Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xissc

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#71 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:53 pm

I've been eager to try the BG with the new changes from live. I like playing a SnB tanky type so I was thinking of this for my build

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-gu ... 27,890,899

Thoughts or advice based on what is here?

Ads
Tesq

Post#72 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:34 am

@godless, i suggest you for rvr 2h to grab both speed proc one and avoidance from epic quests.

Because the speed proc from epic quest 2h proc easier and it wont break on skill use which is retarded better than renown one( unless you are lucky enough to get that god looking as appereance that is the subjugator for bg).
The swap speed proc for avoidance proc 2h in keep siege. Basically go as described for tactics + may use also malekit bulwark. Loss of FoF mean get 1 mastery more so is faster get high mastery stuff still even at minimun the full build for rvr is rr 70(even without force of fury).

Sybreal

Post#73 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 pm

megadeath wrote:What I'm currently using. 102% disrupt with Hold the Line! up. Toughness soft cap.
you will need RR40 with 4/5 Annihilator or Ruin tho.

Rotation:
Brutal Smash and Feeding on Weakness for the buffs. Hateful Strike for Toughness tactic to kick in.
Furious Howl against tanks to reduce their avoidance. Pretty useful against everyone tho.
Crush the Weak against dps to reduce their crit chance by about a half.
Horrific Wound and Pitiless strike against targets attacked by destro melees. Usually apply those on targets of the person you are guarding.
Also always apply Crippling Anger. Order always try to run away.
If I'm leveling up in RvR using this build, should I go straight for the healing skill, or go up the middle path first to get the toughness tactic first? Is there a particular order, or is it just playstyle preference?

Wdova

Post#74 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 am

Currently at lvl 40/rr40 I am using 2H off tank build. Tactics 120 wounds debuff, 15% crit , 160 toughnes, 3% parry per 10 hatered(30% parry max). Mix of ruin/merc gear with some armor and strenght talismans.
Using 10%evade/parry/disrubt 2H epic weapon and armor+init ring set. With 53% parry(before weapon proc), 4.7k armor(potted) and around 600 toughnes(with pot) I am tanky enough even when focusing heavily in malice tree while doing some medicore assist dmg. Funny part of this build is I can switch to lol DPS with anti detaunt tactic and focused offence anytime when there are lot of tanks around. I thoght I would burn like paper with FO, but even with 33% debuff I am siting on 75% dmg reduction from armor. I havent tried that so often, but I must say this full DPS mode is hell lot of fun and squishies flee in terror when I start criting them over 1k after they apply detaunt :D

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-gu ... 11,897,916
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Marsares

Post#75 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:43 am

Wdova wrote:Currently at lvl 40/rr40 I am using 2H off tank build. Tactics 120 wounds debuff, 15% crit , 160 toughnes, 3% parry per 10 hatered(30% parry max). Mix of ruin/merc gear with some armor and strenght talismans.
Using 10%evade/parry/disrubt 2H epic weapon and armor+init ring set. With 53% parry(before weapon proc), 4.7k armor(potted) and around 600 toughnes(with pot) I am tanky enough even when focusing heavily in malice tree while doing some medicore assist dmg. Funny part of this build is I can switch to lol DPS with anti detaunt tactic and focused offence anytime when there are lot of tanks around. I thoght I would burn like paper with FO, but even with 33% debuff I am siting on 75% dmg reduction from armor. I havent tried that so often, but I must say this full DPS mode is hell lot of fun and squishies flee in terror when I start criting them over 1k after they apply detaunt :D
What talisman are you using - Strength? How much Str do you have in total?
How about Renown Points - +Parry% and what else? Disrupt/Dodge?
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#76 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 pm

He said strength and armor talis. I imagine he is about 470 strength unbuffed and 550 buffed. Thats where merc/ruin and epic weapon leaves you IIRC. Same for toughness I imagine as well.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Wdova

Post#77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Marsares wrote:
Wdova wrote:Currently at lvl 40/rr40 I am using 2H off tank build. Tactics 120 wounds debuff, 15% crit , 160 toughnes, 3% parry per 10 hatered(30% parry max). Mix of ruin/merc gear with some armor and strenght talismans.
What talisman are you using - Strength? How much Str do you have in total?
How about Renown Points - +Parry% and what else? Disrupt/Dodge?
20 renown points in parry, 20 renown points in dodge/disrubt. Future renowns will go to futility strike(crit chance reduction). I am not currently at home, but my stats are like Marsares written. Around 450 strenght unbuffed 530-550 buffed(not sure). I am trying to collect beastlord (5 piece) and dominator 4 piece, which will gives better stats and more rezists.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Jaycub

Post#78 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:10 pm

RR abilities aren't created equally

For defense nothing can touch Parry/dodge+disrupt and flat crit reduction.

Crit is king for classes that have access to crit multiplier mechanics looking for offense.

And Cleansing winds 2 RD 2 are only available via RR pts so if you need them you have to get them here. RD is amazing in organized play, and CW will save your ass all the time.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#79 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Banish Weakness is kinda like ghetto Cleansing Winds though I suppose. Only 1 min cd but need morale 1 up (pretty quick though) but you forgo Champs Challenge and Demo Strike, both of which are pretty good.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Jaycub

Post#80 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:24 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Banish Weakness is kinda like ghetto Cleansing Winds though I suppose. Only 1 min cd but need morale 1 up (pretty quick though) but you forgo Champs Challenge and Demo Strike, both of which are pretty good.
It's an incredible boon to 2h BG, it allows you to play completely differently while it is up or almost ready (much more aggressive).

Demo strike is still strong, but destro has the advantage of Zealot having claw, which any good zealot is going to use all the time when needed and it's just a better version of demo strike.

CC is kinda a dangerous and really situational morale to use now in the age of ranged, I would only use it in 6v6/organized fights where you have strats specifically built around using it to lock someone down.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>