Recent Topics

Ads

[KotBS] Do any 2H Knights use Staggering Impact over Vigilanc?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Telmorial

[KotBS] Do any 2H Knights use Staggering Impact over Vigilanc?

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:34 am

I'm planning to try 2H around RR40. I'm currently using Vigilance and knock down skills in the Vigilance tree and rest in Conq for the AoE snare and 10% talents.
I was thinking about staying with this spec when I try 2H but does anyone think Staggering Impact is worth it over Vigilance? The damage seems terrible, so I guess I'm asking is the 10% reduction to defend really worth the loss of the survivability of Vigilance?

And what about the Myrmidia Fury? Waste of a point or is worth it vs squishy casters?

Ads
Arconnn

Re: [KotBS] Do any 2H Knights use Staggering Impact over Vigilanc?

Post#2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:03 am

http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3092,3073

Standard 2h Kobs spec, You want to go up the left tree to increase your wounds debuff, Staggering Impact isn't the main reason you go up the tree but it's nice to pick up
Myrmidia Fury deals a very small amount of dps still
With green gear / ruin or whatever starter gear you have for Kobs you probably will find yourself being quite squishy thus to reason to pick up vigilance, but once you get basic gear it will seem unnecessary
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Telmorial

Post#3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:32 am

Arconnn wrote:http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3092,3073

Standard 2h Kobs spec, You want to go up the left tree to increase your wounds debuff, Staggering Impact isn't the main reason you go up the tree but it's nice to pick up
With green gear / ruin or whatever starter gear you have for Kobs you probably will find yourself being quite squishy thus to reason to pick up vigilance, but once you get basic gear it will seem unnecessary
Thanks very much for the info. I didn't think of using that spec. I'll give that a try once I have better gear.

Yes, I'm in Ruin armor plus some blue shield with the epic 1h at the mo. I was thinking of getting the Merc armor set (eventually the Dominator set) and SC 2H sword.

As a 2H Knight, should I still use Toughness talismans, maybe with a few Wounds as well?

Arconnn

Post#4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Telmorial wrote:
Arconnn wrote:http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3092,3073

Thanks very much for the info. I didn't think of using that spec. I'll give that a try once I have better gear.

Yes, I'm in Ruin armor plus some blue shield with the epic 1h at the mo. I was thinking of getting the Merc armor set (eventually the Dominator set) and SC 2H sword.

As a 2H Knight, should I still use Toughness talismans, maybe with a few Wounds as well?
Mix of Toughness / Wounds generally
for renown there's a lot you can do, at least at higher renown, at rr40 you're quite limited
first thing I'd get is getting my Chance to be critically hit as low as possible with 2 futile strikes, with bad gear you'll probably still have a high chance to be critically hit though, so you could get a 3rd futile strikes, get Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense instead of the 3rd futile strikes or you could opt for parry. these are things you should try out yourself.
The most important piece of armor / weapon you can get right now is a 2hander from the t4 epic quests called High Sun (will have a chance to increase your movement speed by 20% for 10 seconds when hit) so focus on getting that at the moment.
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Telmorial

Post#5 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks a lot again for the great info Arconnn.