Recent Topics

Ads

Game Client not handshaking

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Elovud

Game Client not handshaking

Post#1 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:28 am

Hello - I have had issues where the game client fails to handshake and login and I just try a few times and it will connect. Lately and for the second time tonight I have gotten disconnected from the game when there doesnt seem to be any problems with the server and when I try to reconnect to the game it fails to handshake and login. The box just stays empty where is normally you see that connection info. The first time it happened like this was Sunday and it took over 30 minutes to login. So far tonight its been about 15-20 min. This seems weird as I see population on the server. Any thoughts?

Ads
Elovud

Re: Game Client not handshaking

Post#2 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Just an update with additional info. Normally what I do is wait like 5 or 10 seconds to see if the handshake process starts and then I quit and try again. If I let it go like 20-30 seconds a popup says Authentication failed - application will now terminate. This has been consistent throughout the process. Its just now it has obviously gotten worse and all I know is that if I keep trying I will eventually get in however I have already been trying for 30 minutes now.

Elovud

Post#3 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Ok so after over 30 minutes of trying to connect I rebooted my computer and tried logging in. I connected on the second attempt with the first one doing the same thing. (Just trying to provide as much information for you as I can)

Elovud

Post#4 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Ok this is really getting old and although in the past I have had the issue usually within 4 or 5 attempts I am able to login. I have an MSI Gaming laptop with an i5 6300HQ 2.3Ghz Processor - 8g RAM and an Nvidia GeForcce GTX 960M video card. I have tried disabling firewall / AV which made no difference - I am running the latest war.exe as well. I could deal with 4 or 5 tries to get in but now since the Sunday before this post it can be the 4 or 5 tries or up to 2 hours for me to get in. Am I the only one experiencing this?

htraz

Post#5 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:56 pm

try cyberghost or any other VPN

reroute with CG, u will see connecting, then terminate CG, go back to WAR and choose server

hope they will fix it soon :(((

Elovud

Post#6 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:32 am

I used a VPN with mixed results... Reroute with CG?

Elovud

Post#7 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 pm

BUMP - Havent heard from anyone in support in the over the month I posted this... Was just wondering if I was going to?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 am

Sry for the late answer. Could it be that you are havin malware on your computer? Please look through your installed software and find out if you happen to have "YAC" -yet another cleaner installed. Other than that, i know that some people need to use a vpn to connect to us. But thats probably the fault of your isp.

Ads
Elovud

Post#9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:15 am

I have some good protection and regularly check my system. Before I started this post it may have taken a couple of times to get in. Now it can take anywhere from 3 or 4 tries to trying for 2 hours. All I do is just keep trying and then one time it will work. Like tonight when I played it took like 20 times. No apparent rhyme or reason.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 am

Have you tried using a vpn yet?