Recent Topics

Ads

Some ideas how to improve SORCs

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bozzax

Some ideas how to improve SORCs

Post#1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 pm

I'd like to ask you SORCs (and BWs) how you feel about the following tweaks to the SORC class.

1. GoN restored to pulsing DD and PROC-ing, moved to 13pts
2. Absorb Vitality dropped to 5pts and CD lowered to 10s
3. Artic Blast CD removed

What would be the reason for doing this?
  • Gently buff the AOE capabilities a notch since the classical IW spam setup has been disabled. PROCS all have ICDs now, so I don't think it will be excessive
  • Moving GoN to 13 pts would also have a nice side effect. The experience for solo SORCs would improve as a result of easier access to AV. (Sear life taps pretty much provides the same for BWs). AV being cleansable in my opinion do warrant CD being lowered to 10s even if you can bury it for better efficiency
  • The removal of ABs cool down would make SORC-rotations a bit less clunky and eliminates the need to incorporate 3s casts
To my understanding these changes would not be an over buff but instead sand of the rough edges on the SORC (that it has compared to BW).

So if this don't get locked for being balancing I'd like to get some feedback and maybe push it on to balancing forum.

If it is inappropriate feel free to lock it or move it.
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
lastalien

Re: Some ideas how to improve SORCs

Post#2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:45 pm

You need make some love with SH or may be Magus, but not Sorc. Sorc is ok :)
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Cast time on Arctic Blast reduced to 1s. Keep the CD no one gets a spamable ranged snare.

zumos2

Post#4 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Telen wrote:Cast time on Arctic Blast reduced to 1s. Keep the CD no one gets a spamable ranged snare.
Try SH with Covenant of Celerity
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Stinkyweed

Post#5 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:56 pm

lastalien wrote:You need make some love with SH or may be Magus, but not Sorc. Sorc is ok :)
mmmmm...Squig herder love

Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Bozzax

Post#6 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Why not keep SH stuff out of DE sub forum please?

Regarding a spam snare ... well anything ST on a 2s stationary cast is hardly a spam ability. Especially when you are a renown pinata in cloth

Personally I don’t mind the 2s cast much but do think BW having much better fillers in 1,5s FBs and Pyroclastic Surge (no CD)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7