Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Still viable?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[WL] Still viable?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:51 pm

So I'm coming back after taking several months off and I heard there was some work done to the WL that nerfed it. I'm a really casual player, and I'm wondering if they're worth playing now if I'm playing solo or in PUGs.

Ads
Zaxxond

Re: [WL] Still viable?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Still viable. Great for solo play and 6 mans. Not so great in WB RVR play.

Luuca

Post#3 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Welcome Back. We are looking to fill in our 3 WL -1 tank - 2 healer 6 man if you need a guild.

message Zaxxond in game.

catholicism198

Post#4 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Aebel wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:51 pm So I'm coming back after taking several months off and I heard there was some work done to the WL that nerfed it. I'm a really casual player, and I'm wondering if they're worth playing now if I'm playing solo or in PUGs.
They received a slight nerf but When adequately geared they can still defeat people in 3 seconds.

Darks63

Post#5 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:05 pm

The nerf was to the guardian spec. The bread and butter Hunt/Axe is still solid.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Wouldn't really call it a nerf either. (Just my opinion). WL can still solo hunt and kill just about anything.
Play around with 6 man to figure out what mechanics/specs you like. For WB (and dungeons with Lords that can be aggro'd by pet) I recommend the No Pet option, which actually is a viable play mode now.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Renork

Post#7 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:34 pm

drmordread wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:16 pm Wouldn't really call it a nerf either. (Just my opinion). WL can still solo hunt and kill just about anything.
Play around with 6 man to figure out what mechanics/specs you like. For WB (and dungeons with Lords that can be aggro'd by pet) I recommend the No Pet option, which actually is a viable play mode now.
Pretty much this, still the most popular class in Order too. I rather get ganked by a WH than a wl :^)

Aebel

Post#8 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 pm

Thanks guys, that's good to hear. Coming back I wanted to either play my WL or my Engineer (both about mid level) but I know Order has a lack of melee classes compared to Destro so I figure I'll pick my WL up

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 pm

It's the easiest melee class to play on Order if you want immediate results.

Fey

Post#10 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:17 pm

WH still looks 10x cooler which is more important.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan