Ursine Domina

Let's talk about... everything else
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Ursine Domina

Post#21 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Tried this boss with 3 diffrent groups today

Can't get past his stupid healing

The fact tha you need to exploit a specific strat and that you need to run DoK/wp or else for this boss is really annoying for how sketchy bl comp set ups are

He has a ailment-ae-dot (range less than 80ft, i think). I don´t see how a WP can help you with this.

You can definitely kill him with with 1 tank, 2 rdps and 2 healer (last spot for mdps/2nd tank that stays out of range, takes a nap, prepares lunch...). It may even work with one healer.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#22 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Arbich wrote:
You can definitely kill him with with 1 tank, 2 rdps and 2 healer (last spot for mdps/2nd tank that stays out of range, takes a nap, prepares lunch...). It may even work with one healer.
Arbich wrote: 2 rdps
Yeah the entire fight kinda feels like a massive finger to melee

seriously though the difficulty spike between this and all the other bosses is crazy.......

and i genuinely feel that it should be toned down a bit

anarchypark

Post#23 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:55 am

debuffs you can cleanse are just dmg i think.
uncleansable debuff - forgot the name -
something bite, iirc.
Do you remember first season's CW boss?
he used this debuff too.

these were tactics for that boss.
It might work for bear too.

1. you dps race that boss - for bear, need AP.
2. delay that debuff, less chance of boss heal - KD after this debuff wear off. make more window for dps between debuff timer.

Try various new hunting tactics. like mdps don't stay melee range while debuff on?
so many ppl just quit trying.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 am

anarchypark wrote: so many ppl just quit trying.
Not a rare occurrence on RoR whatsoever:) soon they'll be asking to nerf the bosses.

Glorian

Post#25 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
anarchypark wrote: so many ppl just quit trying.
Not a rare occurrence on RoR whatsoever:) soon they'll be asking to nerf the bosses.
So far the boss has been taken down. And it can be done without a dok/wp.

If you can get hold of a ranged support group they might can take care of the npcs.

nocturnalguest

Post#26 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:46 am

Yesterday got this one down in a following party setup:
SM/IB/WL/SL/RP/AM
As we figured keeping at least two healers away from getting debuff is crucial. Healers were ST healing, RP was feeding us with AP and had cleanse tactic.
So we prove - doable with melee group, WP is not mandatory

Palitelj

Post#27 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:05 am

Our setup
KOTBS/WH/SW/SW/AM/RP
sws and healers were on rock near lake, boss pulled to do right of hill, cleanse tactic amd pew pew him.

Xissc

Post#28 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am

if you stand out side 50m you don't get the debuff. It's why a full group of ranged can basically by pass the mechanic for this fight. if you watch the Infectious Bite debuff there is a 10 sec window where he doesn't apply it. This is the window that you blow all Morals for max burst.

You don't need to tank him in any specific spot. All the groups that I've been in that has done this boss pulled him out into the middle of the pool away from the champs by the rock.

Ads
lata

Post#29 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 am

Madcatmech wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
Collateral wrote:Why are these bosses made so that you absolutely require one specific class to beat them? Almost all bosses I tried are like that. I don't like that kind if design. I tried this boss with zealot and shammy, but there was no chance to do it. We could bring him to 80%, but then poof, 100% again. Perhaps there is a way to beat him without doks, but it doesn't seem like it.
I guess the issue here is with DoK / WP :).
If a certain class is required to down the boss its an issue with the design of said boss. Not the WP/DoK.
Yesterday we took him with a SM,WL,EN,SW and 2 RP's.
RP's change to instant cleansing tactic, one RP focused on SM the other on WL. Other than this, group heal mostly and AP procs/buffs from each class.

As it mentioned in the first entry, pulling boss to right corner definitely works.

I forgot the name but salutes to shammy who cheered for us. We didnt kill him though.
OATHKEEPERS
Hamdi Babysight - RP
Muzaffer Babyshower - SL

gerard86

Post#30 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:32 am

hey guys just did this with Chosen/Blorc/Zealot/Shammy/Mara/WE.

So its a less than optimal comp to say the least.

The strategy here was to cleanse the dot asap . Thats the most critical part of this fight.

what we did was quite unorthodox, the WE and the Mara stayed out of range about 100 yards away from the boss so they dont take damage, the 2 tanks solo dpsed him down to about 30 or so percent.

Then what happened was that the WE ran in and bursted as hard as she could to bring down the boss to 0.

During the last phase the zealot(me) was camping the decurse button, as in pressing it even before the curse was applied. The shaman since he has a CD on curse was assigned to decurse the WE and i was decursing the tanks.The zealot Hotted the tanks and the dps on free GCDs.

I must have pressed the decurse button continuously throughout the fight.It was hard.