Recent Topics

Ads

MARA - Terrible Embrace Letdown

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: OP or UP?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Overpowered
7%
Underpowered
49%
Fine
44%
Total votes: 61

tommyb23

MARA - Terrible Embrace Letdown

Post#1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Finally hit 40 and let down by Terrible Embrace's success rate (big reason I wanted to play a mara) - no way should I be spec/tali for wisdom... wanted to see if y'all shared my sentiment. It seems to hit less than 50% (25%?) assuming the target doesn't get an immunity, runs away, etc.

My thoughts - make separate from other pulls but keep the disrupt rate OR change the hit chance based on strength instead of wisdom (if that is how it currently works).

I love it when it pulls, but can never use it part of any rotation due to the randomness, so will be a just for fun skill until it improves I guess.
Terranc - Chosen
Lorde - Marauder
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Magus

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: MARA - Terrible Embrace Letdown

Post#2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Poop compared to fetch, and yes, afaik it scales with intellignece. So basically, don't target any healer, or anyone with Inspired attack.
Rip Phalanx

tommyb23

Post#3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Ah good to know, thanks.

When compared to magus's pull, it seems equivalent ability except magus gets 6 chances instead of one, so at least some action/success a good chunk of the time.
Terranc - Chosen
Lorde - Marauder
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Magus

xtc1999
Banned

Post#4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 pm

the issue is the new disrupt/dodge system and also the removal of RD/CW makes taking 20rr in d/d a nobrainer
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

Akalukz

Post#5 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:44 pm

it still works fairly well. get buffhead if you are not already using it.
-= Agony =-

Tesq

Post#6 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Aye when aza made the request if let it scale with str oi instead int it was to early and got decided with int that thing should be review the pull fail too easily on top you can just taunt mara from range. While wl pull is just 99% succesfull on not tank target.

mackcop

Post#7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Feel like the success rate needs to be tested alongside wl’s, to allow for proof. Then maybe we could get it to scale with strength instead of Int? Just my two cents.
Invictas - the friendliest of black orcs
some quotes:
"you're always stuck on something"
"learn to punt, scrub"
"invictas: loggs in , beats fusion, takes 8 weeks break :) "
"i hate you"

ICONIC
MYRMIDONS

Manatikik

Post#8 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:04 pm

mackcop wrote:Feel like the success rate needs to be tested alongside wl’s, to allow for proof. Then maybe we could get it to scale with strength instead of Int? Just my two cents.
Can't really compare because WLs fail to cast 9/10 times due to the buggy pet but when it finally goes off (after many wasted GCDs) it hits 9/10 on casters/healers and 3-4/5 times on Dps/Tanks.

Maras just need to stop trying to pull healers every time and just grab RDPS for fast kills then burn down the MDPS while a healer rezzes said RDPS.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:00 pm

tommyb23 wrote:Ah good to know, thanks.

When compared to magus's pull, it seems equivalent ability except magus gets 6 chances instead of one, so at least some action/success a good chunk of the time.

TE is a targeted pull that lets you pick and choose which target you wanted to bring back, magus rift is a 6 man rng pull that is best for rvr bombing

TE has a 2s cast time and so can be interrupted on top being desrupted but other than that it is a powerful antikite tool on a class that extreamly strong

And unlike wl fetch atleast it's not as buggy nor can it be blocked or parried and delt with by killing the pet as it tries to rush your backlines

kindred4080

Post#10 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 am

First of all you should check your prefferable debuff status ("immovable"). If it has it, don't use TE.
Secondly do not try to pull WP, 7/10 (yeah, i've tested it) it will cause disrupt (only with them i had such "issue").
Plus Tanks may save your prey by using "Hold your ground", because TE counts as spell.
Shoom - Marauder
Nobguzzlah - Black Orc
Proud member of "No Remorse" :)