Ads

Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#141 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:00 pm

^
Nork was spamming daily for months in a discord of 100 or more players. handful tested. Rest my case.

Ads
rmpl

Post#142 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 pm

I just wanted to say that this patch has finally ended my very irritating fps drops caused by cultivating. No more 10 fps during scenarios and no more restarting the game every 30 min.

Thank you.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#143 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Just exactly how were you supposed to become a tester for Gunbad? I don't remember any thread asking for massive amount of volunteers and I can't recall any massive calls for hordes of new testers needed in RoR Discord? What I remember is some/very few people occasionally asking for Heal/Tank in some after-midnight hours to join them for a 2-4 hour PvE session in the middle of night (timezones suck).

Maybe with next content release I might end up in some test party assuming it doesn't require staying up till dawn.
For that test we reached out to people who we thought would be able to get things done and they brought more (stuff like big and known guilds and so on).

anarchypark

Post#144 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:11 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
bloodi wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:It wasn't so much a call for testers as it was people being given the chance on Discord to help test, saying 'yes', and then never turning up. Though it was only a fraction of entire server population, I can't help but think it was somewhat representative as a whole.
So it was just you trying to call people out over nothing at all then, cool.

If they wanted/needed more people, they would have given a heads up on the forums, pretending we all should be in discord because "its 2018" and implying if we did things would be better is quite the reach.

...no. My point was that most of the people who had said they could commit to testing, didn't. Hence why I replied as I did to anarchypark, somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

You're right, bro. I'll desist with the derail. 95% of the community can barely play their class, so it is indeed a reach to suggest, I dunno, logging onto the game's forums or official hangout (Discord) once in a while to see what's happening. Silly me.

Maybe the devs and GMs should send personally tailored mails ingame to each individual character asking them how their day is going, and whether or not they'd be up for testing - reckon that would help at all?
there are balance forum and bugreporter. that's enough to submit feedback.
what else do u need?

maybe those protesters lost toys by nerf.
1week of crying is enough i think.
what are they trying to achieve with it, some attention? telling devs 'wrong'?

game is getting better with every patch.
some exploits are noticed and getting fixed.
I can't agree with protesters who think it's wrong.
I would rather gather more evidences and strength logic than silence protest.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Bozzax

Post#145 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
charlysixb wrote:
zumos2 wrote: Slayer has the same skill so I would assume nerfed in same way.
It is...just tested. Fades after 20 sec.
You tested wrong, its 30s and change was made weeks ago and the RDPS mirror fades in 10s, 30s is quite sufficient for mdps and allowing for multiple users to build up on scrub mobs fire and wait for a scen pop and have morales ready to go for a co ordinated spike is not acceptable to us.
Not impressed by this change and yes I'm a tad biased and salty about it.

It hurts CHP/SLY similarly to how removing armor ignore or 1600 armor debuff on other mdps would. Not gonna make a fuss about it but after playing for a while wo it I have to say it is an awful change in the armor stacking meta for classes that have build up mechanic no armor bypass, debuff, ignore or 100% undef.

my .2$
Chps typically aren't part of organized wbs
Chps sometimes are picked as 2nd assist mdps for 6v6 but tbh they are as often left out
To my knowledge no group ever was built around as chp as main dps (Ulfv may be the exception and SLYs weren't in a similar spot)
Chps are free renown in most cases 1v1 vs equal gear / player (well I am at least)

Lastly any chp/sly will most likely slot M1 absorb or immune reagardless since it is horrible wo it
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

dansari

Post#146 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Not aimed at anyone in particular -- I see a lot of choppas complaining about the current state of choppa, but not a ton of balance proposals about how to go about making the class better. I tend to agree that it doesn't perform as good as Mara or Slayer, but @Bozzax the m2 lasting that long was kinda silly, and as we've seen with other changes (UF comes to mind), when something is "fixed," other changes to beef the class seem to follow.
Last edited by dansari on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Salt Factory>

Bozzax

Post#147 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Would likely agree if the class had another way of dealing with armor / avoidance (outside of stacking ws like all other classes)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

dansari

Post#148 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Bozzax wrote:Would agree if the class had another way of dealing with armor (outside of stacking ws like all other classes)
But you can stack WS quite high, can you not?
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Bozzax

Post#149 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Nod 8,57% more ws penetration compared to most other MDPS

But those classes have:
armor debuff
armor bypass abilities
penetration tactics
armor ignore abilities
penetration abilities
spirit procs

A chp in green also have ramp up time to reach other dps output. This could be softened a bit by having a M2 proc that could be preloaded. Imo never was broken since I believe it was there to smooth out weaknesses of the class.

(I don't feel you UF example very relevant tbh but lets not derail there.)

xanderous

Post#150 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 am

So i am confused, i logged onto my other character for a few minutes who was in altdorf, did not enter RVR. BV locked, i went back on to the one i was RVR'ing in that zone, got no bags, now i know white bags aren't gonna be given to everyone on a lock but i got nothing on the character, not even the little tokkens from the zone lock or the renown. So what is going on, is it dependant on simply changing characters because it looks like it is from what i can see.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer