Ads

Patch Notes 1/12/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 1/12/2017

Post#171 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Whatever happened to those repairable weapons that drop in orvr? Those still a thing?
I don't think they drop correctly. They've been in for a couple months, haven't seen any come up.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#172 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:26 pm

That what Haojins shows on this videos, have almost nothing to do with individual possibilities of Marauder character.
Video just shows that i personally dont like in game - grouping multiplicates power of all each party members to gargantuan sizes.
Y see- Haojin attack mostly by Demolition, and use effect on Monstrosity, and he do must use anything else, cos group is proper.
If you try something alone y will die in in a blink of an eye.
Tt-that all folks!

worldismine

Post#173 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Dajciekrwi wrote:That what Haojins shows on this videos, have almost nothing to do with individual possibilities of Marauder character.
No?, so tell me why every single mara, playing in wb, solo or 6man use monstro proc under focus fire? assuming you got a guard + detaunt + monstro + demolition, marauder is the only MDPS able to have a HOT ( not talking about tanks or dps heals) and no armor penetration buff while using monstro oh and you can use a range KD too ...and yes i got a mara 40/46 but not on this acc.

Penril

Post#174 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Marauder can be tanky in Monstro, but you deal crap single target damage and have no good debuffs in that stance. As for the video, all I see is a AoE skill dealing way more damage than it should (it is pretty much the only skill being used there) against blobs of unguarded enemies who are focused on the keep lord.

Demolition spam will get you zero kills against a proper premade. Just try a 6v6 against idk, LoB or Fusion and spam Demolition, and you will see. Oh, and maybe Mara (is WL the same?) AoE needs to be toned down a bit. That looks like the old thing Aza implemented.

worldismine

Post#175 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:14 pm

double post
Last edited by worldismine on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worldismine

Post#176 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Penril wrote:Marauder can be tanky in Monstro, but you deal crap single target damage and have no good debuffs in that stance.

true, but the point is the balance is around a group play right? Monstro proc gives you a chance to get a hot + no armor penetration and assuming you are playing in a group you have: guard + tank challenge + 2 healers + your detaunt + spam demoliton for monstro proc, no decent premade will never run a monstro mara for pure dmg, the thing about monstro is simple: spam demolition hitting most targets you can hit to get you a proc from monstro when you are getting pressured, you will get a guarantee proc if you hit 3-4 playes.
Last edited by worldismine on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bozzax

Post#177 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Spoiler:
Why on earth would you spam aoe after a detaunt?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Axerker

Post#178 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:18 pm

worldismine wrote:
Penril wrote:Marauder can be tanky in Monstro, but you deal crap single target damage and have no good debuffs in that stance.

true, but the point is the balance is around a group play right? Monstro proc gives you a chance to get a hot + no armor penatrion and assuming you are playing in a group you have guard + 2 healers + your detaunt + spam demoliton for monstro proc, no decent premade will never run a monstro mara for pure dmg, the thing about monstro is simple: spam demolition hitting most targets you can hit to get you a proc from monstro when you are getting pressured, you will get a guarantee proc if you hit 3-4 playes.

Detaunt is useless if you're spamming Demo. I agree with the GM, sure, Mara is a bit tankier than most DPS when using that stance, but lack damage output. Mara is more of a melee utility class than mDPS, in my personal opinion.

Ads
Penril

Post#179 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Spam Demo to proc monstro and THEN detaunt. Combined with Deadly Clutch (if you had it on someone before swapping to Monstro) and potions, it should give your tanks/healers enough time to help you.

Mara has staying power and survivability, while WL has mobility (even after the 5s CD nerf to Pounce). I like it that way, which is why I hope Mara never gets Pounce.

Anyway, we are derailing again...

worldismine

Post#180 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Spoiler:
Penril wrote:Spam Demo to proc monstro and THEN detaunt. Combined with Deadly Clutch (if you had it on someone before swapping to Monstro) and potions, it should give your tanks/healers enough time to help you.

Mara has staying power and survivability, while WL has mobility (even after the 5s CD nerf to Pounce). I like it that way, which is why I hope Mara never gets Pounce.

Anyway, we are derailing again...
Didnt post on right order, i was just pointing the options destro got to mitigate dmg, and monstro is one of them i would say keep the HOT from monstro but remove the no armor penetration buff.
Make the proposal. You know where.