Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: Queue for 6v6

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
lefze
Suspended

Re: What would it take: Queue for 6v6

Post#101 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:05 pm

OldPlayer wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 pm What change would be required to be made, in your opinion, to have you as a player (who doesn't normally queue for 6v6 scenarios) form a group, establish voice communications and queue for the 6v6 only scenario.

I know is asking a lot, but please keep responses free of spiteful complaints and unrealistic requests.
Exactly same rewards for all participants, both winners and losers.
Not a bad idea as long as the rewards are toned down a bit, and the AFK detection etc. becomes so harsh you are forced to fight. Forces anyone queueing to either get roflstomped over and over, or improve.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Velze

Post#102 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Ingame ranking system. But it will never work in a competitive manner. Same 6 ppl is too much to have online at the same time, day by day. Sometimes even 2v2 can be bothersome so .... Plus the gear+ RR gap is too hight, only top geared + top RR chars has a chance.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#103 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm

daniilpb wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 pm
Gatto wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am add mmr/rating so new groups will find a way more balanced playground. and ofc the top teams will only fight at they skill lvl.
if u form a 3v3 team in wow u hardly fight the 2.2k or r1 teams. this let you grow and learn how play vs the same skill lvl opponents while giving you a feel of progression. and its way more enjoyable that being rollstomped by the same meta 10year old group imho.
I hope you know that it is impossible to implement any kind of rating, mmr and any other kind of matchmaking in this game.
The game is almost the same as it was in 2008 and devs can only fix the game and tweak balance/content. They can’t implement completely new stuff.
What you are saying is simply not true.

Implementing mmr would be doable though I would refuse to assign any development time on it currently. The things we are limited to are the client and its assets, apart from that we can do pretty much whatever. Unless you have a dev tag and seen what we work with then dont assume what we can and cannot do.

daniilpb

Post#104 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm
daniilpb wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 pm
Gatto wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am add mmr/rating so new groups will find a way more balanced playground. and ofc the top teams will only fight at they skill lvl.
if u form a 3v3 team in wow u hardly fight the 2.2k or r1 teams. this let you grow and learn how play vs the same skill lvl opponents while giving you a feel of progression. and its way more enjoyable that being rollstomped by the same meta 10year old group imho.
I hope you know that it is impossible to implement any kind of rating, mmr and any other kind of matchmaking in this game.
The game is almost the same as it was in 2008 and devs can only fix the game and tweak balance/content. They can’t implement completely new stuff.
What you are saying is simply not true.

Implementing mmr would be doable though I would refuse to assign any development time on it currently. The things we are limited to are the client and its assets, apart from that we can do pretty much whatever. Unless you have a dev tag and seen what we work with then dont assume what we can and cannot do.
My apologies.
But it still doesn't change the fact that, as you said, most likely it won't happen because there are much more important things.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

roadkillrobin

Post#105 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 pm

6v6 is easly to break and it would need fixed archetype slots to actually work with gaining increased rewards. Nothing prevents you from showing up with 2 tutle tanks and 4 turtle healers and just bunker to time and always get the rewards. This solves it self in 12v12 as damage preasure gets much higher and in RVR were you can bring more to the fights. This is one of the main reasons i don't think this game was ever intended for 6v6.

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#106 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:10 pm

So what about this...

-Crossfaction Scenarios
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#107 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Kabuterimonga wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:10 pm So what about this...

-Crossfaction Scenarios
No chance.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

peterthepan3

Post#108 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 pm What change would be required to be made, in your opinion, to have you as a player (who doesn't normally queue for 6v6 scenarios) form a group, establish voice communications and queue for the 6v6 only scenario.

I know is asking a lot, but please keep responses free of spiteful complaints and unrealistic requests.
I think losers should get more rewards than they would for pug stomp winning a normal sc - so as to incentivise them to keep queuing and trying - but still not as much as a winning team.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#109 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 pm

I think losers should get more rewards than they would for pug stomp winning a normal sc - so as to incentivise them to keep queuing and trying - but still not as much as a winning team.
This carries intrinsic issues.

Pug scen there's a lot of kills and deaths going around. There's a lot more RP being generated and loot dropping simply by virtue of volume.

6v6 has a few solid engagements, then usually the team with the upper hand is determined and the fighting ends. Or it's a 15 minute stalemate between turtle teams. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not going to see the 30+ kills in a 6v6 for each side that you might get out of a particularly deadly pug-brawl. Both 6v6 scens grant 50% more emblems and loot.

We can't give the losing team better rewards than a pug brawl if they get stomped and end up with 1-2 kills (or 0!). If there's rewards simply for queueing then we run the issue of having to drop hammers on people that afk or don't take a match seriously and queue with useless garbage just to get their loser rewards. Giving people stuff for failure is a fast way to dilute the pool of competition, so we're going to need a different direction on that thought.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#110 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:03 pm

I would love to see next topic "What would it take for WB PUG Leadin"
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86