Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
szejoza

Re: Contribution

Post#41 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 am

Hargrim wrote:And join same battlefront.
Does it mean if for example the fight was in Praag and I was fighting there with one char, but I decided to jump to another char and went to fight in TM my first char will keep it's contribution?

Same for leveling, if I change chars only to do PvE on second char, will my first keep its contribution?

Cheers
Last edited by szejoza on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#42 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:13 am

Any hope of relaxing regarding the rule of contribution saved only on 1 char? Few nights ago there was a prolonged siege and I was roaming on my WL doing okayish contri, thought that maybe I should log my BW and join a WB so they could get proper AoE deeps for the large keep fight, but then considered that I'd rather not lose my previous contri, even if it meant that my realm would have gained more suitable classes for changed fighting conditions. (some classes better during roam/BO fight phase, some better at keep fights)

It's also somewhat harsh when you have guild WB, one person leaves and as result you need some people to switch chars to make up for the lost archtype and as result someone who is unlucky has to suffer from contribution reset for the greater good of the WB.

akenatoth

Post#43 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:24 am

Hargrim wrote:
Glorian wrote:Contribution IS safed on Disconnects.

It is only removed if you change TO ANOTHER character.
And join same battlefront.
Ok, so if I relog an alt just to send potions to the character I have contribution on, I don't lose that contribution right?

Sulorie

Post#44 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:41 am

szejoza wrote:
Hargrim wrote:And join same battlefront.
Does it mean if for example the fight was in Praag and I was fighting there with one char, but I decided to jump to another char and went to fight in TM my first char will keep it's contribution?

Same for leveling, if I change chars only to do PvE on second char, will my first keep its contribution?

Cheers
akenatoth wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
Glorian wrote:Contribution IS safed on Disconnects.

It is only removed if you change TO ANOTHER character.
And join same battlefront.
Ok, so if I relog an alt just to send potions to the character I have contribution on, I don't lose that contribution right?
A different char in the same zone (not tier!) resets your contribution.
You have to enter the rvr lake and flag yourself for pvp to make it happen.

When you other char stays unflagged in your warcamp in the same zone, then nothing happens. You get a chat notification, when the reset happens.
Dying is no option.

szejoza

Post#45 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:48 am

Sulorie wrote:You get a chat notification, when the reset happens.
Ok, thanks for clarification, was always too worried about losing contribution to change chars so didn't even know that message like that existed
Spoiler:

Hargrim
Developer

Post#46 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am

As Sulorie said.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#47 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:48 am

Aurandilaz wrote:Any hope of relaxing regarding the rule of contribution saved only on 1 char? Few nights ago there was a prolonged siege and I was roaming on my WL doing okayish contri, thought that maybe I should log my BW and join a WB so they could get proper AoE deeps for the large keep fight, but then considered that I'd rather not lose my previous contri, even if it meant that my realm would have gained more suitable classes for changed fighting conditions. (some classes better during roam/BO fight phase, some better at keep fights)

It's also somewhat harsh when you have guild WB, one person leaves and as result you need some people to switch chars to make up for the lost archtype and as result someone who is unlucky has to suffer from contribution reset for the greater good of the WB.
As it is now, no.

We do not want people jumping from alt to alt to gear them all up at once, thats not playing the game thats gamifying the system. And yes that will happen even if you dont contribute a lot since there is a random component into rolls after contribution.

Snoxx

Post#48 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:08 pm

akenatoth wrote: Related to the whole RvR system: can we please disable teleporters? They can be exploited by xrealmers/people with a 2nd account just to sabotage the other faction.
I have a very simple idea to fix those portals: Every teleport usage should cost a few silver coins.

Ads
Snoxx

Post#49 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Question, how do you get contribution from attacking Siege Tools, if Ram blocks you 100% because you are magical dps? (sorc/BW)
I wonder why no sorc/BW asks how they are supposed to get contribution from healing/rezzing other players. :lol:

dansari

Post#50 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Snoxx wrote:
akenatoth wrote: Related to the whole RvR system: can we please disable teleporters? They can be exploited by xrealmers/people with a 2nd account just to sabotage the other faction.
I have a very simple idea to fix those portals: Every teleport usage should cost a few silver coins.
On my potion maker I have about 1000 gold. Not sure this will help
<Salt Factory>