Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Contribution

Post#1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:12 pm

As you may or may not know we changed contribution a little while back and we are now at a stage where we feel confident that it works well enough to tell you all what gives contribution.
We will not reveal how much each thing adds to your contribution or how its weighted at this moment but it should give you a rough idea on what to do in the lakes to be contributing.

Also please note that its been running for a few weeks now with reporting values to us so we have made adjustments accordingly and will continue to do so as needed.

Ads
Kragg

Re: Contribution

Post#2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:14 pm

in short; play the game!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Akalukz

Post#3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Good stuff
-= Agony =-

Theseus

Post#4 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:25 pm

What exactly does guild investments mean? Gold investments in a keep?
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Theseus wrote:What exactly does guild investments mean? Gold investments in a keep?
That will be revealed in the future :D Its just a hint for things to come

Spacecraft

Post#6 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 pm

I noticed an accelerated rate of gain conq medals with rvr changes. Is your plan to have everyone in uper tier gear then release the next set or have everyone basically the same and balance from there? I dont mind it i rather have everyone on same power level to test skill level not feel overpowered and such.

Thanks

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Spacecraft wrote:I noticed an accelerated rate of gain conq medals with rvr changes. Is your plan to have everyone in uper tier gear then release the next set or have everyone basically the same and balance from there? I dont mind it i rather have everyone on same power level to test skill level not feel overpowered and such.

Thanks
The gap between gear will be nowhere near as it was on the original server so it wont be the same level of imbalance due to gear. That said we have not really discussed when to release new gear more then that its probably (not probably) when we have some new content coming out.

Grolar

Post#8 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Kragg wrote:in short; play the game!
Play the game properly, yes. To encourage more players to play healers and tanks is a good thing. Far too many dps in game as it stands. GG \o/
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Grolar wrote:
Kragg wrote:in short; play the game!
Play the game properly, yes. To encourage more players to play healers and tanks is a good thing. Far too many dps in game as it stands. GG \o/
Its more of a offset as tanks and healers get generally less kills. Looking at the data observed from locks its pretty even between tanks, healers and dps with this current system.

Sedok

Post#10 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:27 pm

I don't think it was a good idea to release this information. What prevents people from gaming the system now, knowing what they have to hit? They can just go down the list, hit the easiest things, and get some contribution. I think it was better to keep this information hidden, as just playing your class well gets you good contribution and there's nothing to gain from knowing precisely how it breaks down.
Natherul wrote:The gap between gear will be nowhere near as it was on the original server so it wont be the same level of imbalance due to gear.
Everyone says this, but it was only after the implementation of Doomflayer and Warprforged that this became a problem. The original power gaps with Invader, Warlord, and Sovereign were actually near perfect; an advantage, but nothing that couldn't be overcome with skill.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok