Recent Topics

Ads

What are common roleplaying areas ingame?

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Erwin99

What are common roleplaying areas ingame?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:22 am

I've been getting an itch to roleplay after coming back to this game and I'm curious as to what sort of areas ingame (specifically for Order, but Destruction is fine too in case I ever start playing them) are common spots to RP if there are any. For example certain taverns in certain tier zones. I'm hoping to join an RP guild but there don't seem to be many (if any) Empire ones active, so I'm hoping I can find a way to join in on just casual text RP ingame if it happens much outside of set events.

Ads
ashton007

Re: What are common roleplaying areas ingame?

Post#2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:21 am

Erwin99

Post#3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 am

ashton007 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:21 am viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24828
That's actually exactly who I was thinking of when saying "there's barely any RP empire guilds" since that one didn't explicitly say they're focused on PvP, although I do certainly plan to join it. I was more curious about areas that are common for RPing outside of guilds more than anything.

szejoza

Post#4 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 am

Well, it's a pvp game first, pve second, rp comes somewhere after that, don't expect much.
Right now only Averlanders are running but I don't really know if they ared doing any events (have seen 2-3 of the same players all the time running with pugs), maybe they do some rp outside of the rvr areas, who knows :P
Few months back there was a guild blackguards of morr where people had to go through the initiation process and stuff with heavy rp behind it
more to read here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=23422
but somehow that guild died quietly without anyone knowing why
Spoiler:

Erwin99

Post#5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:18 am

szejoza wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 am Well, it's a pvp game first, pve second, rp comes somewhere after that, don't expect much.
Right now only Averlanders are running but I don't really know if they ared doing any events (have seen 2-3 of the same players all the time running with pugs), maybe they do some rp outside of the rvr areas, who knows :P
Few months back there was a guild blackguards of morr where people had to go through the initiation process and stuff with heavy rp behind it
more to read here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=23422
but somehow that guild died quietly without anyone knowing why
Yeah, I thought as much that there wouldn't be much. Which is why I decided I might as well ask to find if there's any nooks and crannies ingame that roleplayers hang out at, but I suppose not. Lol

Also it's unfortunate about those Blackguards of Morr, considering that I love Morr and his worshipers in the lore.

Glorian

Post#6 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:24 am

Aye, havent seen any of the Morr Lads around.
Averland Greatswords are in our RvR Alliance with Eternal Host for High Elves and Bitterstone Thunderers for the Dwarfs.
All these guilds are active and stable.

If you are into wetwork, there is also Vespero's Vendetta. A Withhunter only guild doing mercenary stuff and collecting gold bounties on characters ingame.

Erwin99

Post#7 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:51 am

Glorian wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:24 am Aye, havent seen any of the Morr Lads around.
Averland Greatswords are in our RvR Alliance with Eternal Host for High Elves and Bitterstone Thunderers for the Dwarfs.
All these guilds are active and stable.

If you are into wetwork, there is also Vespero's Vendetta. A Withhunter only guild doing mercenary stuff and collecting gold bounties on characters ingame.
I quite like the sound of that Witch Hunter guild! I'll have to check them out.

Senlui

Post#8 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 am

Destro side, Kar Khadath Regiment have adopted Dark Elf chapter 7 camp as their garrison. People tend to meet up there for casual RP in between the weekly storyline events.

Ads
Erwin99

Post#9 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:03 am

Senlui wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 am Destro side, Kar Khadath Regiment have adopted Dark Elf chapter 7 camp as their garrison. People tend to meet up there for casual RP in between the weekly storyline events.
Now that's what I was hoping to hear! Not much of a destro player as previously mentioned but if I do start to roll one I'll go there. Thanks for the info!

Too bad so far there doesn't seem to be much of an equivalent on the Order side.

Senlui

Post#10 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 am

On live it used to be the Reikland Arms in Altdorf. Maybe something the Order RPers could resurrect? :)