Fallenkezef wrote:Dev's play both factions
I play only order.
Roleplayer.

Ads
Nirawen

Re: Patch Notes 9/02/18

Post#72 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Nirawen wrote:Not impossible :) this morning from the start on the zone, lot of kill in group guild ... shabby reward lol
There is a thread for that. Post like this add nothing.
Sorry but frankly Posted to have the rewards with the information to have them at the next reboot no thank you ... it becomes really complicated your thing why change?

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#73 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Nirawen wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
Nirawen wrote:Not impossible :) this morning from the start on the zone, lot of kill in group guild ... shabby reward lol
There is a thread for that. Post like this add nothing.
Sorry but frankly Posted to have the rewards with the information to have them at the next reboot no thank you ... it becomes really complicated your thing why change?
You missed the point... the purpose is not to give you rewards... it is to find issues and solve it...

Nirawen

Post#74 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm

I do not understand some time ago it works very well, no problem ... seriously I do not understand you change things that work well and after it's completely rotten lol

why want to change everything absolutely and every week ???

In the end, it could be that nothing had to be changed, classes, pvp. The game was developing properly, the players happy, since you started to touch classes, morals, rvr, already we get lost, we do not even know what works or not lol, balance is your balance.

So yes I know Alpha, the work frankly on the whole nothing to say except on may be a few classes. But the open some time ago, there was no problem but you definitely want to put that in your sauce in the end ... look at the result.
I try to explain, watch in game, the remarks of the players etc.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#75 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:Dev's play both factions
I play only order.
Order bias!

I was referring to devs as a whole :p
Yup and I play only destro :D and apart from me and Harg who exclusively play one faction I know a lot of staff play on both factions. So overall there is devs playing on both factions and there is very little bias when it comes to the factions, that said it is hard to balance a game where there are no exact mirrors and the population seems slightly sceewed at times

Noergl

Post#76 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Nirawen wrote:In the end, it could be that nothing had to be changed, classes, pvp. The game was developing properly, the players happy, since you started to touch classes, morals, rvr, already we get lost, we do not even know what works or not lol, balance is your balance.
May i ask wether you play a tank or a healer in rvr? And you really think the reward system "worked well" for all classes?
If so, youre experience is slightly different than mine.

And "developing " means to try things and enhance the experience and results in the long run. You cant do that solely on paper, you have to test things, tweak things and keep the stuff that is working.

It was stated again and again, this is an alpha project, things will change, always.... this is no finished project that will fall into a coma at its present stage.... and thank you devs for that!
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Fallenkezef

Post#77 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Natherul wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
I play only order.
Order bias!

I was referring to devs as a whole :p
Yup and I play only destro :D and apart from me and Harg who exclusively play one faction I know a lot of staff play on both factions. So overall there is devs playing on both factions and there is very little bias when it comes to the factions, that said it is hard to balance a game where there are no exact mirrors and the population seems slightly sceewed at times
You can balance by mirrowing classes (world of warcraft for example) or balance by shared game mechanics.

I curse mythic for trying to do both at the same time.
Alea iacta est

dansari

Post#78 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I wouldn't enjoy mirrored classes and I'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't either.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#79 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Noergl wrote:
Nirawen wrote:In the end, it could be that nothing had to be changed, classes, pvp. The game was developing properly, the players happy, since you started to touch classes, morals, rvr, already we get lost, we do not even know what works or not lol, balance is your balance.
May i ask wether you play a tank or a healer in rvr? And you really think the reward system "worked well" for all classes?

And "developing " means to try things and enhance the experience and results in the long run. You cant do that solely on paper, you have to test things, tweak things and keep the stuff that is working.

It was stated again and again, this is an alpha project, things will change, always.... this is no finished project that will fall into a coma at its present stage.... and thank you devs for that!
In every iteration of RvR, competent healers in competent groups with very good DPS were usually among the first to gear up. Don't expect nada if you're grouped with dps who spam dots and, thus, net no real contribution from doing so.

I don't mind the current RvR system, but genuinely feel a large part of the complaints of previous RvR system simply stemmed from bad/nonoptimal play. Shoot me for saying so.

Fallenkezef

Post#80 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:36 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Noergl wrote:

In every iteration of RvR, competent healers in competent groups with very good DPS were usually among the first to gear up. Don't expect nada if you're grouped with dps who spam dots and, thus, net no real contribution from doing so.

I don't mind the current RvR system, but genuinely feel a large part of the complaints of previous RvR system simply stemmed from bad/nonoptimal play. Shoot me for saying so.
Congratulations you fool! You have damned us all by posting something I agree with, now we are all doomed! Us agreeing is one of the first signs of the apocalypse
Alea iacta est