to the Campaign, for allowance of a "insta-lock" if all BO are held when the Keep Lord falls?

thx

Kordie

Post#333 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am

For most players the time post keep take is about fighting before the lock. Having that drag out for 50 mins, when most times the defending side wants the lock also, is just frustrating. If you only have a few hours to play and gear is tied to flips you don't want that dragging out. Sure cool epic PVP is why most of play but gear is nice to get to improve your toon.

anarchypark

Post#334 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:11 am

Kordie wrote:If you only have a few hours to play and gear is tied to flips you don't want that dragging out.
you won't have gold bag with small play time anyway. don't focus on lock. you're competing with full time players.
aim conq kill quests. and kill drops.
every fights are small steps to conq. post keep is also part of it.
lock really doesn't matter for casual players to get gold bag.
for me, post-keep fight is same as pre-keep fight at next zone.

mostly high contributors want fast lock. fresh ones want more time to increase it.
you can't make others stop playing their games.
just enjoy with them.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Kordie

Post#335 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Kordie wrote:For most players the time post keep take is about fighting before the lock. Having that drag out for 50 mins, when most times the defending side wants the lock also, is just frustrating. If you only have a few hours to play and gear is tied to flips you don't want that dragging out. Sure cool epic PVP is why most of play but gear is nice to get to improve your toon.
If the defending side want the lock why are they taking BOs back?
Because they like to fight or they like purple numbers or they want increased contribution in a loser flip or because its next to the WC? And yes some ppl may want to flip the zone back but you can usually tell when its WC ping pong that they just want the pain to be over.

Buran

Post#336 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Collateral wrote:The fact is, they don't know **** about anything, why? Because they refuse to try. And that's what pisses me off (if it's not obvious). CNTK has a lot of players, and are usually able to field 24 people, same goes for Invasion. And that's great. But what isn't that great, is that when you tell them to try a different build, they just say 'we play with what we have'. This goes for pretty much all of order (accept 6 mans who optimize their builds). Jesus christ then stop crying how destro is op if we build in optimal setups. And because of this, devs have to nerf destro classes that are actually under performing. If order did the same optimal setup, with same amount of player skill, I dare to say destro would lose any day, order is simply that op. But no one knows this because no one ever tried. Order needs to learn some basic tactics as well, like not punting and staggering as soon as fronts meet (thus giving immunity to everyone), interrupting morales and so on. I'm tired of looking at all these guilds struggling mad blobbing up when they shouldn't be. I'm not saying you have to be competitive or hardcore. You really don't, order classes are so good they allow for mistakes to be made.

That's why I agree with TUP guys here. The devs are forced to help out the overdog side for some reason. But hmmm what could that reason be? Destro guilds blocking zone locks maybe? We did this a number of times as well, once when the zone was on 98% and we had 80 aao. But if order played properly, this would simply never happen, there I said it. As far as I remember, since my time here on the server (almost 2 years) order never achieved this. We will test this when we come back, so be ready.

Also what Hao said, we really don't want to play order, as we are originally a destro guild and love our characters, and we do have realm pride.
Good speach. But i have some things to say.
1. The theme of balance in this game is hollywar theme. IMHO I know some things how the well skilled destro WB can 24x24 kill well skilled order WB.
2. Order lost many well and good skilled WB leaders, more than destro.
3. Destruction always writes about the taktiks reason, if we want to build the strategy we need zerg!!! We need to coordinate 2,3,4,5 and more WBs of order. Yes we did it. It is possible with different languadge and lags to make a decision. It is it requires other skills than solo game or the leading of one warband, but from the outside it's not obvious.
4. I see the speach is about zerg with 2 problems:
- players used in other games to play solo and pq want to convince the other players with all their might that playing in the zerg is bad, because otherwise they will have no one to kill, but they either do not want to or do not know how to play in a large team. And they try to convince the admins and players to play like in any Korean MMO with the entourage of the Warhammer.
- the next problem - some people do not want from community feel like a corporation and start defending corporate interests. divide et impera. Only business and nothing personal!!!

According to the dialectical law of negating the zerg, there is a way of denying the victories of destruction. The more destruction will be won, the more often the order will be organized in the zerg. It does not depend from me or from anyone whatsoever. But the more often the order is won, the less it will be interesting for him to run around with the zerg. To new victories of destruction or new lock of empty zones, as it is not interesting.

Scrilian

Post#337 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:13 am

I wound't even bother replying to him, Luchs, no point.
I've yet to see the guy make an actual good point about pretty much anything outside the black orc builds subforum, with the usual post revolving around "op order only zerg gimp destro" and not the other way around, like a real #pray4destro meme come to life :mrgreen:
Retired

Collateral

Post#338 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:46 am

Ah the salt, it feeds me, keep going, oh great ex 'rvr leader'. Seems like you don't even read my posts, so stop lying.

#pray4ScriliantheexRvRleader

Ads
Scrilian

Post#339 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:57 am

Collateral wrote:Ah the salt, it feeds me, keep going, oh great ex 'rvr leader'. Seems like you don't even read my posts, so stop lying.

#pray4ScriliantheexRvRleader
On the countrary, I was right on the point with my remark and this much damage control shows it :mrgreen:
Retired

Haojin

Post#340 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 am

24v24 bruh?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn