Recent Topics

Ads

Genenis four level after? Why?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfinnete
Banned

Genenis four level after? Why?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm

- Conqueror, genesis and subjugator gear will now drop only for players with Rank 40 and Renown Rank 41

I do not know if that has already changed ...

Genesis, a set of jewelry and cover that equips in Level 36. It does not seem very correct to start participating in the bag rolls four levels after.

In the others I not have much to criticize, even though I think that the motivation to arrive at the endgame has diminished I think at least Genesis should be rethought.

Ty and try not rude. ;)

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Genenis four level after? Why?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Because that's the appropriate power level/bracket for the jewelry set. Who cares really if it has a minrank of 36 to equip it. It's only driving people with OCD crazy, and that's fine.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Nameless

Post#3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:16 pm

The thing is that even if u have some of that gear at lower lvl u cant use it but when u reach the req lvl u will cut tru the power gap much easier and less painfull.

I had some genesis and conq gear pre changes and now at lvl 40 I still feel pretty hard the power gap so I cant imagine what should be without them.

Imo that change discourage lower lvl orvr and make the power gap curve harder to climb, like much harder
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Akalukz

Post#4 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Why not just put renown restrictions on the drop instead of lvl / renown.
-= Agony =-

Fallenkezef

Post#5 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:59 pm

Not sure its a big deal to be honest, genesis is endgame gear and endgame is now 40/41.

Ive found the bag drops in the 31-39 range are pretty good tbh
Alea iacta est

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:04 pm

It's kinda meh. Sure it makes sense that only +40s get endgame rewards... but I grinded another alt to mid 30s, finished Anni. Then only to realize I need to get from 35 to 40 before I can even start earning rewards for next gear. And realized that any bags I get from RvR will only drop gear that is below my current level and the stuff I want is behind that rank 40 barrier.
So there is a confusing gap. I'll survive getting another alt to 40, but for new players I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it can be.

Fallenkezef

Post#7 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:It's kinda meh. Sure it makes sense that only +40s get endgame rewards... but I grinded another alt to mid 30s, finished Anni. Then only to realize I need to get from 35 to 40 before I can even start earning rewards for next gear. And realized that any bags I get from RvR will only drop gear that is below my current level and the stuff I want is behind that rank 40 barrier.
So there is a confusing gap. I'll survive getting another alt to 40, but for new players I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it can be.
I have not found it to bad, the key is keeping rr up. My Chosen is 35/39 got full anni/merc and the rr34 SC wep so it's no feeling like a problem. 31 to 35 was a bit of a grind but not frustratingly so
Alea iacta est

tiarna

Post#8 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 am

after a long time to finish gear on my main 2 toon, i try to level my other toon lvl 30 around.. but there is something wrong with bag reward..

i have to fight with people geared up, with no way to have a decent equip until 40/50.
i cant take any genesys subj conqueror and other set item until 40/41.. then there is no sense for me to play orvr.. because this isnt fun.. and there is absolutely no reward in doing this (take care, i dont play for reward.. but at least this can help to gear up my toon in a reasonable time)

pay attention.. this is on the way to 40/41.. but the real problem start at this rank..

at rank 40/41.. im not geared at all.. and have to FARM orvr all the day always ungearead starting to take something good but at a very very very VERY low rate.. and after i take 1 or 2 pieces.. the nightmare of duplicate item start..

i have experience of this, because my main 40/55 and 40/53 have tons of duplicate and always miss a subj shield or a genesys token.. while i have for istance 10 subj mantle or 20 tokens that i dont need.

dev insert too a minimum requirement renown rank to convert medallion and emblem.. making gear up more difficult than before, because u cant convert higher medal/emblem until you have an higher renown.. another thing that slow your toon progression.

honestly, the game core is RVR in anyform.. but i think you need too much time to build your toon, and in my opinion we need a revamp.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:04 am

tiarna wrote:after a long time to finish gear on my main 2 toon, i try to level my other toon lvl 30 around.. but there is something wrong with bag reward..

i have to fight with people geared up, with no way to have a decent equip until 40/50.
i cant take any genesys subj conqueror and other set item until 40/41.. then there is no sense for me to play orvr.. because this isnt fun.. and there is absolutely no reward in doing this (take care, i dont play for reward.. but at least this can help to gear up my toon in a reasonable time)

pay attention.. this is on the way to 40/41.. but the real problem start at this rank..

at rank 40/41.. im not geared at all.. and have to FARM orvr all the day always ungearead starting to take something good but at a very very very VERY low rate.. and after i take 1 or 2 pieces.. the nightmare of duplicate item start..

i have experience of this, because my main 40/55 and 40/53 have tons of duplicate and always miss a subj shield or a genesys token.. while i have for istance 10 subj mantle or 20 tokens that i dont need.

dev insert too a minimum requirement renown rank to convert medallion and emblem.. making gear up more difficult than before, because u cant convert higher medal/emblem until you have an higher renown.. another thing that slow your toon progression.

honestly, the game core is RVR in anyform.. but i think you need too much time to build your toon, and in my opinion we need a revamp.
My Chosen is 40/42, so far after 4 serious post-41 RVR's I've gained one blue bag and postive contrib on the other 3 non-bag results.

In SC's I'm dead weight against leveled and equipped toons with their dom/conq but that's small level. In RvR it's about the zerg, gear does not actualy matter.

The small roaming groups gank people on their own or afks on bo's while avoiding the zerg. The main wb's wander from bo to bo untill they have local superiority in numbers to overwhelm opposing groups till the siege and resulting overun.

So i do not see the issue, do rvr in the zerg till you gear up and/or the devs finaly figure out a way to create rvr that is balanced. I've seen opposing zergs actively avoiding each other to hoover up wb's and bo's not in the other side's blob.
Alea iacta est

tiarna

Post#10 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 am

Fallenkezef wrote:
tiarna wrote:after a long time to finish gear on my main 2 toon, i try to level my other toon lvl 30 around.. but there is something wrong with bag reward..

My Chosen is 40/42, so far after 4 serious post-41 RVR's I've gained one blue bag and postive contrib on the other 3 non-bag results.

In SC's I'm dead weight against leveled and equipped toons with their dom/conq but that's small level. In RvR it's about the zerg, gear does not actualy matter.

The small roaming groups gank people on their own or afks on bo's while avoiding the zerg. The main wb's wander from bo to bo untill they have local superiority in numbers to overwhelm opposing groups till the siege and resulting overun.

So i do not see the issue, do rvr in the zerg till you gear up and/or the devs finaly figure out a way to create rvr that is balanced. I've seen opposing zergs actively avoiding each other to hoover up wb's and bo's not in the other side's blob.
you do not see the issue? the rvr balance is another problem, the game cant be only do rvr in the zerg till you gear.. because the time to gear after the recent change is 2x or 3x the previous time.

i dont know in what direction the devs go, but not all the people have months to gear up.