Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] 15pt Path of Scout Ability

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
footpatrol2

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#31 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm not a fan of any of the 15 point abilities and feel like it is taking the game in the wrong direction.

Ads
darude83
Suspended

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#32 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Nah i was just kidding, this ability makes total sense. Finally we don't have to stack WS anymore, and it synergizes so well with FA, against high armor targets.

After a 3 sec cast FA, the target gets hit with another 300 spirit dmg on top, who needs a healdebuff with that kind of burst?

If you stack it with Explosive Shots Morale 3, the target gets hit by ANOTHER 300 morale dmg INSTANT, that is almost 600 extra dmg.

Honestly, i think it sounds a little OP to me.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Acidic

Post#33 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:21 pm

darude83 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:58 pm
Spoiler:
This thread is hilarious.

A debate about a useless 15pt. ability that no SW ever asked for, naturally gets enriched by a destro playing whiner who wants to claim SWs are overpowered anyways.

Thank god we moved this proposal to discussion, instead of the sensible one, which would have had addressed some of the actual issues Scout SWs are facing.

Instead of balancing the game with a LIGHT TOUCH, some hybris ridden people seem to be hellbent on introducing their 15pt signature abilities.

FUN FACT:

Do you guys realize, that there already is a morale ability, that does 300 extra dmg on your attacks? NO????? BECAUSE NO ONE EVER USES THAT ****!
please no getting triggered in the balance forum - Dan
Yes Choppa Tantrum , except this suggestion is better than Choppa m2,
Choppa 8 attack’s, this skill 10
Choppa 1 min moral cooldown, this skill 30 sec no moral needs

Sry did not see u moderated the thing I quoted

daniilpb

Post#34 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:21 pm
Spoiler:

A debate about a useless 15pt. ability that no SW ever asked for, naturally gets enriched by a destro playing whiner who wants to claim SWs are overpowered anyways.

Thank god we moved this proposal to discussion, instead of the sensible one, which would have had addressed some of the actual issues Scout SWs are facing.

Instead of balancing the game with a LIGHT TOUCH, some hybris ridden people seem to be hellbent on introducing their 15pt signature abilities.

FUN FACT:

Do you guys realize, that there already is a morale ability, that does 300 extra dmg on your attacks? NO????? BECAUSE NO ONE EVER USES THAT ****!

And as all morals it does true damage which won’t be mitigated. There is also no ICG I believe.
If you want to compare it with something, there is Witchbrew
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:35 pm

footpatrol2 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm I'm not a fan of any of the 15 point abilities and feel like it is taking the game in the wrong direction.
It gives use to an area in mastery trees that is (largely) useless/underused for 90% of classes. Most speccable M4s are either: a) useless (the majority); b) outdone by lower-tier morales - but this is a discussion for another time.

darude83
Suspended

Post#36 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 pm

daniilpb wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:25 pm
Acidic wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:21 pm
Spoiler:

FUN FACT:

And as all morals it does true damage which won’t be mitigated. There is also no ICG I believe.

Right, that is very similar. Ok, there is the minor difference of one class being a dual wielding mdps, and the other being a rdps with 3 sec casts, that can't even AA while moving, but other than that it's virtually identical.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

dansari

Post#37 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Technically it wouldn't be true damage, nor would it be a morale, but a speccable 15pt ability (based on the proposal).
<Salt Factory>

daniilpb

Post#38 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:43 pm

darude83 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 pm
daniilpb wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Right, that is very similar. Ok, there is the minor difference of one class being a dual wielding mdps, and the other being a rdps with 3 sec casts, that can't even AA while moving, but other than that it's virtually identical.
I think you should stop thinking like this proposal might be the only thing that will be implemented for Scout stance. Think about it like this might be just a start point and how it can synergy with other possible changes.
It took at least 4 patches to fix Assault so there always should be something to start with.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Koha

Post#39 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Same CD as Vengeance of N.... 300 spirit dmg bonus on a 1 sec ICD say 375 with VoN. This ability would be better than witchbrew, no built up time 10 attacks >> 6 ...

More over spirit is the most common aoe debuff thx to SM.

The problem with Scout tree is that it is currently outshined by assault and skirmish tree. Nerf one of these two, scout will look brighter.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

footpatrol2

Post#40 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:35 pm
footpatrol2 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm I'm not a fan of any of the 15 point abilities and feel like it is taking the game in the wrong direction.
It gives use to an area in mastery trees that is (largely) useless/underused for 90% of classes. Most speccable M4s are either: a) useless (the majority); b) outdone by lower-tier morales - but this is a discussion for another time.
And Why do you think this is the case? The flippin morale gain rates are hideously wrong which throws the entire game into imbalance. Those morale 4 abilities are suppose to be a option every 60 sec's if you tried to gain those rates. RoR has created a massive void and the community has gotten used to it.

It's basically removing 1/4th of the game and kinda saying it's ok...

Kinda like if I cut your arm off. The community is used to having it's arm cut off. RoR has the tech to replace your arm as it was but instead is going to install a T-shirt launcher in it's place. The community is like... "oh a t-shirt launcher, I used to have a nub and nothing was there." When you should just have your arm back. RoR is also the doctor that took your arm away.
Pretty bored of your monotonous b/s at this stage, even as a friend of yours. You should know better than to go off on a tangent on the balance forums. Please refrain from going off on one about morale gains: even with said morale gains, the M4s for most classes would still not be worth using, so I don't see the issue moving it around. You also fail to consider that perhaps Scout M4 would be moved to Core position (look at Wrath/Torture M4s after Charge change) - quick to assume the worst. - ptp3