Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 9/02/18

Post#81 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Noergl wrote:
May i ask wether you play a tank or a healer in rvr? And you really think the reward system "worked well" for all classes?
If so, youre experience is slightly different than mine.

And "developing " means to try things and enhance the experience and results in the long run. You cant do that solely on paper, you have to test things, tweak things and keep the stuff that is working.

It was stated again and again, this is an alpha project, things will change, always.... this is no finished project that will fall into a coma at its present stage.... and thank you devs for that!
In every iteration of RvR, competent healers in competent groups with very good DPS were usually among the first to gear up. Don't expect nada if you're grouped with dps who spam dots and, thus, net no real contribution from doing so.

I don't mind the current RvR system, but genuinely feel a large part of the complaints of previous RvR system simply stemmed from bad/nonoptimal play. Shoot me for saying so.
Congratulations you fool! You have damned us all by posting something I agree with, now we are all doomed! Us agreeing is one of the first signs of the apocalypse

Ads
Lanillis

Post#82 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 pm

I am absolutely fine with any renown gains schematics. The whole point is to avoid at all costs the main issue that we had on live: the huge gap between a new 1-2 month player and anorher who played for 2 years for example.

- RR gain should decrease by a certain % as a player gets closer and closer to 80.
- Moreover, since all tiers are destro dominated (to a specific extent) many people swap factions just because it’s easier. Even if I played only order on live, here I am considering swapping to destro. The AAO should, in theory, gives a bonus to the outnumbered faction however in practice this isn’t fulfilling its purpose.
- I totally understand that is important to play in groups, warbands to get a loot in RVR... but sometimes people crash and I see that the 1 min or two minute “don’t kick him, he crashed” was totally eliminated. The user ends up playing solo in these circumstances.
- At least on the order side I do not know if there is at least 1 guild that could output a warband and solo-ing is not fun at all.

Anyway, it’s awesome that some people revived in a form or other this wonderful game.

diedrake

Post#83 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 am

Nice changes to the pet :D
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Darks63

Post#84 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:52 am

Lanillis wrote: - I totally understand that is important to play in groups, warbands to get a loot in RVR... but sometimes people crash and I see that the 1 min or two minute “don’t kick him, he crashed” was totally eliminated. The user ends up playing solo in these circumstances.

Anyway, it’s awesome that some people revived in a form or other this wonderful game.
That one thing i wish would be changed I liked the grace period when you DCed on live. Here if the WB was full when you crashed your usually sol in getting back in.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Aurandilaz

Post#85 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm

If targeted aoe means 100% dmg to the pet, will the new splash dmg be something like 50% or 25% or 10% or it variable that changes according to some criteria?
Also does this include taking full hit from morals, or if the moral is "splash", would the pet take less dmg?

Valfaros

Post#86 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:If targeted aoe means 100% dmg to the pet, will the new splash dmg be something like 50% or 25% or 10% or it variable that changes according to some criteria?
Also does this include taking full hit from morals, or if the moral is "splash", would the pet take less dmg?
Pet recieves now something between 10-20% AoE "splash" dmg based on how much I dmg them with my meele squig. Makes it quite a pain to kill them as aoe class but it's very good that they can be cc'd again.

anarchypark

Post#87 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Natherul wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
I play only order.
Order bias!

I was referring to devs as a whole :p
Yup and I play only destro :D and apart from me and Harg who exclusively play one faction I know a lot of staff play on both factions. So overall there is devs playing on both factions and there is very little bias when it comes to the factions, that said it is hard to balance a game where there are no exact mirrors and the population seems slightly sceewed at times
no way. you are missing half the contents!
try it, it's greener.
Darks63 wrote:
Lanillis wrote: - I totally understand that is important to play in groups, warbands to get a loot in RVR... but sometimes people crash and I see that the 1 min or two minute “don’t kick him, he crashed” was totally eliminated. The user ends up playing solo in these circumstances.

That one thing i wish would be changed I liked the grace period when you DCed on live. Here if the WB was full when you crashed your usually sol in getting back in.
alternatively, make overflow and help the main wb.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

lastalien

Post#88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Need 360 degrees TB success :)
destro enough cried

Good patch.
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Ads
Tesq

Post#89 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:56 pm

imo pet are hard to deal with if they are considered into the 9 cap of the aoe, idk if it still the case because i may have miss some stuff around lately but when you focus aoe on a spot and you have pet in the way they just act as a life saver or a dmg spread, if it would be possible pets when hit by aoe skill that can hit em (per patch) should not count towards the aoe skill cap; that way even by taking reduced dmg they will not act all the time as a dmg reduction for the user (since anyway group heals also heal pets..)

Cuz if they act as a target regarding the skill target cap and they also get reduced dmg then they are basically acting as dmg reduction skill (100% of the time)
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scrilian

Post#90 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 am

Idk if this was ever clarified or not, but do the range-damage restrictions apply to SH pets same way those apply to WLs, i.e. dealing full damage when near player, half at 30ft and zero at 60ft away from player?
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)