Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] AP usages?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
KikkL
Banned

[Zealot] AP usages?

Post#1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Wow. Ive tried a lot of classes in the game.
Decided to try Zealot. The AP requirements for abilities is insane!
Most skills using atleast 35 up to 45Ap,65ap!

If you mix it up and use 'dps abilities' and also heal, your AP is basically gone all the time, not to mention AM ap drain ability on you. Most classes have some kind of AP regen ability in the class, tanks, casters, other healers, ect.
There is one ability in the tree line that rejuvenates AP based on hits..

Why is the AP usages so steep on the zealot, are the abilities themselves extra powerful than other classes?
You use 3/4 abilities in succession and your basically tapped and have to wait or just stall your using of abilities so your not constantly out. Just seems really punishing. Is the general required play a little more subtle and less button pushing?

Also. My mark ability(granted abilities) seems to be bugged. Whenever i recast it on myself in RVR/SC sometimes it says ability not ready yet. And will only work when i re-enter the rvr lake or a different sc

Ads
Dabbart

Re: [Zealot] AP usages?

Post#2 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Wait half a second between casts to regen AP, that helps a lot. Slot Restorative Burst tactic(standard tactic that EVERY healer has...), Don't EVER use Dark Medicine. 65ap is the cost of grp heals for all healers(obv WP/DoK use mechanic, but it still costs 60). And lastly, your Flash heal only costs 15ap. That is your kiting heal, and unless you're AP drained, you should always be able to cast it.

Just pick what you are casting more efficiently. Just because you have an "open" GcD doesn't mean you should use it. If all your allies are at fullish health and HoT'd, then just sit for a moment and regain AP preparing.

I've played every healer in the game, Z/RP AP usage is one of the easiest to manage I found...

Edit: also, get more Disrupt or CW if you are being AP drained to death. AP drain costs 50ap, if you can disrupt/CW you just **** that AM/sham for a few seconds.
Last edited by Dabbart on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Penril

Post#3 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:07 pm

I agree that DPS Zealot has AP issues, and would be willing to move a proposal if anyone decides to make one.

KikkL
Banned

Post#4 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Dabbart wrote:Wait half a second between casts to regen AP, that helps a lot. Slot Restorative Burst tactic(standard tactic that EVERY healer has...), Don't EVER use Dark Medicine. 65ap is the cost of grp heals for all healers(obv WP/DoK use mechanic, but it still costs 60). And lastly, your Flash heal only costs 15ap. That is your kiting heal, and unless you're AP drained, you should always be able to cast it.

I've played every healer in the game, Z/RP AP usage is one of the easiest to manage I found...
Dark medicine? You mean the path dark rites? Im not making a traditional Zealot :? (gonna use darkrites)
But yes im finding to wait, cast, wait, cast is best approach. You have to play more chill than other classes or you will get stuck in no AP zone waiting for it to come back. I do like the abilities, i think their great!
Hadnt even considered using restorative burst. I like to use the aoe heal(leaping alteration), and dot heals. And i am not constantly direct healing so probably wont use it, barely use flash heal unless as an addon to a dot heal or to save someone with 10hp.
And am looking forward to the group heal. So we have very different approaches.
Penril wrote:I agree that DPS Zealot has AP issues, and would be willing to move a proposal if anyone decides to make one.
Ok. Am new to class, so could just be some adjusting and getting the hang of it(more abilities). But will provide some thoughts once I get a little more experience with it 8-)

Thelen

Post#5 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 pm

KikkL wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Wait half a second between casts to regen AP, that helps a lot. Slot Restorative Burst tactic(standard tactic that EVERY healer has...), Don't EVER use Dark Medicine. 65ap is the cost of grp heals for all healers(obv WP/DoK use mechanic, but it still costs 60). And lastly, your Flash heal only costs 15ap. That is your kiting heal, and unless you're AP drained, you should always be able to cast it.

Dark medicine? You mean the path dark rites? Im not making a traditional Zealot :? (gonna use darkrites)
But yes im finding to wait, cast, wait, cast is best approach. You have to play more chill than other classes or you will get stuck in no AP zone waiting for it to come back. I do like the abilities, i think their great!
Hadnt even considered using restorative burst. I like to use the aoe heal(leaping alteration), and dot heals. And i am not constantly direct healing so probably wont use it, barely use flash heal unless as an addon to a dot heal or to save someone with 10hp.
Penril wrote:I agree that DPS Zealot has AP issues, and would be willing to move a proposal if anyone decides to make one.
Ok. Am new to class, so could just be some adjusting and getting the hang of it(more abilities). But will provide some thoughts once I get a little more experience with it 8-)
You can spec full dark rites and Dark Medicine will still be a waste of a GCD. It just costs waaay too much for the heal it provides. I dropped it from my bar and haven't used it since like level 10. Group heal can proc Restorative Burst, and you'll be using group heal constantly (thus will have the proc up all the time). You should reconsider using the Flash heal because it is an amazing ability (zealot bread and butter), especially once you start facing DPS and Tanks who know what they are doing and make you kite.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Spoiler:
KikkL wrote:
No. I mean the Ability called Dark medicine. It is worthless. As stated above. It is literally a wasted GcD/CT/AP. Every healer has one of these, and all but WP/DoK can use them on the move, so it's not as bad as going AFK, but it's close. Use your Flash heal more. It is your best ST heal, as Elixer can get set-back super easily, costs 45ap, you don't regen AP during the 2s cast, and requires you to be stationary. Utilize Elixer if you drop your focused mind.

Try altering what you are doing if you find it doesn't work. It's amazing how you can actually learn something new by not just picking a strategy and sticking to it regardless of any outcome... Also, I didn't realize you weren't even lvl 20 yet. Currently, you will have little to zero understanding of how the class actually plays at endgame. You just don't have the abilities/mastery points yet. Play the class however you want. But if you insist on not playing "traditionally" then that means you are subpar. Tradition is used for a reason, cause it is highly effective. Zealots have 2 tactics that are considered pretty close to mandatory that proc on direct heal. Tzeentch's Grip(dark rites 13pt tactic, procs absorp bubble ) and By Tzeentch's Will(Standard tactic, procs morale boost. M2/M3 on CD is awesome to have). Also, Blessings of Chaos(proc 25% heal increase) which procs on a crit heal.

For the record, this was my healing spec: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=zea ... 4:;0:0:0:0:
Swap your Ritual between innervation and Lunacy based on the grp you're in. If a melee train, Innervation, otherwise grab lunacy. It's a 30s 100ft radius grp HoT, really not bad...

Again though, play however you want.

Edit: If you find you want to swap DPS/heal on the fly, http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=zea ... 0:;0:0:0:0: isn't a bad spec. But honestly, you need to choose. DPS or heal. Either way, you can swap for minimal assistance the other way, but you will never be able to actually accomplish both in the same spec.
This was my DPS spec: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=zea ... 6:;0:0:0:0: You got enough crit from tactic/gear that you could stack RR defensively into CW or avoidance or go ballsy to cap Int...

Gl to you.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wwright72

Post#7 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:15 am

I agree, Without access to Ritual of Intervention DPSzealot will run out of AP consistently.
Build Ex:waronlinebuilder.org - Zealot build
I think the simplest solution would be to slightly reduce the AP costs of the main resource hogging culprits being(in my opinion); Demon Spittle, Rite of Agony, and Tzeentch's Cry. Theres also more creative options, like allowing Warp Reality ticks to generate small amounts of AP while the Scourged Warping Tactic is slotted.

As for healing, you'll pretty much instantly go out of AP unless you run Restorative Burst+Stacking crit(25%+)
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Zealots have the absolute best AP regen tool in the game aswell as 2 tactics to regen AP. They don't need any AP help what so ever.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Zealots have the absolute best AP regen tool in the game aswell as 2 tactics to regen AP. They don't need any AP help what so ever.
They do? Could you explain what it is?

I have more AP on my zealot than I can spend but I probably use different sources than what you have in mind.
Dying is no option.

Penril

Post#10 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Sulorie wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Zealots have the absolute best AP regen tool in the game aswell as 2 tactics to regen AP. They don't need any AP help what so ever.
They do? Could you explain what it is?

I have more AP on my zealot than I can spend but I probably use different sources than what you have in mind.
I am sure you do :) . Also, i think he is talking about heal Zealot (which don't have AP issues). DPS Zealot though, at least for me, seem to have AP issues. Need veteran DPS zealots to confirm/deny (with evidence).