Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jinxypie

Re: Theft

Post#101 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Well to be honest you grabbed what you could from AoR and now they did it with RoR. Kind of deja vu.
I can understand your rant from personal point of view, but emotions aside how is this any different?
Also pointing at Mythic taking money for their work seems bizarre to me. Its their product, so they had all rights to do so. You have no choice but to not get paid for certain reasons.

Although kudos for all your dedication molding this dead game into something many will keep enjoying for long time hopefully. Myself included.
Last edited by Jinxypie on Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
Rodek

Post#102 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Unfortunately as seen in this thread the action taken by some parties really hurts the community as a whole. There are those that have been banned (rightly so) and will play on the new server, others that will play because of some disagreement with those here, and some who will just try it for a new flavor.

In the end those that are also hurt is all of us players who already have issues with pop. At best both servers can be successful and create a content release war with 2 happy communities. At worse though we see a problem that has plagued so many games in that population sucks on both and a massive amount of people leave therebye killing the game for all intents and purposes.

Is what the un-named parties did wrong on all levels, the answer is easy. Yes. Anyone who brings you into a development group has an implied trust, which was broken here.

It's pretty clear things here aren't changing. So you have 2 options. Easy to figure those out.
Last edited by Rodek on Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#103 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:43 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 pm
On this very site is a "Download Game" button which links to stolen software.
MMm nope. i paid it and have paid for year to play with. Then later it was free to download on official site. No need to say that this software become useless at the instant official server have become down. Could you sell this client? no. Could you sell server source? oh yeah... So no, client is not stolen.
darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 pm Maybe your years of hard work have put you into a bubble of self entitlement, which is understandable, but nevertheless a problem. You have no genuine intention of preserving the game and it's integrity, all you worry about is control.

Really? Why do we let WarEmu source open then (oh yes, i'm part of WarEmu, as Max HAyman, as Necrosummoner, as lot of ppl)?

So controling what exactly ? ANYONE can take WarEMu source and create his own personnal paradise ANYONE. Open your eyes man, what you are saying is pure non sense.

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 pm That you have to resort to threatening people with bans for disagreeing with you, shows your true weakness.

Take a look on About us list, and put names of involved ppl in your argument, then do the same with staff member you have nothing to say against. How many exactly ? It seems you completely disagree our actual position and afaik, you are still here, argumenting on the the base of something undefendable... so what... who is threaening you right now?

You want we say, " yes you right. We all deserve to be punished because 10 ppl are angry against 1 or 2" ? Thats what you want? :)

Fact is, i'm in this project since the day 0. Have started WArEmu with Necro and Dascoub and continued with RoR. I have in mind the complete history of this project. You can call me liar. Proof still exist, just check packets and look for "Mamaloa". I did 95% of packets with Emisainclair and have searched ppl to make this real. In the same time what did you do? So i ask for some respect for my work, as for anyone else work. If you are unable to understand i fear you will expect some difficulties in real life.

So now if you wanna discuss about what is legal and what is not in this project and if you can point a single atom to legitimate this thievery, then proceed. In the other case, we have understood your point of view. Thank you.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#104 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm

For the people claiming we did the same to mythic is not entirely true.

What was taken from mythic was sniffs of packets, from that the database was built and the source was made from scratch to do what their server did.

This new server took that code as well as a DB that has been worked on and tweaked to insanity past what was sniffed. So there is a difference.

Bowldancer

Post#105 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm Well to be honest you grabbed what you could from AoR and now they did it with RoR. Kind of deja vu.
I can understand your rant from personal point of view, but emotions aside how is this any different?
I think there is a massive difference between breathing life into something declared dead and stealing the work of 5 years of dedication from some people in their spare-time.
The old War-Emu is still out there.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

mogt

Post#106 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:46 pm

heygamers wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:16 pm Claiming theft as if the code you are sitting on is even 1/10th your own doing is so **** dishonest it's unbelievable. Az and Londo did ALL of the coding work on this server, you guys have done absolutely nothing since they left besides your custom server events and class balancing.

Gunbad, and the instance manager needed to even make it possible was nearly finished and was Londo's work.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out who is at the helm of this new server seeing as it already is going to have content you would never in 10 years be able to put out yourselves. And there's only 2 people who could possibly have the skill or motivation to do so, and one of them quit forever in an autistic fit.

You treat the playerbase like trash, you don't even bother looking for a real source developer after they all left and let content stagnate for what a year or more now?
you have no idea, how many work is in that, what the devs do, go away you little kid

kerckasha

Post#107 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:48 pm

I don't have any horse in this race but I think what people are getting at with the 'stolen' aspect is the fact that RoR is an emulator for a game that is (probably) still owned by EA and contains the IP of gamesworkshop
either of which could come in and totally shut the place down and be well within their rights.

the emulator was apparently built from the ground up but due to the above its kinda dubious what 'legal' rights there actually are but that doesn't make the theft anymore right

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#108 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm Well to be honest you grabbed what you could from AoR and now they did it with RoR. Kind of deja vu.
Let say Ror/warEmu is a car. To build this car we had the noise made by the engine (packets) and a photogrphy (client). Thats all.
In the actual drama, let say they still have the car. Just chaging colour.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#109 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:52 pm

mogt wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:46 pm
you have no idea, how many work is in that, what the devs do, go away you little kid
That was a trash account created today. We've seen a couple. Totally expected. No one likes being called out on being literal human trash. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Jinxypie

Post#110 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Natherul wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm For the people claiming we did the same to mythic is not entirely true.

What was taken from mythic was sniffs of packets, from that the database was built and the source was made from scratch to do what their server did.

This new server took that code as well as a DB that has been worked on and tweaked to insanity past what was sniffed. So there is a difference.
I know you build the code mostly from scratch, but you still used what you could. The client, textured models, sounds, animations, VFX.. stuff made by someone else. And you build your project around it. Now ppl that took advantage of your trust did so. But personally i dont think they can deliver on the dev side to keep up with the RoR team.

2c
Last edited by Jinxypie on Tue May 22, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+