Recent Topics

Ads

@Dabart`s AM/Shaman lifetaps proposals

Let's talk about... everything else
Telperien

@Dabart`s AM/Shaman lifetaps proposals

Post#1 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm

I missed the point when experimental mode was turned off for Archmage and Shaman, therefore can someone remind me when and what was the reason to turn it off? Is there no chance to restore it? I remember finally those classes were performing almost at lvl of other healers.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Re: @Dabart`s AM/Shaman lifetaps proposals

Post#2 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Something along the lines of:
1. Overperforming changes that couldn't be properly (and individually) adjusted without breaking .ab ex.
2. 'Bad implementation' based on outdated code.
3. Plans for a revamp that'd conflict with the implementation and specific iteration come client control.

Iirc, correct me someone if I am mistaken.

Dabbart

Post#3 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:31 pm

After Aza left. The DEV team didn’t have the ability/knowledge/whatever to work on the .ab ex system. So it was either remove it or leave it in the OP state it was, they opted to remove it till partial implementation could be worked on at a later date.

That was my understanding anyways.

And the .ab ex was over performing. That can’t really be denied. But it was fun while it lasted...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Dabbart wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:31 pm After Aza left. The DEV team didn’t have the ability/knowledge/whatever to work on the .ab ex system. So it was either remove it or leave it in the OP state it was, they opted to remove it till partial implementation could be worked on at a later date.

That was my understanding anyways.
Not true, it was decided to remove it as we did not want a hardcode of abilities in code and that we did not want players to decide to test something or not. Its an alpha server if we want to test something we should enforce the test.

Dabbart

Post#5 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:12 pm

From patch notes 4/8/17:
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:03 am
Dabbart wrote:So Sham/AP 3pt tactic will no longer AoE heal, no disrupt strikethrough or increased healing on life taps?

Thanks for the patch work.
Having secondary and tertiary systems hardcoded to facilitate nothing but AB EX by a staff member who is currently on hiatus was causing significant issues and having to learn the code and systems for a very, very narrow scope of use was a poor use of valuable coder time.

As stated in the notes, addiitonal benefits from AB ex will move over to the mechanism as a whole when its got to.
That’s where I got my apparently incorrect thought
that no one could work on it in .ab ex form.

Also, wasn’t the .ab ex required at some point? I know it was for WP/DoK. Thought it was for Am/sham as well...

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Dabbart wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:12 pm From patch notes 4/8/17:
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:03 am
Dabbart wrote:So Sham/AP 3pt tactic will no longer AoE heal, no disrupt strikethrough or increased healing on life taps?

Thanks for the patch work.
Having secondary and tertiary systems hardcoded to facilitate nothing but AB EX by a staff member who is currently on hiatus was causing significant issues and having to learn the code and systems for a very, very narrow scope of use was a poor use of valuable coder time.

As stated in the notes, addiitonal benefits from AB ex will move over to the mechanism as a whole when its got to.
That’s where I got my apparently incorrect thought
that no one could work on it in .ab ex form.

Also, wasn’t the .ab ex required at some point? I know it was for WP/DoK. Thought it was for Am/sham as well...
Nothing was required about it, more then having a way to turn features on and off. I will admit I thought of ab ex as a headache in regards to nail things down, but I get how it worked and still is not something I think we should do.

If you want to test something you need to enforce it anyway to get valuable data. But yes, the ab ex was added to dok/wp especially since it was a major change in the way the careers work on the lowest level. It could/can be changed without ab ex but it was a fast way to switch something back and forth.

Should we decide to change something in the future it will be enforced, but perhaps a switch may be added like ab ex but on a global scale that leads can switch for all characters on or off, but I find even this as unnecessary work

Dabbart

Post#7 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Sorry Nath, I didn’t mean to sound like I wanted it back or for you guys to work on it, or anything similar. Just tried to answer the question as I remembered, and then wished to illustrate where I got my wires crossed from. I just didn’t want to seem like I just made up the “can’t work on it” portion as a dig. Just a misremembering of something from over a year ago. Thanks for clearing it up though!

I didn’t like the ability to toggle .ab ex anyways.