Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOSEN] Siphoned Energy now relevant?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Skullgrin

Re: [CHOSEN] Siphoned Energy now relevant?

Post#31 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Darosh wrote: @Thar, does the proc really stack with the subjugator? :o
I thought movement related buffs strictly do not stack, regardless of the sources.
I have seen both activated at the same time via Dufftimer. It usually happens for me during keep sieges, where I generally wear a majority of Conqueror gear (the 5pc set bonus of 100 wounds helps when being bombed), switch to The Discord Tactic and Aura and then make a target of myself at the front of the keep. There is something very satisfying in watching noob casters burn themselves to death with the aura activated. :P

I can't say for certain that it is a 60% total speed increase having no objective way of measuring it, however it feels and appears to be the same speed I have when mounted - which is a 60% increase. It also looks to be the same speed that you had with the old water dismount bug, which kept you moving at mounted speed after being knocked off your mount in water. All I know is that it allows me to move around quickly to kill people attacking the ram, and has allowed me to run from sudden oil drops that otherwise would have killed me. Oh, and its nice for catching order guys trying to reinforce the keep thru the postern.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Arconnn

Post#32 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 pm

I mean, it gives you the option to run the parry 2h from epic quest instead of movement speed, you'll sacrifice the 15% crit when using a 2h but since you get 20-30% crit from your group crippling strikes should maintain a good uptime (maybe you could drop 10% reduced chance to be crit with good gear? idk )
this also means you can spec for oppression at rr50 which is alright for rvr
I'm going to use it for rvr, not good for 6v6 and i'd probably not run it for sc's (in which case I'd be running the crit just for extra damage) or even toughness
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Darosh
Banned

Post#33 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Skullgrin wrote:
Spoiler:
Darosh wrote: @Thar, does the proc really stack with the subjugator? :o
I thought movement related buffs strictly do not stack, regardless of the sources.
I have seen both activated at the same time via Dufftimer. It usually happens for me during keep sieges, where I generally wear a majority of Conqueror gear (the 5pc set bonus of 100 wounds helps when being bombed), switch to The Discord Tactic and Aura and then make a target of myself at the front of the keep. There is something very satisfying in watching noob casters burn themselves to death with the aura activated. :P

I can't say for certain that it is a 60% total speed increase having no objective way of measuring it, however it feels and appears to be the same speed I have when mounted - which is a 60% increase. It also looks to be the same speed that you had with the old water dismount bug, which kept you moving at mounted speed after being knocked off your mount in water. All I know is that it allows me to move around quickly to kill people attacking the ram, and has allowed me to run from sudden oil drops that otherwise would have killed me. Oh, and its nice for catching order guys trying to reinforce the keep thru the postern.
Thats quite interesting. Might be worth testing it with QE, too ~ I sadly lack the 2h Subjugator on my IB.

As to testing it properly, chances are there are NPCs with magic based skills ~ that'd do, I think, now... it's just a matter of finding them. .-.
Wtb statdolls, dummies and such or a cut-down /duel function for these kind of tests.

Sure enough, the efficiency scales with the number of literal derps around.

Tesq

Post#34 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:03 pm

i ran it with with QE and it didnt stack, unless some ninja changes serverside(?)

Darosh
Banned

Post#35 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Tesq wrote:i ran it with with QE and it didnt stack, unless some ninja changes serverside(?)
That boggled my mind, too. Movement related buffs didn't use to stack, but chances are something got changed. Well, testing Subjugator and QE should be a tad easier than QE/Subjugator and SE/Avalanche.

Abbd.:
Note, it still might not allow to conclude whether these three sources stack with every other instance. SE/Avalanche might stack with Subjugator - as per Thar's experience -, whereas QE might stack with nothing, or vice versa.