Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOSEN] Siphoned Energy now relevant?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Luuca

[CHOSEN] Siphoned Energy now relevant?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:11 pm

With the advent of the "Disript Era" on RoR, is Siphoned Energy now relevant for ORvR?

Refresher:

Reasons why I believe Siphoned Energy may be a go-to ORvR tactic:
1. High disrupt rates in game currently.
2. No cooldown of procs. AFAIK no internal Cooldown either. Need to test
3. ORvR often entails a lot of kiting, the speed boost almost negates any snares.

With RR60 and decent gear, I can maintain 800 Toughness and 800 Wounds without running the Rugged Tactic. Str with pots is near to 500. This opens up the tactic slot for Siphoned Energy. Heals + speed buff in ORvR without CD looks pretty damn good even for a SnB tank.

Thoughts?

Ads
Hastykrasty

Re: [CHOSEN] Siphoned Energy now relevant?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 pm

I saw more than one chosen using it, although 800 tough is not so high.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

dansari

Post#3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Looks exactly like Avalanche, which is very good on IB. Movement speed is king in the lakes, so I think it is worth as long as it doesn't have an ICD
<Salt Factory>

Luuca

Post#4 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:24 pm

On live, 800/800/800 STR/TOUGH/WOUNDS was the balanced goal for tri-spec Chosen. I am well above 900 in RoR now and find that it's not necessary for my role in 6 mans as I am soaking guard damage and AoE and not the main focus.

If IBs are running a similar tactic, it answers a lot of questions I had about their speed and self heals.

Not too sure it would be a great fit for SCs unless you run into a ranged magic comp.

Good info. Ill test it out and report back.

Hastykrasty

Post#5 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:31 pm

yes but are you considering with or without auras?
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Skavok

Post#6 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm

its a good tactic if there is lots of BW's around otherwise its pointless. Would be nicer if proc'd from Dodge and Disrupt since i use it as an offensive tactic
Last edited by Skavok on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlysixb

Post#7 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:35 pm

The question is...does it stack with subjugator 2h proc? xD
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Luuca

Post#8 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Hastykrasty wrote:yes but are you considering with or without auras?
Not sure of the relvance of your question. Dont know any SnB Chosen not running the Toughness aura and auras cannot be stripped. I could see DF working against you in the lakes (as lackluster as it is for damage) it could break a stagger on a BW or AM while your team catches up, but other than that...?

Ads
Luuca

Post#9 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Skavok wrote:its a good tactic if there is lots of BW's around otherwise its pointless. Would be nicer if proc'd from Dodge and Disrupt since i use it as an offensive tactic
Lots of AMs out there too dotting up targets of opportunity to reduce cast times on heals as well....

Skavok

Post#10 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Luuca wrote:
Skavok wrote:its a good tactic if there is lots of BW's around otherwise its pointless. Would be nicer if proc'd from Dodge and Disrupt since i use it as an offensive tactic
Lots of AMs out there too dotting up targets of opportunity to reduce cast times on heals as well....
My last name in game is Runudown. This is the tactic i use to hunt BW's and AM's. I have used it since live.