Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] General Guide

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dansari

Re: [SW] General Guide

Post#101 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm

loool too funny. YE THINK YER BAHW ES BEGGER N MINE DO YE?
<Salt Factory>

Ads
darude83
Suspended

Post#102 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:31 pm

On the contrary, i'm relieved that the position of "Balance Moderator" has been filled with someone as obviously competent as yourself. You seem to totally get it!
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Darosh
Banned

Post#103 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:32 pm

While it's a free for all...
Spoiler:
Dwarf master race. Boo! Boo, pointy-ears, booo!
My 2cents.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#104 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 pm

I dunno. Having seen all the time you spend respawning in SCs, I wouldnt want the guy playing Forestmistress as a balance mod either.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

dansari

Post#105 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 pm either
:(
<Salt Factory>

darude83
Suspended

Post#106 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 pm I dunno. Having seen all the time you spend respawning in SCs, I wouldnt want the guy playing Forestmistress as a balance mod either.
You're right, i should adhere to this guide and change my reckless ways.

1. Spec skirmish and defensive renown/gear
2. Stay at 98ft range and dot the front line (except def tanks, my bad, only squishies)
3. Hope an actual dd does some actual dmg, so i can maybe assist and actually kill something.

Have i gotten this right?
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#107 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:46 pm

By all means, make your own guide for fresh 40 SWs and show the scrubs how its done. You certainly have the free time to do so while waiting for that sweet, sweet rez.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

dansari

Post#108 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:50 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm You're right, i should adhere to this guide and change my reckless ways.

1. Spec skirmish and defensive renown/gear
2. Stay at 98ft range and dot the front line (except def tanks, my bad, only squishies)
3. Hope an actual dd does some actual dmg, so i can maybe assist and actually kill something.

Have i gotten this right?
Well, Skirmish IS a support dps spec. You're unlikely to kill anything casually supported by a group but you provide good utility, especially in a 3-2-1, and your standard rotation on a target starts with dots so you can activate your spammable heal debuff... and you should spec defensive renown except you'll probably want 3 merc, 2 anni with WS talis. So you were about 2/3 of the way there. A for effort. But did you read the gui--

oh no

your nemesis

reading
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#109 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:00 pm

To bring it back in topic a tad:
Do you fancy gutslime weapons for new SWs, or is that too much effort? Dunno how much weapon DPS effectively contributes to SW skills (whether plain stats might have a slight edge over weapon DPS in terms of entry level gear) sometimes stuff is all over place, ya know.

[quote=GodlessCrom post_id=300473 time=1525797247 user_id=63867]
I dunno. Having seen all the time you spend respawning in SCs, I wouldnt want the guy playing Forestmistress as a balance mod either.
[/quote]

10/10, riling the pointy-ears up. It's just a matter of time until our Dwarf Reich rises. Hail Volgo! Dwarf master race!

E: Autocorrect is a nightmare.
Last edited by Darosh on Tue May 08, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dansari

Post#110 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:02 pm

I've never been a huge fan of Gutslime weapons. I know some people prefer them for healers, but I think that's the extent of their usefulness. I would wager Officer rank 39 weapons are better, and subj weapons certainly are... so in my mind they're unnecessary.
<Salt Factory>