Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Wiki - Boss Difficulty Visual Representation

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Cyttorak

RoR Wiki - Boss Difficulty Visual Representation

Post#1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Hello everyone, this is a sugestion that began with the [ART CONTEST] THE BEASTIARY, and doing my contribution to the contest I started thinking about adding a hierarchy system to it. One of my concerns was to preserve the noble areas of the card, to not cover important information, and so that my suggestion would work perfectly with the card template established.

I decided creating a new topic here, to not deviate from the purpose of the art contest and it's rules.

This is my suggestion:

A rich detailled renaissance frame, harmonious with the Warhammer atmosphere and it's elements, that represent visually the difference between the Boss NPC's ranks using different collors and elements for each rank. It would also reflect the difficulty level of the challenge a player would face, going after that specific target NPC.

Please let me know what you guys think.

*Hope this pleases you, Yaliskah. =)

If you want to participate of the new art contest too, heres the link:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=23133

Ads
Serbiansword

Re: RoR Wiki - Boss Difficulty Visual Representation

Post#2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 am

It really looks nice.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:06 am

The subtle order bias, hmm, yes...

It does look really nice though. Make a destro variant, and a neutral variant, if you're feeling up to it of course.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

HissiCNesS

Post#4 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:38 am

Nice, good job!! :O Really like it and yah what Wargrimnir said... that would be great. xD ;D
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:47 am

Hoy !! Looks nice :)!!

I told you i love the idea and this version is MUCH better than the previous one :).
hen art contest finished, if Wiki's manager are ok, we will try to add this layout.
Warg is right btw, if you have a destro version to this, it could be a plus :).

Gratz !!

Cyttorak

Post#6 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm so glad you all liked it! =)

Thanks a lot Wargrimnir, Yaliskah, (and for everybody that replied/replies really, thank you) it means a lot to me to have your opinion and feedback. When planning the frame I wasn't really worried about making it this side or the other, just wanted to make sure it said "warhammer" and I think that was achieved. But I can see what you mean, and I can definitely try to work a Destro frame.

Thanks for your time, I will try to not take too long to post an update.

Richardwarhawk

Post#7 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 am

Yea, Looks great.. Keep it up Archie!!!

Cyttorak

Post#8 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello again!
After the feedback from Wargrimnir, Yaliskah and all of you, I felt challenged to come up with a Destro variant. It took me some time to get to a version that I liked. At first I hushed into making a variant version for Destro, but a good friend dissuaded me from sticking with that one for it being to subtle, and he was right (thank's Beodric!). I've put more time and heart on it and I'm really proud of the result. Sorry for the delay.

This is my sugestion for the Destrucion variant:

I wanted to keep as much common elements as I could, enough to indicate that both share the same goal, that are two variations of the same visual representation. To achieve that, I wanted to keep the same colors and elements to the frames, like the skulls on the top. Aside of that, I needed to make this one scream DESTRUCTION, more specifically Chaos, so I selected a few elements I wanted to use, like the Manticores mirroring the Order's Griffons, the arrow in the botton of the frame representing the Chaos Star (also Beo's sugestion!), the eye/mark or Tzeentch, and finishing with the flesh tentacles to resemble corruption/mutation.

It is with great pleasure that I submit this, hope the Chaos Gods are pleased with my offering! =)
*As aways, I can't wait to know what you think of it, please let me know!

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:06 pm

my only feedback would be to make the skull/skull + laurel bigger as i missed it at first. it might not be noticeable enough. Otherwise, loving it.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#10 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Thats impressive mate !!

Congratz !!