Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Would this work?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
OldSparky

[Chosen] Would this work?

Post#1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:49 pm

So I've been playing around with Chosen builds and with some tips in-game I'm experimenting with and gearing up for a 2h tank (not loldps).

RoR.builders - Chosen

Basic principle is to have some Tank utilities (but losing some important HTL, DFV and MD unfortunately) but on the 2h frame. It has superpunt tactic (which is kinda necessary), Suppression tactic, Flawless Armor and Rugged for some tankiness while having a bit of debuffing going on (like blastwave with wound debuff and auras) and CC like kd, aoe stun or snare with some nice Discord DoTs (Suppression is one of the most crucial parts of the rotation).

Renown point-wise it's a good idea to grab Parry/Dodge/Disrupt and then dump into Futile Strikes for the least amount of crits possible and additional Mastery points would be dumped into Discord.

For jewelry I think +3% Parry Skaven ring with Winds Impervious set (or Oathstones/Blood Soaked Sigils/Broken Covenant with RvR Influ/Renown Vendor cloak) will be sufficient until you get Genesis 2Everlasting(Cloak/Apect+Shard) + 3Warrior accessories(Aspect/Cloak+Remnant/Shard+Fragment)

Weapon of choice I'd recommend getting Anarchy or Doom's Edge greatswords from T4 epic quests until one gets a Subjugator one.
As for armor I'm gonna be testing 2Conq, 2Anni and 2Ruin for armor and toughness stack along with some anti-crit (or go 2Conq, 2Anni and 2Domi for more damage oriented build at the cost of some squishiness although I'm open to suggestions).
Talismans would stack armor and toughness.

Auras used are Toughness, Resist and AP auras.

And rotation would be Blast Wave -> Suppression -> Touch of Palsy -> Seeping Wound -> Ravage (Repel/Dizzying Blow/Downfall/Quake whenever needed, Withering Blow can be also nicely squeezed in for that bit more AP drain)

I have it in mind that it might be a terrible build but I'd like to test it and see if it'll work for myself. What are your initial thoughts?

Ads
TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Re: [Chosen] Would this work?

Post#2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 pm

First of all, you are not a KotBS, second, Quake does awful AoE damage and gives everyone and their little dog cc immunities, third, you really need to add tooth of Tzeentch in your rotation, it actually helps.

If you ask me, you should just go orthodox morale pump SnB in the missionary position for the solo purpose of team utility and protection at this point, because your build currently occupies a middle spot where it lacks the good stuff from the SnB builds AND the "good" stuff from the loldps builds.

OldSparky

Post#3 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Truth be told I used to play SnB Morale Pump Chosen (and skipping Quake isn't bad idea due to how situational the skill is) and it felt nice being able to take a solid beating before dying but it also felt kinda boring so I decided to experiment and see what I can come up with because I think something good might be discovered with Chosen (but that might not be the case).

Problem with Chosen is that it has really mediocre kit for a tank and weak kit for loldps and his biggest selling points are his Auras (and for the most part I'm trying to get somewhat working, yet fun builds by mixing, twisting and experimenting). Might end up rolling with both BO and BG at some point once I'm done gearing and testing different builds on Chosen.

EDIT: What about grabbing the Bane Shield (or Siphoned Energy) tactic and replace Critical Suppression

Dalgrimar

Post#4 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 pm

@TheSockPuppet Saying stagger is bad means you never understood how to properly utilize it.

The build is not bad but if your not gonna go RB and CS + crit tactic i would go this build.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 5:;0:0:0:0:
Works great for RVR aswell cuz you can easy swap in SnB.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

OldSparky

Post#5 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 pm

TR instead of AP Aura? Gotta try out that one but I also see how its a good build where one can slap on SnB whenever needed. I think I will also test it with Dire Shielding or Siphoned Energy/Embrace the Winds for 2h.

I remember running RB + CS + OB but its main problem is having to rely on SC gear which provides little in terms of survivability and since CS is AoE again (but nerfed reduction) I might try it again at some point.

Foltestik

Post#6 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 am

its no point play 2hand without CS.

Haojin

Post#7 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:37 am

I'd play like that in 6 man if SNB: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:

I'd play like that in warband if SNB:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Panzerkasper

Post#8 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:26 am

Haojin wrote:I'd play like that in 6 man if SNB: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:

I'd play like that in warband if SNB:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:
Why would someone use Tzeetch Reflection in a 6v6? For spreading senseless immunities against that maybe 1 BW in the comp?

There you go mate: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Haojin

Post#9 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 am

6 man roam.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Foltestik

Post#10 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 am

i always find +heal tacktick crap, you have better tacticks and for heal you have M2