Recent Topics

Ads

Magus damage question?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DarkDeadly

Magus damage question?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Just wondering if all these 3 stack at the same time:

1) if im next to my horror/flamer and get 40% damage increase

2)deamonic contract +15% if they are all in the given range

3)deamonic withering +15% if I connect the dot

So am I right in thinking that all 3 can be active at the same time? Or does it not work like that and is only 1 allowed?
Also if they can be active at same time is it 40% +15% +15% = 70% damage increase given all conditions are met?

Just asking this as I use these tactics and wanted to make sure that they can all work together?

Thanks
DarkDeadly Magus

Ads
MedV

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Also, if you put a dot on someone with out any unholy stacks and then summon a horror and start getting stacks. Does your dot dmg get the multiplier or is the dmg multiplier always the same as when you casted it?
The King.

ToXoS

Post#3 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:35 pm

They all stack.
DoTs are now calculated everytime they ticks, not on the initial cast.

Tesq

Post#4 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:39 pm

yes they all stacks

MedV

Post#5 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm

As I only recently came back to the game, I never knew about the DOT and Disrupt changes.I am still not sure what they are but ive heard some people talking about it in game. Do these changes hurt the Magus class as a whole. I have been noticing I have to cast some of my dots 2-3 times before they effect the enemy. Is this what they are talking about?
The King.

dansari

Post#6 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 pm

MedV wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm As I only recently came back to the game, I never knew about the DOT and Disrupt changes.I am still not sure what they are but ive heard some people talking about it in game. Do these changes hurt the Magus class as a whole. I have been noticing I have to cast some of my dots 2-3 times before they effect the enemy. Is this what they are talking about?
Technically that's likely related to willpower. Now, willpower affects your disrupt chance so you'll have a harder time connecting on healers. Once you land the dot, each tick has an avoidance check.
<Salt Factory>

Sedok

Post#7 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 pm

MedV wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm Do these changes hurt the Magus class as a whole.
Close to rendering it useless. I made a post awhile back defending the Disrupt changes as not being nearly as bad as players were claiming at the time, but I've had to retract that sentiment after more play time with the Magus and other magical rdps. It severely nerfs magical dps overall, but two thins standout for the Magus in particular:

- Three DoTs of your main AoE pressure rotation are "cast on a target and all other targets within X feet" (Glean Magic, Pandemonium and Seed of Chaos), meaning if the first target disrupts it, the entire spell is disrupted. Constantly wasting GCDs to get these on a target wastes valuable time in an already long rotation. Its especially a problem with Pandemonium (the workhorse), as it costs 45 AP and has a 5 second cooldown. If you do not successfully apply it the first time, you hit like a slight breeze, the entire rotation is messed up, and you have to eat up even more AP trying reapply it.

- The entire concept of "AoE pressure" for both the Engineer and Magus is reliant upon a steady stream of multiple DoT ticks, but since now both application and ticks can be disrupted, the entire concept is rendered moot. A Sorc/BW can get a hit through and have it still deal significant damage via the critical hit damage of their mechanic; the Magus is reliant upon all of those ticks, but even in a pug situation, its very common for even half your ticks to not get through. Add in dealing with an the AoE cleanse on the class most difficult for you to kill, and it gets very frustrating to say the least.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

Tesq

Post#8 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Sedok wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 pm
MedV wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm Do these changes hurt the Magus class as a whole.
Close to rendering it useless. I made a post awhile back defending the Disrupt changes as not being nearly as bad as players were claiming at the time, but I've had to retract that sentiment after more play time with the Magus and other magical rdps. It severely nerfs magical dps overall, but two thins standout for the Magus in particular:

- Three DoTs of your main AoE pressure rotation are "cast on a target and all other targets within X feet" (Glean Magic, Pandemonium and Seed of Chaos), meaning if the first target disrupts it, the entire spell is disrupted. Constantly wasting GCDs to get these on a target wastes valuable time in an already long rotation. Its especially a problem with Pandemonium (the workhorse), as it costs 45 AP and has a 5 second cooldown. If you do not successfully apply it the first time, you hit like a slight breeze, the entire rotation is messed up, and you have to eat up even more AP trying reapply it.

- The entire concept of "AoE pressure" for both the Engineer and Magus is reliant upon a steady stream of multiple DoT ticks, but since now both application and ticks can be disrupted, the entire concept is rendered moot. A Sorc/BW can get a hit through and have it still deal significant damage via the critical hit damage of their mechanic; the Magus is reliant upon all of those ticks, but even in a pug situation, its very common for even half your ticks to not get through. Add in dealing with an the AoE cleanse on the class most difficult for you to kill, and it gets very frustrating to say the least.
gets better with gear, go domni+beastlord and get those disrupt striektrough, it's more problematic have a 65 build, when it should be default 85" without spend a tactic...15 "+ are alredy enough as a potential tradeout vs bw/sorc/engi(snipe); 35"+ is a bit too much, hope in client controll which gona make it a bit better by standardide some ranges...whish at least. Still not holding a lot of ground when face someone that know how to cleanse.

Ads
Arteker616

Post#9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 am

Sedok wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 pm

For magus it hurts like Hell, Engi not so much if u bother to use PD.Only clas wich doesnt have any problem at all to play with dot preasure is likely the Dps AM.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 am

Arteker616 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 am
Only clas wich doesnt have any problem at all to play with dot preasure is likely the Dps AM.
How you come to this conclusion?
Dying is no option.