Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for Guild

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Borek

Looking for Guild

Post#1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:48 am

usually play from Late morning EU time until past midnight with a few breaks here and there. Played EA version at release, got pissed with the bug-fest and never tried it again, did a small stint on ROR a few yrs back and decided to give it a whirl again with the recent email and been having fun checking out numerous toons mostly in T1. Got to the point where i'm wanting to pick and stick when it comes to Alt-itis so looking for a guild that likes to battle the Odds with small-mans/groups rather than steamrolling everything as a WB, although don't mind doing a bit of that.

Happy to re-roll and although i'm posting on Order (most of the daytime destro seems to have the numbers) i don't mind which side it's on. I'm on discord and have a Mic. Very long term DAoC player up until last year so quite used to min-maxing and tactics, not particularly clued up when it comes to ROR yet, but keen to learn and improve.

If there's any guilds recruiting let me know, yes i realize it's not the best timing with the cap atm.

Ads
Glorian

Re: Looking for Guild

Post#2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:27 am

Aye. Cap is currently a real problem. We have removed everyone who wasn't online in the last two weeks and are still at 113 members.

My advice would be to get it going and then try to join with a more than a t1 character. :)

Borek

Post#3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:30 am

Glorian wrote:Aye. Cap is currently a real problem. We have removed everyone who wasn't online in the last two weeks and are still at 113 members.

My advice would be to get it going and then try to join with a more than a t1 character. :)
Well the problem is i'd like to know what toon before i commit to getting high level, hence me asking now, because what works in small man is not the same as what works solo/group/WB, plus people may want to build themed squads or specific cookie cutter combos and the like. I have a 19 DoK as my current highest, but if i end up on Order it's a waste of time to bring it to 40. I have fairly ludicrous amounts of play time on my hands so it's not particularly hard to level up i just don't want to end up with multiple toons i don't play, it's fine in T1 which is like 2 hrs play, T4...no thanks, lol

Glorian

Post#4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Well usually I would write here:

Roll a Runepriest, Slayer, Ironbreaker, Engi and get enlisted to the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers. ;)

Especially with a Runepriest you are sought of after in warband builds.

But currently we have already two dwarfs in the waiting queue and I'm having problems to generate more room.

Borek

Post#5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Glorian wrote:Well usually I would write here:

Roll a Runepriest, Slayer, Ironbreaker, Engi and get enlisted to the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers. ;)

Especially with a Runepriest you are sought if after in warband builds.

But currently we have already two dwarfs in the waiting queue and I'm having problems to generate more room.
Yeah i know the issue with the cap will be sorted out at some point, so i have no issue with leveling up in advance of that, just want to end up with my final pick, but like i said i am not really interested in regular WB play, seen plenty in T1 although i'm sure it's nothing like T4, just isn't as fun as being part of a small team that takes on challenging numbers.

I'm looking for 2-6 sized groups, can be race/class themed, cookie cutter combo's, hit and run, choke point defenders etc etc, just want to challenge myself so it doesn't get boring over time, not that i am saying WB isn't challenging, i would rather be part of a smaller team because it forces me to up my game, plus it opens up a wider variety of class/spec options.

szejoza

Post#6 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Borek wrote:I'm looking for 2-6 sized groups, can be race/class themed, cookie cutter combo's, hit and run, choke point defenders etc etc, just want to challenge myself so it doesn't get boring over time, not that i am saying WB isn't challenging, i would rather be part of a smaller team because it forces me to up my game, plus it opens up a wider variety of class/spec options.
My advice is - roll a carreer that appeals to you, be it in a looks, lore, or whatever other reason you will find. Balance and skill changes are frequent here so if you decide on rolling best class in a field you can expect it to be nerfed to the level of others. Of course there are carreers that are best in smaller groups and others that excel in WBs but it's up to your choice, I'm just saying that don't follow try to fit into certain group as by the time you are max lvl things might change

Also, as there are general carreers that fit well into small-scale groups remember that it all varies on group composition, as in. no BW in melee train. The only thing where you can't go wrong is when you pick a healer (or tank, sometimes there are just too many of them and another day you won't see even one)
Spoiler:

ragafury

Post#7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:10 pm

You will quit the game if you roll a career just for the sake of finding a guild or group to play with.
You can do that as a service to your team occasionally and play a toon.
Many ppl. play also one or two chars per realm.
You may want to roll different archtypes than.
I also commend gearing one char up and than roll a toon. (and with gearing up I mean close to bis).
As a first char you also may want to have a char which is capable of farming and crafting.

That's my experience regarding this game and mmorpgs in general.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Borek

Post#8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Just to clarify, i have enjoyed all the classes i have rolled, which is close to the character limit right now, as i stated i have played DAoC as a long term player, i'm not asking for advice about rolling something i like, i'm asking if anyone has a small-man to 1 group type guild, or a guild with players that enjoy that playstyle, that wants someone to join who wishes to focus on being great on 1 character instead of mediocre on 15 different ones.

Please no more advice posts, i'm old, i have played MMO's since Ultima Online, just assume i have experience about what i enjoy and what i do not. What i am looking for is a Guild that suits my playstyle.

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#9 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Borek wrote:Just to clarify, i have enjoyed all the classes i have rolled, which is close to the character limit right now, as i stated i have played DAoC as a long term player, i'm not asking for advice about rolling something i like, i'm asking if anyone has a small-man to 1 group type guild, or a guild with players that enjoy that playstyle, that wants someone to join who wishes to focus on being great on 1 character instead of mediocre on 15 different ones.

Please no more advice posts, i'm old, i have played MMO's since Ultima Online, just assume i have experience about what i enjoy and what i do not. What i am looking for is a Guild that suits my playstyle.
Hello Borek,
I am also looking for fixed groupmates (would like to be with 3-5 buddies) for smallscale roaming etc.
If you find something, you can PM me, I had a long break, and dont know many people.
Also have no Guilds anymore, due to all my characters had been kicked out of the guilds.

If you are interested just PM me.

Richardwarhawk

Post#10 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi I am the CEO of Break A Wish Foundation, If your looking for a guild that's pretty active 24/7 we are a good group/ community to be with, we also have one of the most active voice coms on the server that is open to the public for help. I also suggest if you play dwarfs and are looking for a Dawi guild, Oath Keepers is also a good guild as well.