Recent Topics

Ads

SC rewards for losers will create mindless twats

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
normanis

Re: SC rewards for losers will create mindless twats

Post#11 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:08 pm

what is bad its that i cant see where are my mates in sc dont work groups, maby lets devs work on that, and after that make discusions about level 1 join sc. also i seen ppl run into wall in sc or cap flag not near flag but on stairs below it. also desys guards are somehow freeze they dont attack oder even if oder are near. if desys go too close to oder guards they are dead meat
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#12 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Libra91 wrote:Not allow lvl 1 to play SC? Then whats the point in playing the game then? LOL
Never thought the point of WAR was allowing levels 1 to play scenarios. Honestly.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Playing SC with lvl1 is right and was possible on live.
Dying is no option.

jonspidy

Post#14 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:14 pm

1. Reducing or removing the rewards for SC's is like a doubled edged sword.. What if your team was (Lets say) all max level and you're just being outmatched by the opposing faction? Do you really think that getting NOTHING out of an SC that you and your team have put time and effort into is even worth it?
2. Ive been in SC's with rank 3 healers that put out 20k + heals (i'm sure there are those people who do afk but not everyone does) every little bit helps.
3. Denying ANY player the right to do RvR even Sc's (because SC's = RR) in a game revolving around RvR is, in my opinion just stupid.
4. The population of this game is still fairly low. Denying players the right to join SC's will also further imbalance the teams in SC's.

Maybe (in the future) there can be an afk system implemented to discourage afk players in SC's.
Sorry for ranting so much.
Cheers
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

navis

Post#15 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:17 pm

jonspidy wrote:1. Reducing or removing the rewards for SC's is like a doubled edged sword.. What if your team was (Lets say) all max level and you're just being outmatched by the opposing faction? Do you really think that getting NOTHING out of an SC that you and your team have put time and effort into is even worth it?
2. Ive been in SC's with rank 3 healers that put out 20k + heals (i'm sure there are those people who do afk but not everyone does) every little bit helps.
3. Denying ANY player the right to do RvR even Sc's (because SC's = RR) in a game revolving around RvR is, in my opinion just stupid.
4. The population of this game is still fairly low. Denying players the right to join SC's will also further imbalance the teams in SC's.

Maybe (in the future) there can be an afk system implemented to discourage afk players in SC's.
Sorry for ranting so much.
Cheers
Well my thought is just that having no reward didn't stop anyone from playing before (and the game growing too), so ...

Anyway if possible SC can be more aligned for competitive player types and those who wish to play more lazily (not a bad thing necessarily) maybe send them to the lakes for BO Scouting quests or something like that.

But for balancing the number of players in a sc that is another thing entirely and needs to be addressed by the team at the core of the Queuing system..

Anyways still really glad the whole thing is working, after all

Kaitanaroyr

Post#16 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 pm

xitroxas wrote:And if the concern is that people just come to sponge the RP, this game had at one point a deserter system. It was a buff that stayed on you until you left the starting area (thus making you killable). I do not recall if it lasted thirty seconds? Or two minutes? I'm uncertain of the duration, but if time ran out on it, you were ejected from the scenario.
Can't have that as camping in sc would just turn to get killed or get kicked and most scs revolve around camping atm.
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Telen
Suspended

Post#17 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 pm

The camping problem is a lack of matchmaking and really bad map design. Apparently the same people designed the maps for swtor and they learnt their lessons with larger maps, higher importance of bos, faster capping and multiple exits from spawn each with much quicker arrival at certain bo. War launched with too many bad scs instead of 3 or 4 solid ones.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Fun fact, there are more than one exit, people just don't look on the map. Same with RvR warcamps and their exits.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#19 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Im talking about proper separate exits like those in swtor wz. Where the enemy have to go back to mid and around to intercept. Making camping pointless as you need to be at mid to intercept from both exits. You do not get camping in swtor and the fight usually moves between the bos because of these design differences. A few war scs are better designed like Highpass Cemetary and logrins forge though where you dont get camping.

PartizanRUS

Post#20 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 pm

I support removing all rewards for losing SC, because lichers was damn plague of this game. I remember playing with my party against organized groups and every few sc there was some random retard standing afk in camp jumping on auto-clicker. I don't want to see this bullshit again, no thx. Also healers running without group, fapping on purple numbers most likely.

Noobs are getting more than enough RP when sharing kills. When devs will fix Scenario groups and their ui all will be fine.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image