Recent Topics

Ads

How to get T2/T3 influence gear?

Let's talk about... everything else
Trhuster

How to get T2/T3 influence gear?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 am

Hi, was playing Warhammer on live long time ago and just recently found RoR. Made me very happy to play this game again! Om the surface much is the same but alot is not the same as live. T1 RvR is now way better then it was on live. I can join wb and i can play alone or in small groups. I have no problem to fill all the influnce bars for gear in all three zones. I like that i am able to play in less crowded zone as underdog and get alot off influence points.

So next step is new merged T2/T3/T4. This was not as fun for me, mabey i am missing something. Let me explain the problem from my point of view.

When i dinged rank 16 i went to all the T2 zones and discovered that they all was locked and same with T3. So the only place to be was in T4. My T1 gear despite getting buffed to Rank 48 i was finding it incredible hard to make myself useful. So my conclusion is that i need some T2 inf gear and later T3 inf gear as i gain ranks. On live i liked playing in T2 the most, working on influence gear in all three zones and defending and attacking keeps and some solo roaming aswell.

Now later i discovered that Troll Contry in T2 was open and i was very exited and went there for some nice RvR and start working on my Influence gear. But it was not much more different than playing in T4, alot off T4 players roaming there and boy they kill me like nothing.

So the simple question is why is T4 players allowed the roam around in T2/T3? I don't think it is a fair fight? And why is not atleast one T2 and T3 zone open all the time? As it is now it is impossible to get blue inf gear in time. Now i am rank 21 and still only three parts of tokens gear rank 15 and no influence gear at all because zones are almost always locked. PvE is nothing i like do, ever.

Anyway, i can reroll and stay in T1 but T2 could be just as fun. Mabey more fun if small groups could take keeps as in live. Just my toughts as a new player in RoR but played alot on live.
Last edited by Trhuster on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Xissc

Re: How to get T2/T3 influence gear?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:48 am

Because sadly bolster doesn't account for lack of abilities or the level difference (assuming the damage formula is the same as it was on live) People with higher RR do more damage to those with lower RR. If I remember correctly to see any noticeable difference to this formula it has to be over 10 levels. So since you are more than likely around 16/22 that means when a 40/60+ rolls up on you it's like throwing spit wads at them while they use a grenade launcher.

I thought it was kinda silly that they bolstered lower levels up to 48, but after being the lower level I see why.... not that it helps much.

dansari

Post#3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 am

I absolutely understand where you're coming from and maybe I can offer a different viewpoint. Yes, leveling via rvr can be tough if you're a fresh 16, especially if it's your first character. Are you joining open warbands? Are you supplementing your open rvr time with scenario time? Are you looking to farm for the T2 and T3 epic quests and things like mayhem?

Even if you aren't contributing much to a zone flip, you still get medallions for your participation, and you can break down one conq medallion into 125 scout medallions or 25 soldier to obtain gear quickly.

Biggest thing I would say is try to find people to play with, even if it's an open warband, and progress by doing what you can in that group. In non peak times, do scenarios for the weapons at the merchant.
<Salt Factory>

szejoza

Post#4 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 am

As you seem to be new here you might not be aware of other issues that are around and the biggest one is - most of the people are already lvl40, therefore leaving lower tiers empty and dead.

It's easy to jump in T1, you just create char, do some quests, sc's, one or two pq and bang - you are already level 8 and are enough to compete with other players, it's fast, it's easy to access and dynamic without the keep to take, just flag-banging.

But then you would enter T2, and try to look up players between 12 and 20level (or whatever the level for this tier were before). You will find maybe up to 15 players, in primetime maybe even you can gather warband if you are lucky. But what about the rest of the day? Are people from different time-zones supposed to take keep with 3 of them?
And then goes T3, it recquires a lot more investment into your character so there are even less players between 21-30lvl, so now you are supposed to take keep with 6 man and there are outer and inner doors to destroy. Oh and wait, what if the enemy takes BO's and locks up the door before you can even down them?

Live was different, especially at start, people were in every zone, and every part of the world was very alive, now you need to understand general point of this - devs here could leave T2-T3 in untouched state - places that people would occassionaly visit to cap BOs as most of the time they wouldnt be able to take keep but they decided the merge them and give majority of players (and eventually you will be one of them) a bit more dynamic fights in different environments. We, the old 40ies are fed up with Kadrin Valley that lasts for 8+hours (thanks to todays patch it will no longer be a thing tho) or other zones that are simply vast and sieges take up very long hours, and opening the T2 for us gave us a more dynamic zones to play (no outer walls=more dynamic siege).

Just after the doomsday rework (aka. t2-t3-t4 merge) I created new char to check how it will go, and honestly I don't see where all this hate comes from. I leveled up to level 29, with pug warbands or solo (tough stuff as an ironbreaker with crappy gear), I played in every tier, and enjoyed pretty much every part of it, at one point I even had more medallions than my main and could afford any gear I wanted from vendors in altdorf (for my level that is x))

As a low level you are the underdog here, a target for many, but you don't award enemy with anything valuable and the rewards you can get are over the top (I have seen several 2x levels getting gold or purple bags). You can try and que for sc's but then you will see how rarely they pop up and this should be an indication for you that there are simply not enough players in old T2-T3 level bracket
Spoiler:

Annaise16

Post#5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 am

It is fairly straight forward to get tier 2 and 3 influence rewards. Just go to the zones when they are open, find the most contested BO and stay there and fight. You'll get influence from both BO ticks and kills. This adds up very quickly.

dansari

Post#6 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am

Annaise16 wrote:It is fairly straight forward to get tier 2 and 3 influence rewards. Just go to the zones when they are open, find the most contested BO and stay there and fight. You'll get influence from both BO ticks and kills. This adds up very quickly.
I think OP understands this; the initial point was, though, that if only a t4 zone is open, there's no way for him to get influence from t2. I think the answer is that influence rewards could probably be revamped and he's got a good point that could be a nice to have for new players, and that a few conq medallions will immediately set you up with enough Obliterator gear.
<Salt Factory>

szejoza

Post#7 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:55 am

dansari wrote: I think OP understands this; the initial point was, though, that if only a t4 zone is open, there's no way for him to get influence from t2. I think the answer is that influence rewards could probably be revamped and he's got a good point that could be a nice to have for new players, and that a few conq medallions will immediately set you up with enough Obliterator gear.
Well, from today zones will change every ~4 hours due to new mechanic so it will shuffle more than before

I believe I proposed another method to fix that (but that was more than a year ago if not two) that the higher tier influences (in ORVR only) would increase the influence on lower tier (for example. in T4 you get 100% influence but also 25% of that goes for T3 and 10% for T2 influence rewards in pairings - so getting 1000 inf in KV would result in 250inf for BFP/Badlands and 100inf for BV/MoM). It would not overpower higher levels but would give a reason for lower levels to go to higher tiers

edit: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8673&p=92002#p92002
nobody was interested tho :(
Last edited by szejoza on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

dansari

Post#8 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 am

Totally agree. That could be a nice QOL change for lower level players.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:11 am

szejoza wrote:
dansari wrote: I think OP understands this; the initial point was, though, that if only a t4 zone is open, there's no way for him to get influence from t2. I think the answer is that influence rewards could probably be revamped and he's got a good point that could be a nice to have for new players, and that a few conq medallions will immediately set you up with enough Obliterator gear.
Well, from today zones will change every ~4 hours due to new mechanic so it will shuffle more than before

I believe I proposed another method to fix that (but that was more than a year ago if not two) that the higher tier influences (in ORVR only) would increase the influence on lower tier (for example. in T4 you get 100% influence but also 25% of that goes for T3 and 10% for T2 influence rewards in pairings - so getting 1000 inf in KV would result in 250inf for BFP/Badlands and 100inf for BV/MoM). It would not overpower higher levels but would give a reason for lower levels to go to higher tiers

edit: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8673&p=92002#p92002
nobody was interested tho :(
Sounds good, no idea atm if possible.

Trhuster

Post#10 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Just to be clear, this thread was not meant to complain. I am sure devs have put alot off tought about this. :) I just wanted to give my point of view as a new player. For me atleast it is impossible to get T2 inf gear the times i have played atleast.

But it would be nice if one T2 zone always was open without T4 players even if the numbers of T2 players is low. I love some good small scale PvP in lower lvls before all the crowd control stuff gets out of hand.

Anyway, i am here to stay. I really love this game to much and i am very happy i can play War again! So thx for all the peoples that made this possible. :)