Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Acidic

Re: 30/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#91 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:01 am

roadkillrobin wrote:Removing bombing then any kind of group skills would be completly obsolete. All that would mather would be numbers. Pugs or experienced players wouldn't mather at all, just numbers.
Group skill should not be affected, rather the other way around. 1-2-3 bomb is not what I consider skill.
Focused targets, target choice, burst timing(not only moral burst) and positioning is normally closer to skill ,none of which is directly bomb related.
Note: when I use term bomb here I specifically am referring to moral dumping in a coordinated manner.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#92 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 am

@Acidic Morale dumping and bombing are two different terms that are being used. So Im guessing you mixed em up

I agree with the removal of instant dmg morales.

Collateral

Post#93 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:05 am

Why do you think morale bombing (and bombing in general) requires no skill? How many guilds are there that do this effectively? It if required absolutely no skill, rvr would be filled with organized guild warbands, but it's not really. Have you ever played in a 24 man organized guild warband? Positioning, targets, and burst has everything to do with bombing. I wonder how many times you faced 2-3 times your numbers in an open battle (not talking about funnels). I can tell you it requires maximum concentration of every single member, and especially the leader.

Putting all instant morale damage on m4s is one way to increase ttk and burst potential in general. The only time you would really reach those abilities would be keeps, where coordinating morales would be key to winning. That would in turn mean you will be rotating defensive morales, or some other types of morales, if devs do something like that, in open battles.

But again, if you do this, with the current aoe cap system, it would be even harder to kill bigger numbers imo. You could perhaps last longer, but you will lack a lot of burst. It can potentially lead to big slogs where no one can kill anything if both sides just keep rotating defensive morales. And bigger numbers would still be on top.

Edit: there are certain classes that are indeed one-button-mashers and are very broken. But it is on devs to change the classes and tune them so they still require some 'skill', as you say, to be played effectively. This is not an easy task mind you.
Last edited by Collateral on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scrilian

Post#94 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 am

To be honest, it doesn't matter what pugs consider to be "skill" these days.

Nothing comes close to an actual raid, aka premade rvr warband play, in terms of pretty much everything: from gear requirements, tactics and groups synergies, actual logistics and planning, to following commands and each player working to their best with other 23~ players as well oiled cog in a machine, especially when two such wbs collide. You can't argue about that.

There are other games on the market, in which you "work" 10min for a single kill, mindlessly mashing you boring-ass single target pve rotation until the cooldowns are up and the enemy is somewhat CC'able to score a "skillful" kill.
Or you can score about 150 kills with your ~20-30men in less than one minute here and I wouldn't necessary call it much less "skillful".

Sure there's aoe involved, since it's the best thing to deal with much greater numbers, and it might be more than you would like.
But you aren't obliged to use any of the things involved to achieve this, like moving as a constant, well coordinated, hotted-HTL'ed aoe-deathball with morals being your OH-SHI button, with both damage and defensive ones being fine in my opinion.

You can go for much lesser results, set the plank a bit lower for yourself. The game is completely pug-friendly, you can get the best gear roaming as a kill-stealing/BO capping 6men. Or even don't participate in rvr and can play scs only, where there's no such thing as bombing.
But lets not kid ourselves, we all know what's THE actual "skillful" play here.
Acidic wrote:Focused targets, target choice, burst timing(not only moral burst) and positioning is normally closer to skill, none of which is directly bomb related
Spoken like someone who'd never actually played in a non-sh*t tier warband with voice-coms.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#95 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:33 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
Im talking about the blanket nerf made by Mythic in 2008 or 2007.
And im talking about AoE hits/timestamps and not AoE caps. I understand that increased hitcaps would just increase blob damage.

Sorry for misunderstanding you then, still though that wording was perhaps not the best choice.

footpatrol2

Post#96 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:12 pm

I don't think morale bombing is bad. I think it is the defining thing that player's need to focus around to think on how to counter in t4 especially in warband organized play vs warband organized play. Player's should have always valued morale gain rates and drains, which would have led player's to the same conclusions I had back in 2009. Dirty slow morale gain rates is a **** punch to guild organized play. It really destroys the amount of viable group comps. This is because some classes don't have morale pumps and depend on natural morale gain rates to be competitive.

Example:
Spoiler:
4 vengeance IB's with Axe Slam and 2 Any spec RP's. If you super cared about morale gain rates you'd attempt to get your morale per sec to 60. This is how you get 60 morale per sec.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20633
TL:DR? In short, take 3 guild banner's planted, all group member's in same guild, all group member's same race. That's a massive investment to get those morale gain rates but your rewarded if you do. You have massive weaknesses also due to being racial and somewhat leashed to those guild banner's, so you double guess yourself on a full on pursuit situation.

Take 4 crossguarded IB's with 4 axe slams = 9,600 65ft AE frontal morale bomb conducted every 60 sec's due to morale per sec being 60. Take 2 Runepriests as your healer's for 100% upkeep on mountain spirit (pre-defensive morale cycle nerf). Looks like a super fun group right? That's literally a HAMMER UNIT from warhammer fantasy battles tabletop game which this game is based on... Group comp above is 100% not possible due to dirty slow morale gain rates. This game is just suppose to be faster then what player's think it should be.
Morale bombing is all about organization/coordination/positioning and survival. Single target deaths of a morale bomb component matter's quite a bit. Which mean's ST is actually kinda important in organized vs organized. But how often does that happen? So everyone purely focuses on ap AE damage. Not saying that ap AE damage doesn't matter but lacing in ST in your ap AE damage has importance also. Purely from the morale drain on death mechanic.

You can build a warband to have enough morale bomb that far exceeds the max health of the average player. Without breathing that hard I can make a warband with 28,800 instant damage 30ft morale bomb. All I need is the organization/coordination to pull it off. That's 4 shots of a gun I can bring to deal with the zerg. That's Theoretically 36 dead player's. I can build much larger instant damage morale bombs then 28,800 30 ft if I wanted too also. But it comes at a cost depending on class make-ups. AE instant morale damage is literally how organized play can counter number's larger then themselves. Raze bomb's is kitten's play compared to what this game was capable of doing.

The zerg will only shoot me once with their morale bomb because that's all they can do because they lack the organization/coordination/discipline to due anything else. Zerg play can't control say "only bomb with group 1, group 2,3,4 hold bomb for 2nd wave of their push." Zerg play doesn't have the organization/coordination and discipline to deliver several shots of morale bombs. If I lose say 6 player's to a morale bomb I still have 21,600 30ft morale bomb left. I still have 3 shots of a gun which can turn the tide. Which is still theoretically 27 dead player's. I personally don't even have the organization/coordination to pull off the above but I am actively working towards it.

Each death of a morale bomb component decreases the morale bomb coming at you and stagger's the overall strength. The morale level of everyone on your team is super important and ST death's stagger's that. Which is why ST has some importance in organized vs organized.

KikkL
Banned

Post#97 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:04 am

Acidic wrote:
Druin wrote:Remove bombing, problem solved.
Please do.
Good test would be remove all morals (oops did I repeat myself from another thread), probably only good test is remove all morals def as well as offensive as the defensive ones will make the fight go on and on if there was no offensive ones.
Give us all 25k hp base health!
Problem solved!

amputationsaw

Post#98 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Got a question tho.

i got 2 quests that are rewarding the shoulder pieces but have a different boss to kill. i accepted the first one many weeks ago and just got the quest with the witch npc. which one is now the right one?

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#99 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Bramble Witch is the correct one.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

NachTKaP

Post#100 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:59 am

Would it be possible to sticky these Patchnotes or add "Beastlord something something" to the title?
These patchnotes describe BL better then people could ever explain it in game. be it in /gu, /a or even /ad. That's why I usually try to refer them to these patchnotes. Doing that is kinda questionable if I cant recall the patchdate or have a temporary case of the dumb when trying to find them.