Recent Topics

Ads

RVR loot pre-forty

Let's talk about... everything else
Anshard

Re: RVR loot pre-forty

Post#21 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 am

szejoza wrote:Wait, so conqueror medallion drops and seals of paragon/exemplar are no longer an incentive to do orvr as lowbies?

Lowbies can still gear towards endgame but not in an easy way of accumulating bags, and that is fine. All I see is whine about removing the easy way of getting it
Sometimes words just won't suffice for this kind of comment.

Ads
szejoza

Post#22 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 am

Then read more books if you can't find the words

All you are asked for is getting 40/41 before enjoying easy as hell system to get conqueror. Is it much? Or should we go back to the times when there was no personal bag rolls? Think for a second if you are capable of that and compare the two systems, the very old one with exact number of bags per zone lock and the new with the personal rolls.

If you can't see how easy it has become to get gear then you are a lost cause
Spoiler:

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 am

I'd maybe set the bar to 30/30, where you can start earning Conq medals and endgame bags, because that's where you have finished your Deva most likely, and are then looking for next gear sets. Also as said, training wheels become off because at 31 you enter T4 sc queue where the pro boibands are used to 2-3 shotting sub 40 lowbies as target practice. Beginning to earn Conq emblems and Conq medals at that point would help a lot, as it would allow players to gain Anni/Merc by the time they actually have levels to wear it, then equip it, and still have 3-5 months ahead of them before they reach full Conq/Domi gears.

Maybe something like
11/11, start earning Scouts rewards
20/20, start earning Soldiers rewards
25/25, Officers rewards
30/30, start earning Conq rewards, Subjus+Genesis

XP is quite slow from doing RvR only, and Scs can be random good gain or bad gaining depending on winning or losing streaks, mostly depending on what your side queues with on that day. So you are somewhat lured to the world of PQs (which are nice), but also tend to leave your RR behind as the XP is being grinded.

I mean it doesn't have to become too ezmode, but neither should be it overly harsh on lowbies making their way towards endgame, so some lowering of the bar when it comes to real endgame start would be lovely.

Snagnat

Post#24 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:00 am

As soon as tier X can be equipped, by level, the next tier should start dropping. No RR requirement on the drops either I think. The RR requirement to wear is enough. If people grind pve up to level 40 and has RR 1, the punishment is already there as they wont be able to wear it until the correct RR. For an example, at level 29 you can wear full Devastator. At that point Annihilator should start dropping. At 35 you can wear full annihilator, so on to Conqueror and end game stuff. Personally I don't care about progression. If it was up to me, levelling would be optional.

Fallenkezef

Post#25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:04 am

Well Torque said, regarding rank31 "the training wheels come off" so maybe 31 is a better cut off point.

However we are getting sidetracked bu the whiners wanting endgame gear at rank 16. Such people should be mocked or ignored.

What we need is a system that gives rank 16 to 30 a reason to do rvr, which just does not exist currently.
Alea iacta est

Aurandilaz

Post#26 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:10 am

What would also be interesting option, the Ward system from live, that you unlock Wards when equipping gear sets.
Say, you get Ward 1 when equipping Obli/Challenger/Havoc gear set in full, this allows you to earn towards Ward 2 which is unlocked by gaining full Deva/Duelist/Mayhem, which then allows progression towards Ward 3 Anni/Merc/Ruin, which enables progression towards Ward 4 Conq/Domi/Onslaught.... maybe in 2 weeks with the patcher :P

Sulorie

Post#27 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:12 am

The conversion barrier of rr40 to use conq currency to get officer looks good to me, as anyone doing actively pvp is rr40 by the time they make rank 34-35.
Having said that, rvr is only worth for low ranks to get good rp, if you have aao and a roaming group and this is what I don't like so much.
Gear wise rvr is not totally pointless, because you need some conq currency drops to convert them for anni set, if this is your gear of choice but after this point all you can do is getting more random currency drops but no gear.
Dying is no option.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#28 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:13 am

I do not care, I get what I need regardless of the effort, but I have the impression that now the player will pile a lot of useless medals until he can reach the endgame level and start to pile up what really matters. It seems the best way to discourage new and old players to make new characters.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#29 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 am

you think lvl20s getting top end gear was normal?
is there any other game that allows it?

you are not the only low lvl in the zone full of BiS players. as low lvl, you need to play like low lvl. position well to avoid hot zone. don't play like you are BiS rr80.

before the change, low tiers were empty anyway. you lost nothing.
you got option to play t4 with bolster.
no one forces you.

if you don't like orvr lvling, go PvE.
what, you can't PL anymore?
2week 40/40 conq toon, is that what you want?

it's already free game. how much more 'free' do you want?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Unamun

Post#30 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:56 am

Why are you all crying about this? Gear in this version of the game is super easy to get. RR is even easier than it was on live.
Before the changes to the bags, i had zero conq gear. Now i have the full set.
TBH getting gear is too easy. Put in the time/effort to get the gear. Damn millennials always expecting to be spoon fed and get the best gear immediately when they reach 40.