Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] General Guide

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
darude83
Suspended

Re: [SW] General Guide

Post#111 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:46 pm By all means, make your own guide for fresh 40 SWs and show the scrubs how its done. You certainly have the free time to do so while waiting for that sweet, sweet rez.
Dude, aren't you from NA, and play that BW Assburner? Maybe you shouldn't talk.
dansari wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:50 pm
darude83 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm You're right, i should adhere to this guide and change my reckless ways.

1. Spec skirmish and defensive renown/gear
2. Stay at 98ft range and dot the front line (except def tanks, my bad, only squishies)
3. Hope an actual dd does some actual dmg, so i can maybe assist and actually kill something.

Have i gotten this right?
Well, Skirmish IS a support dps spec. You're unlikely to kill anything casually supported by a group but you provide good utility, especially in a 3-2-1, and your standard rotation on a target starts with dots so you can activate your spammable heal debuff... and you should spec defensive renown except you'll probably want 3 merc, 2 anni with WS talis. So you were about 2/3 of the way there. A for effort. But did you read the gui--

oh no

your nemesis

reading
Well, you are certainly unlikely to kill anything, i don't disagree at all. You describe a class with the general viability of an engineer in grp, so, good for you. It matches up with what i've seen ingame so far.

Well, maybe due to your NB configuration you always apply dots first. That's right, i see right through your Alinsky/Goebbels "always accuse the enemy of which you are guilty" BS :lol:
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Ads
Ugle

Post#112 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:06 pm

dansari wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm
GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 pm either
:(
I laughed irl :)
inactive

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#113 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

No, Assburner posts on these forums under a different tag IIRC. Either way, I'm not him and I don't play a BW.

I have seen Fenryl and Dan play well in-game pretty damn often. They also help the community. You, on the other hand, make Z-tier banter on the forums and die a lot in the pug SC so make of that what you will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Elftwin95

Post#114 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Sorry to butt in, but is this not suppose to be a guide for SW players looking to improve? Being rude and respectless at Dansari's efforts with this guide is not really that productive and won't take this thread to any greater heights of quality. I don't mean to offend but if you, Forestmistress feel that he is wrong, make your own guide, as one of the other commenter's said.
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

darude83
Suspended

Post#115 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:22 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm No, Assburner posts on these forums under a different tag IIRC. Either way, I'm not him and I don't play a BW.

I have seen Fenryl and Dan play well in-game pretty damn often. They also help the community. You, on the other hand, make Z-tier banter on the forums and die a lot in the pug SC so make of that what you will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You should have your testosterone levels checked, if you're too scared to engage (and die) in Pug SCs, and also too scared to even include your toon names in your sig. You're pathetic.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Manatikik

Post#116 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Darosh wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:00 pm To bring it back in topic a tad:
Do you fancy gutslime weapons for new SWs, or is that too much effort? Dunno how much weapon DPS effectively contributes to SW skills (whether plain stats might have a slight edge over weapon DPS in terms of entry level gear) sometimes stuff is all over place, ya know.

[quote=GodlessCrom post_id=300473 time=1525797247 user_id=63867]
I dunno. Having seen all the time you spend respawning in SCs, I wouldnt want the guy playing Forestmistress as a balance mod either.
10/10, riling the pointy-ears up. It's just a matter of time until our Dwarf Reich rises. Hail Volgo! Dwarf master race![/size]

E: Autocorrect is a nightmare.
[/quote]

Gutslime isn't bad perse but if you RvR and SC your way to 40 you should have Bloodfist Longbow already from dwarf T4 influence and be pretty close or already have the R39 SC sword or at least the Epic Weapons. I also find its much harder to get a Gutslime group than anything else honestly - plus now you can get Gunbad Weapons if you really want to.
<Montague><Capulet>

Glorian

Post#117 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:12 am

Interesting guide.
I just played a little on my SW and found the Skirmish Stance to be quite fun. And as you have written, just never stop running on him. ;)
Also I thought what to do with the mastery once skrimisher is full. That Glas shot to reduce range on Sorcs and other rangedps seems quite nice.

What I found to improve Damage is to say pewpew a lot when it is getting tight. :D

lefze
Suspended

Post#118 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Glorian wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:12 am Interesting guide.
I just played a little on my SW and found the Skirmish Stance to be quite fun. And as you have written, just never stop running on him. ;)
Also I thought what to do with the mastery once skrimisher is full. That Glas shot to reduce range on Sorcs and other rangedps seems quite nice.

What I found to improve Damage is to say pewpew a lot when it is getting tight. :D
I normally just take swift strikes, speedbost is awesome when caught.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Vanden

Post#119 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 am

@Glorian

Hi! I really like your UI from the video you posted, would you mind telling me a few of the addons you have running?

Glorian

Post#120 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:26 am

Vanden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 am @Glorian

Hi! I really like your UI from the video you posted, would you mind telling me a few of the addons you have running?
Actually it is just enemy addon. And I think I have target rings on the SW too.