Recent Topics

Ads

Latest patch and RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Re: Latest patch and RvR

Post#41 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Yaliskah wrote:
Joshwa70 wrote:Yes much worse. All the people saying that fresh characters shouldn't be able to earn end game gear sure did take advantage of it when they could. Nothing to do but farm pve until you are 40.
Thats why i started a zealot last friday. 17/30, top geared to his level, nice RvR moments, intersting Scs, lot of white bags, lot of RPs/XP/INF. So... what is the issue exactly? You don't have your conq stuff? Who care? you can't equip it...
I get why you want low level toons to play through the game and appreciate each armor tier, but I hope you also see the benefit in the ability for players who are "as strong as a level 40" to be able to obtain gear that a level 40 can equip. It's not really about acquiring gear that you can obtain for your level; it's about getting a jumpstart on the "best" gear in the game because there is no up-convert into conqueror.

Edit: Not to mention how frustrating as a player it must feel to receive 5 officer medallions (or 5 soldier) in a coveted gold bag, which is the equivalent of killing one player (or 1/5 of one player), whereas a conqueror piece like shoulders or chest bypasses days to weeks of conq medallion attainment.
Last edited by dansari on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Loalatal

Post#42 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 pm

What this change has done, at least in my opinion, is made the "optimal" way to progress simply to power level i.e. Grind mobs until hitting level 32. From there play SC only since there you (arnt penalized or are privileged, depending on how you see it) for being low rr. By this I mean you still get the same currency as those who are RR 80. Therefore when you do hit rr 41 you can already start buying dominator gear. Very much like how the old rvr worked before the change. Because of this, I see either this way of play being changed (I hope not) or some of the rvr will have to be changed back or to something similar. As of right now, being optimization driven, this has made rvr much less fun for me while leveling even though I really enjoy rvr.

CountTalabecland

Post#43 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 pm

My recent experience on my Slayer alt was that T1 is pretty lively, thus allowing me to be rr24 by the time I hit merged tier. From there, joining wbs in orvr while not expecting much out of it other than the rr tick at the keep and at zone lock made getting to rr 25 take a mere couple hours of orvr (even if I get insta-exploded if a rdps even glances at me).

Getting the rest of the way to rank 32 and rr 30 doesn't seem that daunting and I intend to stop and get ruin gear. On my main I was already r 40 rr50 by the time conq came out, and even then I've only ever gotten one piece out of a gold bag and had to grind for the 3 others I have. SO I don't really feel bad that low levels can't get conq pieces from rank 16 anymore.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Joshwa70

Post#44 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:57 pm

But the point is you can't even start the grind till you are 40. Start.....

Akilinus

Post#45 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 am

Joshwa70 wrote:But the point is you can't even start the grind till you are 40. Start.....
Tell me one mmo rpg where you can get BiS end game gear without being max lvl
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Raggaz

Post#46 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:16 am

Joshwa70 wrote:Yes much worse. All the people saying that fresh characters shouldn't be able to earn end game gear sure did take advantage of it when they could. Nothing to do but farm pve until you are 40.
Do you have any idea what youre talking about?
Or do words just come out when you type letters?

Joshwa70

Post#47 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:36 am

Well other mmo aren't what is being discussed but an example of getting currency before you could use it would be warhammer online. You could get royal crests at any level.
Either way there will be more people farming pve. That is a fact. Then there will be less people in the rvr zone...fact. that means less action for rvr lovers. If you think that is good more power to you. I guess you are tired of dieing to bolstered wh and we.
These people getting their gear was not slowing down your progression in anybway. You still rolled poorly whether a 25 choppa got a gold bag or not. Now with less people that is less kills...which will slow your progress. Well done.

Akilinus

Post#48 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:05 am

Joshwa70 wrote:Well other mmo aren't what is being discussed but an example of getting currency before you could use it would be warhammer online. You could get royal crests at any level.
Either way there will be more people farming pve. That is a fact. Then there will be less people in the rvr zone...fact. that means less action for rvr lovers. If you think that is good more power to you. I guess you are tired of dieing to bolstered wh and we.
These people getting their gear was not slowing down your progression in anybway. You still rolled poorly whether a 25 choppa got a gold bag or not. Now with less people that is less kills...which will slow your progress. Well done.
You still get rr which is almost a bigget deal than gear. And people were already farming pve since the xp frorm rvr is terrible
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#49 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:12 am

Joshwa70 wrote:Well other mmo aren't what is being discussed but an example of getting currency before you could use it would be warhammer online. You could get royal crests at any level.
So the population-induced serverlag today was a figment of my imagination, gotcha.

I don't see the issue with the changes to loot, once you get to level 40 with a toon you'll have an easier time gearing it up than all the folks (read: pugs) had up until this point, as medallions are handed out in bulk for literally everything except guarding the mailbox, bag rolls can be properly accounted for and estimated, some conq pieces now drop from kills afaik ~ all the while literally nothing has changed in regards to how easy it is to grind BiS gear via pugfarm.

-snip; Broken record about pugVgroup and how little BiS gear matters effectively-

Please, consult the spoiler in my signature ~ try to aim and drop your tears on it.