Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
live4treasure

DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 am

I main a DPS AM and have been playing them for a long while. Pre ab ex change, they weren't that good. During the ab ex thing, they were actually a bit over the top, possibly. Before the nerf they seemed alright, nothing spectacular.

Post nerf, though, I started feeling like the impact on AM was a bit much. I've been seeing people disrupt me with intellect cap and 10% disrupt/block chance reduction tactic regularly, and while such a state of affairs for healers is pretty understandable, for other classes it's not so much. I'm constantly seeing dps classes that don't even stack any willpower just do disrupt after disrupt after disrupt on the dots, ticks or debuffs, almost like just everyone got a universal disrupt chance buff across the board.

I think this is a bit too much. Yes we aren't a pure dps class. Yeah, we have a tiny bit of healing and other stuff. But a large part, perhaps even most, of our burst and dps comes from dots and that's what suffered the most here. Personally noticed a significant drop in my damage potential, and I think that the spec needs a bit of help with the current state of affairs.

What has your experience been with DPS AM so far?
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
flatfoot1987

Re: DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Post#2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 am

Never played a dps AM past T2 but I thought I should mention that current rdps fest in T4 made Deft Defender a mandatory renown investment for all melee careers. Pretty sure it's an accepted fact.

All my tanks and mdps run base ~25% disrupt chance at least and I guess that recent changes just made it more noticeable.
Last edited by flatfoot1987 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

diedrake

Post#3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:17 am

As i main a mara, i can confirm previous poster, I stack disrupt/dodge. Reason being is because rdps is alot on order side. Dont feel too bad because my pull is disrupted 80% of the time now if i pull an AM or any true healer at that.

Untill order changes their class meta, i will continue to have 40+ percent disrupt chance in the lakes.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

live4treasure

Post#4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:03 am

I can understand that. However I think there's a difference between being able to invest RR so that you can better survive magic damage RDPS classes and being able to invest RR so that every second spell is disrupted from an intellect capped caster. The latter is a bit much imo
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Thelen

Post#5 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:27 am

Could you post a combat log of you getting disrupted as much as you say while targeting a non-healer class?

diedrake

Post#6 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:39 am

Fourlives, thats not just rr investment, thats some gear and also a tactic slot hence why mine is relatively high on disrupt specifically.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Krima

Post#7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 am

live4treasure wrote:I main a DPS AM and have been playing them for a long while. Pre ab ex change, they weren't that good. During the ab ex thing, they were actually a bit over the top, possibly. Before the nerf they seemed alright, nothing spectacular.

Post nerf, though, I started feeling like the impact on AM was a bit much. I've been seeing people disrupt me with intellect cap and 10% disrupt/block chance reduction tactic regularly, and while such a state of affairs for healers is pretty understandable, for other classes it's not so much. I'm constantly seeing dps classes that don't even stack any willpower just do disrupt after disrupt after disrupt on the dots, ticks or debuffs, almost like just everyone got a universal disrupt chance buff across the board.

I think this is a bit too much. Yes we aren't a pure dps class. Yeah, we have a tiny bit of healing and other stuff. But a large part, perhaps even most, of our burst and dps comes from dots and that's what suffered the most here. Personally noticed a significant drop in my damage potential, and I think that the spec needs a bit of help with the current state of affairs.

What has your experience been with DPS AM so far?
. :) Image

Any player can go shopping on AH and push 30-40% disrupt without stacking willpower..

This is how I roll these days... 30-40% disrupt/dodge since dots can break stealth now :roll:

All my friends are stacking disrupt/dodge already...there is NO magical free disrupt boost for everyone. Its the meta! order = rdps
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Krima

Post#8 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:56 am

diedrake wrote:Fourlives, thats not just rr investment, thats some gear and also a tactic slot hence why mine is relatively high on disrupt specifically.
That brush off tactic..!! wish I had something like that :D Witch elfs have that +10% parry, swift blades :(
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 am

yeah all melee stack avoidance out the ass and these changes just make that easier... think of the engis and SWs, seen as doubling down on init is legit, especially on BG who don't need the armor or tough

it had to happen, t4 is rdps dominated and out of those dps AM is the most dull, conservative "oh am i really dealing with this crap again" of them

just wait until the BG will buff is aoe! then the fun begins. i see destro train wbs legit all coordinating to stack will/init to finally counter the uncounterable

Zealote

Post#10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 am

Krima wrote:
diedrake wrote:Fourlives, thats not just rr investment, thats some gear and also a tactic slot hence why mine is relatively high on disrupt specifically.
That brush off tactic..!! wish I had something like that :D Witch elfs have that +10% parry, swift blades :(
Doesn't seem worth it to sacrifice a tac on mara for ~7.2%* disrupt, only to get destroyed by SWs/engis anyway (if you were going to be by BWs/AMs). Not noticed much difference on my chars (on des) when I've stacked disrupt beyond Deft Defender, and the latter's main usefulness probably comes from its protecting against all rDPS anyway.

*Assuming this is indeed how the new formulas work. Think I'd feel the same even if it were 10% though.
Aetir