Recent Topics

Ads

RVR loot pre-forty

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: RVR loot pre-forty

Post#11 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:33 am

Anshard wrote:
Torquemadra wrote: If you have a clue, and are geared appropriately to your level, you are more than competitive with a level 48 bolster, 31+ is where you training wheels come off and you have to work for a living and still its not hard to pick up ruin or even anni or merc with their lowered costs.

Dont mistake losing for a gear gap, there are people who will kick your ass naked all day long on this server.
I am just going to back out of this now. It is clear the guys working on this believe strongly in the current approach. However, I will leave with a single screenshot taken in just the time this discussion has been going on. I may not have a clue, and I may not know what to do when my 'training wheels' come off (not like it was much different before 31), but not believing what I am saying doesn't change the below reaction I see every day in game (because it seems like everyone ELSE believes this issue is present):

https://imgur.com/a/GP0DJ
I was in that WB earlier on a 23 RP when it was full as the only healer except a ~32 level WP with a 2H complaining about how it wasn't going to be effective as a fighting force without more heals. When I was ignored for long enough I left.

No one in that WB had a clue. He was right to try and reform it. He would have been better of filling empty spots with healers, regardless of level, before he started kicking people though. Of course he could have just been saying that to be nice because he just wanted to kick some people who were wastes of a spot.

Either way, I have never seen anyone talk about kicking people because of a low level.

Ads
Draugris

Post#12 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 am

Anshard wrote:Found out a serious bummer today. While I was aware of the orvr loot tiers from gold bags, which was posted a few patches back, I was hoping, like live, that it was only relevant when you *opened* the bag. Apparently that is not the case.
Live will get better with RR 41, then you get conq medals, gear where you can work to etc in bags. But even then you will be on the end of the food chain and somebody with RR50+ will have a big advantage against you. The problem is if with RR<41 you have full annihilator you will nevertheless only collect officer meds which you don´t really need anymore, of course you buy some pots for them but that´s about it. But anyway the system how it is now overall i think is better than the old one.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Fallenkezef

Post#13 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:59 am

Just stop doing rvr.

There is honestly no real reason to do rvr below level 40 right now. I have found this, just gind pq's and sc's till you get to 40/41 then hit the rvr.

I do not think under 40's should be getting conq medals or subjugator gear, however the reward system for under 40's doesn't pay off. By the time you get a low level gear set with current drop rates on gold bags you'll out level that set before completing it.
Alea iacta est

Smellybelly

Post#14 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 am

It is somewhat relevant though, having just rerolled another lowbie toon i dont feel particularly inclined to play in rvr AT ALL. I just wanna do sc to keep my rr up while grinding pqs for xp. Maybe some rvr for influence but...other then that, why bother? :S

Smellybelly

Post#15 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:42 am

I mean, moving lowbies to T4 rvr due to population issues was a very good move. You basically revived RVR in a brilliant way. But removing the reason to go to the zones in the first place is....wow, why? The progression will still be ahead of you. So what if you have won 1 or maybe 2 conq pieces when you ding 40? Thats not gonna make you stop playing, quite the opposite. You have something you really look forward to.

Fallenkezef

Post#16 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 am

Smellybelly wrote:It is somewhat relevant though, having just rerolled another lowbie toon i dont feel particularly inclined to play in rvr AT ALL. I just wanna do sc to keep my rr up while grinding pqs for xp. Maybe some rvr for influence but...other then that, why bother? :S
Exactly what I found. Currently 25/31, not touched rvr since r18. The renown greens are all you need for the grind. I only play a few hours a night due to r/l so i can comfortably grind at least a level a day, which is impossible in rvr anyway due to the low exp rewards.

By the time I ht 40/41 I should have full ruin and getting anni will only take a day or two of hard rvr grinding.

The staff have made a very good move in removing end game gear from access to lowbie but in doing so without proper incentives, removed the reason for those lowbies to do rvr at all.
Alea iacta est

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 am

On my 35/35 WE get hit for 2000+ dmg on regular basis due to not having acess to apropiate gear for t4. And it's not only BW, it's Engies, Slayers, WH etz. Jeez a WL used 2 abilties on me and killed me yesterday. TWO. I'm currently using Devastator and 29 scenarios weapons as that is my BiS options atm. I'm not sure the "bolster" thing is working proberly. It's deffintly punishing low rr players. I have enough of emblems and medalions to start using and buying the gear in my level range but can't convert currecny for it. My only choise atm is grind Ruin wich will put me even more XP ahead.

Draugris

Post#18 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:57 am

roadkillrobin wrote:Jeez a WL used 2 abilties on me and killed me yesterday.
At least that will stay that way, you won´t die during 2 abilities but pretty much during the knockdown if you did not get the jump on him first. So get used to it :mrgreen:
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
szejoza

Post#19 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:03 am

Wait, so conqueror medallion drops and seals of paragon/exemplar are no longer an incentive to do orvr as lowbies?

Lowbies can still gear towards endgame but not in an easy way of accumulating bags, and that is fine. All I see is whine about removing the easy way of getting it
Spoiler:

Fallenkezef

Post#20 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:26 am

szejoza wrote:Wait, so conqueror medallion drops and seals of paragon/exemplar are no longer an incentive to do orvr as lowbies?

Lowbies can still gear towards endgame but not in an easy way of accumulating bags, and that is fine. All I see is whine about removing the easy way of getting it
There is an element of that, which is stupid. Rank 24 should not be able to get conq medals or subjugator kit.

The thing is there is no real replacement. Gold bags contain one piece of gear equal to your current level or 5 medals. With the SAME drop rate of bags as you get at 40.

Now you dont mind one piece of conq every week but at low levels you have outranked a set before you can get chance to complete it.

This is the issue I have, there is just no reason to do rvr before 40. I dont have a problem with this on a personal level, will just grind sc's and pq's till I hit 40/41.

However it does present some ling-tern problems to the numbers in the lakes if most players under 40 stop doing rvr
Alea iacta est